White tops?

2wheels

2012-08-07_10-48-01_100.jpg

THis soil was reused from last year. feeding bio-bizz in 100 gallon pots. Happened within 2 days and 1 died within a week. I have blasted and foiliar fed with micro nutes.

Re: white tops??? wtf!

Never reuse soil. Excessive bacteria and salts can build up. Your's looks like excessive salt buildup. You could try flushing the holy shit out of the soil and see if it helps. Otherwise replant with new soil.

Re: white tops??? wtf!

I will not reuse soil again!! I have a few that had new soil and they are more vigorous and healthier. I have flushed soil well and I think it has stopped going south but not suuure....

Is that your thought? Salt build up?

Re: White tops??? wtf!

Yep most likely. Now that you.ve flushed it carefully add nutes back into the soil along with a B12 anti stress vitamin and maybe some root promoters.

Used organic soil that is a few harvests old is BETTER then 1st season soil. It has far more microbes. Then compost is broken down much more as is all the other nutrients. Old rich soil is unbeatable when taken care of PERIOD.

So how does one "take care of" used soil to make it viable?

There are instances where the soil can be easily reused. Till it up and add a bag of manure to it maybe some perlite. Regular ground soil, turned special brix with simple fungus microbes added and a bit of moss. Bahm years. Depending if the rain is heavy. If the forest the plants reuse the soil indefinitely.

So how does one "take care of" used soil to make it viable?
It would have to be cooked first to remove excess bacteria. For cannabis its not worth the hassle. Put the used soil in your flower garden.
Enough things can go wrong growing and its better to not just add another one by using used soil.

Using used soil is like putting a dirty diaper back on your baby after you shake it clean. If you think of it like actual kids it only makes sense to give the best you can afford.

Back
Top Bottom