Where did Crop King get their White Widow strain?

Re: Where did Crop King get there white widow strain?

I've always wondered where the CKS strains come from. Their marketing seems to have almost no connection to nature, if I can put it that way. No genetics or history- just product. I highly doubt they'd be doing their breeding in Canada, if they even do any of their own breeding. People seem to like their stuff. I just keep staring at their strains and they all look the same to me, like I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I keep winning $100 CKS seed coupons and then giving them away. Partly because I figure someone else needs the coupon more than me, partly because I just don't seem to be able to find anything I like.
I do have some Dark Angel (I think that's the name) vegging now so maybe I'll change my tune. Not even sure what my tune is... would love to hear some background to their strain genetics.

Well I will say that my white widow seeds was not big at all. They looked pale and under developed. According to CKS that's was just how the White Widow seeds are. No clue if this is bs or not.
However..... Thos shitty looking seeds turned out to be beautiful plants. I dropped 4 and they all germinated and are now flowering. I haven't had a chance to try them out as today ends my 5th week from turning 12/12 but I'm pretty happy so far

20170202_213624-1.jpg
20170202_165941.jpg

Re: Where did Crop King get there white widow strain?

I've always wondered where the CKS strains come from. Their marketing seems to have almost no connection to nature, if I can put it that way. No genetics or history- just product. I highly doubt they'd be doing their breeding in Canada, if they even do any of their own breeding. People seem to like their stuff. I just keep staring at their strains and they all look the same to me, like I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I keep winning $100 CKS seed coupons and then giving them away. Partly because I figure someone else needs the coupon more than me, partly because I just don't seem to be able to find anything I like.
I do have some Dark Angel (I think that's the name) vegging now so maybe I'll change my tune. Not even sure what my tune is... would love to hear some background to their strain genetics.

How does one get these coupons? or win them? very interested

420 has monthly contests for best nug, best plant- which anyone can enter. Also there is the member of the month contest. And the annnual nug/plant/member of the year contest as well. Voted on by whichever members come along and vote. The contests are under the 'lounge' tab at the top. Here 420 Magazine

Anyway- CKS coupons are among the prizes given out. I try to give away most of them.

I asked once before when I was on the phone with them but I don't think I ever really got an answer. Would love to know the history of this companies strain. Feel free to chime in and let us know Crop king. Or anyone who knows.
Thank you

We have the Original White Widow, the one what won the High Times Cup in Amsterdam back in 1995. Her actual birth date extends to nearly a decade before that. A well-balanced hybrid reportedly made by crossing a Brazilian sativa with an unknown indica from South India, she is both an indica-dominant and a sativa-dominant. That's why it's so popular.

We have the Original White Widow, the one what won the High Times Cup in Amsterdam back in 1995. Her actual birth date extends to nearly a decade before that. A well-balanced hybrid reportedly made by crossing a Brazilian sativa with an unknown indica from South India, she is both an indica-dominant and a sativa-dominant. That's why it's so popular.

I'm glad you showed up here. I'm wondering if you can provide info on where CKS gets their strains and if they do their own breeding? I guess that's kind of a personal question.
Mainly I find that -with the total lack of genetic strain info on your site - I have a hard time choosing a strain because I don't know what I'm really buying. Would be great to hear the origin of some of these strains. Knowing the lineage tells a person a lot about what they actually are. Thanks. :thumb:

I have a Dark Angel (I think that's the name) vegging now so maybe I'll change my tune. Not even sure what my tune is... would love to hear some background to their strain genetics.

cks said ww is both sativa and indica dominate.they say they test each seed for thc etc...i know from my experiance that seeds taken from one bud have the closest phenotype. i would prefere that then atleast seeds from the same plant.if not the differences in type can be dramatic.after inbreeding the ww back to original the first seeds from that crop are the hybred good viger seeds, subsequint generations can get off from the original till they inbreed again. i think they did this with my ccaf that didnt flower.they dont sell seeds really geared for the grower.they are just in a way random seeds meant for the novice.i would say their rep here on the forum dosent know how to grow even.its been a couple months since hes even replied to a post.i think i got an f1 ww and a f1 pk.thet now are beauties representing thier strain.according to cks you could end up with a sativa dom or a indica dominate.most all plants have that same possibility.tell them you want one or the other ands see what they say.

Don't forget about 420 Robert Bergman is a great grower and knows his cannabis. And his genetics is amazing.

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

Yes, all our seeds are tested for THC, CBD and other components by a licensed lab here in Canada. You can find the PDF of the result in each strain's page in our website. this is cks 4th or 5th post when they first joined.

CORRECTION: In order for you to have "the original White Widow" you would have to have copies of the original parents, which you do not. You may have used "original" White Widow seeds to create second generation, or "F2" seeds, which makes yours knock offs, not original seeds. The only breeder that has White Widow P1 stock is Shantibaba, the breeder of the original White Widow.

cks said ww is both sativa and indica dominate.they say they test each seed for thc etc...i know from my experiance that seeds taken from one bud have the closest phenotype. i would prefere that then atleast seeds from the same plant.if not the differences in type can be dramatic.after inbreeding the ww back to original the first seeds from that crop are the hybred good viger seeds, subsequint generations can get off from the original till they inbreed again. i think they did this with my ccaf that didnt flower.they dont sell seeds really geared for the grower.they are just in a way random seeds meant for the novice.i would say their rep here on the forum dosent know how to grow even.its been a couple months since hes even replied to a post.i think i got an f1 ww and a f1 pk.thet now are beauties representing thier strain.according to cks you could end up with a sativa dom or a indica dominate.most all plants have that same possibility.tell them you want one or the other ands see what they say.

So, by definition, CKS "white widow", would at best be an f2, then.
White Widow, is an F1 indica/sativa cross of very specific P1 (parent) stock. CKS doesn't have the P1 parents, period. So, what they've done, is buy F1 seeds from Mr. Nice and re-fuck them-Making an f2 seedlot. Got it.
F1 hybrids by definition, equally(!) exhibit the traits of the original P1 stock. An f2 cross of an F1 hybrid exhibit not a perfect blend of the P1 stock like an F1 does, but strong expressions of either/or parent. To clarify: CKS admitted in so many words that they simply knock off the original White Widow and your results will vary wildly. FFS, There's (slightly) less shame in selling overpriced knock offs if they'd just admit what they're doing. They don't sell Original White Widow, they sell a copy.

I am to understand that all the seeds in Canada come from the same distributer . Each storefront has there own name . I had ordered seeds from 4 different online stores , and there was a huge mix up , as the distributor got all 4 orders at once .... Each "store" seemed to have all 4 orders on file .....

Yes, all our seeds are tested for THC, CBD and other components by a licensed lab here in Canada. You can find the PDF of the result in each strain's page in our website. this is cks 4th or 5th post when they first joined.

You can not test seeds for their potential THC, CBD or other components by any lab.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom