White Rhino Konvik Dry Herb Vape

Koolbudz

My kid who uses Canna medically wanted to try dry herb vaping so we picked up this White Rhino Konvik locally to test it out and see if it was better for him.

The unit feels decent, looks decent, comes with silicone mouth piece covers (friends can hit it without everyone using same mouth piece cover), extra screens, charge cable and cleaning brush, the packaging seems pretty standard yet well made not too thin.

To start, read the directions, charged the unit ground some bud and filled it up.........

I thought I was burning a shoe on first inhale and thought there is no way people could enjoy this.....

So after some reading online (directions say nothing) I tried burning off the manufacturing oils with probably a total of 10 full heat runs which are only about 3 minutes or so till vape turns off automatically
(during the burn off I blew thru the unit backwards instead of inhaling to help push smell out), but still had a bad taste n smell. I tried 91% ISO on a cotton swab, and still plastic smell..... really did a visual on unit to see if I could take it apart and clean it up inside but nope, probably not gonna happen without destroying it.

Thoroughly wiped unit down with ISO and a lot of plastic smell went away. Did it again and almost totally gone.

After some more burn in and wiping with alcohol pads it seems I finally got as much of that smell gone and doesnt smell like a burnt shoe any more.

The unit is easy to use and has 3 temps, battery seems to last a decent length.

The unit was on clearance $39.99 regular $59.99 and well even at $39.99 after all the cleaning I think $0 would be more fair.

I would avoid this unit due to so much plastic smell and taste with no mention in directions of such a possibility, specially when on the outside was so much of the smell, this makes me think that if outside was so oily you can bet inside is way worse.

I would consider this unit a health hazard.

205627985_1484194488591409_6144682657220070008_n.jpg

My kid who uses Canna medically wanted to try dry herb vaping so we picked up this White Rhino Konvik locally to test it out and see if it was better for him.

The unit feels decent, looks decent, comes with silicone mouth piece covers (friends can hit it without everyone using same mouth piece cover), extra screens, charge cable and cleaning brush, the packaging seems pretty standard yet well made not too thin.

To start, read the directions, charged the unit ground some bud and filled it up.........

I thought I was burning a shoe on first inhale and thought there is no way people could enjoy this.....

So after some reading online (directions say nothing) I tried burning off the manufacturing oils with probably a total of 10 full heat runs which are only about 3 minutes or so till vape turns off automatically
(during the burn off I blew thru the unit backwards instead of inhaling to help push smell out), but still had a bad taste n smell. I tried 91% ISO on a cotton swab, and still plastic smell..... really did a visual on unit to see if I could take it apart and clean it up inside but nope, probably not gonna happen without destroying it.

Thoroughly wiped unit down with ISO and a lot of plastic smell went away. Did it again and almost totally gone.

After some more burn in and wiping with alcohol pads it seems I finally got as much of that smell gone and doesnt smell like a burnt shoe any more.

The unit was on clearance $39.99 regular $59.99 and well even at $39.99 after all the cleaning I think $0 would be more fair.

I would avoid this unit due to so much plastic smell and taste with no mention in directions of such a possibility, specially when on the outside was so much of the smell, this makes me think that if outside was so oily you can bet inside is way worse.

Good review. Last year I stopped smoking due to asthma, and spent months researching different dry herb vapes. I had several desktop units in the past when I tried making the switch before and I never found one that beat good old fashioned combustion. I've gone through several cheaper models in the 50 to 100 dollar range and none of them could properly simulate a joint or bowl smoked and I almost gave up until I discovered the Storz and Bickel Mighty vape. I had to play around with it and buy an additional water pipe adapter and a small bong but its helped me make the switch permanently and I even like it better than smoking out of my old bong now that I've been using it for a year and its great to be able to taste the nuances of each strain.

That's not a bad price. I wouldn't have purchased the mighty if I hadn't gotten it for 120. I wasnt about to shell out 250+ for a portable herb
I hesitated to spend $100 on something that others charge more than double for, found a video on youtube about this unit and it sort of sold me. So I went for it and glad I did.

Back
Top Bottom