Who makes a good dimmable ballast?

Lowdog

I'm looking into getting a dimmable 1k watt ballast. Are there any that should be avoided or any that are better than most? Thanks.

What I recommend is going with a reliable source. By that I mean a store or person you can trust and know won't burn you, specifically with warranties. Some sellers make it very difficult to handle a warranty return, others won't even deal with it and tell you to go to the manufacturer.

Other then that there are some small things that are good about ballasts over others. Some give off a heavy RF signal which can cause interference and make it detectable. Now this isn't a big deal for everyone, not everyone has to worry about that, but it's something to keep in mind.

So whether you choose a sponsor on this forum or something on eBay or Amazon just make sure it's a legit seller.

Good advice. Thanks. Ive bought from htg supply in the past (like I could have bought from them in the future). I had a digi ballast go bad under warranty and I called them. They had the new 1 to me in 3 days and didn't even ask for the old one back. Probably should try them.

Quantum digital are dimable and build for humid conditions, best on the market as far as I'm concerned! Just remember that mixed spectrum HPS such as Phillips Son -T agro don't dim!

I personally have a Galaxy Electronic one, the old style, not the new one and I like it so far, just started my first turn and am 2 weeks into flowering

Some give off a heavy RF signal which can cause interference

Hey JJ.... How can I tell which ones give off a high signal. I've been debating the Growtronix system, and the only real issue that I have seen with different people is interference from the digital balasts. Now, it seems that a shielded cat5 eliminates the issue. But the less factors the better.

Never had issues with mine; I run Solis-Tek and Sunmaster ballasts. Make sure you understand the dimming process though, never start up a lamp in the dimmed setting.

Happy Trails

Back
Top Bottom