Where did Crop King get their White Widow strain?

My wish is that companies that sell to the horticultural community would stop lying to us. In many cases the end user is much more knowledgeable than the product supplier. From lighting to seed to soil these companies continue to lie to us, misrepresenting their products in hopes of preying on our ignorance.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

This is my white cookies plant from CKS, seems like good genetics to me! it's only on day 28 of flower

420-magazine-mobile392188949.jpg

420-magazine-mobile303221892.jpg

420-magazine-mobile603461750.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1037513299.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1949623604.jpg

This is my white cookies plant from CKS, seems like good genetics to me! it's only on day 28 of flower

420-magazine-mobile392188949.jpg

420-magazine-mobile303221892.jpg

420-magazine-mobile603461750.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1037513299.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1949623604.jpg

I don't think anyone is disputing wether the plant grows well or is indeed "quality". The concern is that Crop King's claim that it is both Sativa and indica dominant (as ridiculous as that sounds) is wrong. By definition, dominate implies "one greater than the other". No one thing can be dominant in two separate lineages. It is by definition impossible. That aside...according to a recent genetic study conducted at Guelph University (Canada's foremost agricultural and cannabis research university) "White Widow" is 100% Indica with most reported claims showing its ancestry at 40% Sativa. The claim that it is both Sativa and Indica dominant is therefore easily refuted both through basic logic and genetic research.
Crop King (and every other seed company) needs to understand that frivolous claims with attached arbitrary numbers will no longer fool the general public in the Information Age. Studies are being conducted worldwide by several accredited universities. Information is easily obtained. Lying to the public is not only easily refuted through scientific research it is detrimental to the credibility of any company still spreading these lies.

Attached is a graph from the university of Guelph cannabis genome project. This paper was published in the scientific journal PLOS one and can be reviewed under the article "The Genetic Structure of Marijuana and Hemp"

Jason Sawler, Jake M. Stout, Kyle M. Gardner, Darryl Hudson, John Vidmar, Laura Butler, Jonathan E. Page, Sean Myles

420-magazine-mobile392216307.jpg

Sounds to me they got greenhouse seeds clone of white widow..

Sounds to me they got greenhouse seeds clone of white widow..

I'd say one of the people that makes seeds for CKS bought some WW seeds from GHS.
GHS doesn't keep P1 stock in Holland, their facilities for making seeds are in South Africa. And, GHS quite probably doesn't have the original P1 WW parent stock any more, they just inbreed their old stock-F2, F3, etc etc.
And, to split hairs, for fun: Even if (lol) CKS did have an "original WW clone", White Widow is an F1 hybrid of two specific parents: One indica and one sativa, and without those specific, individual parents, one cannot produce the original White Widow seeds. The only results that can be produced w/o the parents are at best, an unstable F2-plus generation which unequally represents the original P1 stock.
Summary: As Jimmy said, the vast majority of these modern seed sellers are full of . and prey on the ignorance and exuberance of uneducated consumers.

It is possible that both Indica and Sativa are both expressed. Copy number variation could put multiple copies of genes in the plant. Chromosome crossover in a hybrid could give both dominant versions of the different versions in the same plant. Both would be expressed. Technically, they're neither dominant or recessive; they're codominant.

Why do people seem to have always a problem with cks I veg under 1000w led then flower under 1000w hps 1000w MH and a few 1200w leds. My results are absolutely amazing I wouldn't change my set up or seed company for anything...Crop King Seeds u god Damn RULE

One reason CKS sucks is due to their seed mix up, IMO! Sent out Sour Jack seeds as Candy Cane and they just kept their mouths shut about it.

Wouldn't doubt a bunch of people expecting smaller auto flowers had to scrap their entire grow... Crap King Seeds, IMO!

Or the countless auto flowers that don't auto flower and have to switch to 12/12....

Yep, those Sour Jack almost hit 6 foot!

20% Hermi rate on my last hash plant grow.. CBD Auto cheese posted here recently didn't AF as well...

Another guy made a post about his NL Auto not actually AF'ing either!

Not sure where they get there white widow seeds.
But a i can confirm as i am growing ww autos from 3 different seed banks at the present.
And there all about the same..cks...seedman..and bonza..
Hard to tell the diff...
Also 3 brands of trainwreck autos..
Biggeset are the seedman ones..3 to 4 ft..tall with far apart nodes.
Cks and bonza are short and fat and many many colas..
I think its just the luck of the draw what comes..

Im going to grow some og larry soon from cali connection..
At the big price of these seeds i expect some spectacular results..
They have a rep for good genitics..we shall see..
I can grow well no doubt.but cant control the seeds..
I believe you generally get what you buy..
But its quite obvious some banks do much better than others..
Cks has problems from time to time..but they have always replaced any seed i had issues..
Seedman replaces seeds too.
Bonza would not do a thing for me last time i got bad seeds..

Interesting! Just grew out one CANUK White Widow and it looks nothing like the CKS WW I ran. Running 2 clones of CANUK WW now, VERY sativa heavy compared to the CKS version.

CANUK seeds isn't on Seedfinder.eu . I have heard Mark Emery somehow is involved with them. Could be totally false though.

CKS has superb customer service. My first two packs of seeds turned out low percentages of germination due to my own error and they replaced both lots for me without any hassle. That's how you get repeat business - by taking care of customers. They have my loyalty.

After the latest seed mix up I wouldn't trust them ever again, to many better options when you are a legal grower!

Back
Top Bottom