Why do my seedlings stretch?

Still will be my first serious grow so I'll find out.

are you worried about seedlings stretching? if you have an actual light it shouldnt be an issue.
only time i have ever had stretch was the first time i tried sprouting seeds.
i put them under my kitchen flourescent and they grew like 6” overnight and all fell over

Just wait. If you see something odd in a seedling state..ignore it. Ive seen people worried because a touch of discoloration or some other bologna. Its a weed. Just wait. Trying to adjust lights for a seedling is humorus..That young they will either recover or die...most recover. Some die due to too much interference of the grower..keep it simple..

are you worried about seedlings stretching? if you have an actual light it shouldnt be an issue.
only time i have ever had stretch was the first time i tried sprouting seeds.
i put them under my kitchen flourescent and they grew like 6” overnight and all fell over
Haha I've done that a few times trying to start them under 250w LEDs. Had a few others that stretched like buggery so I lowered the light and fried them.
Now just use a CFL reflector on 24/7 about 6 inches away from them. Much easier :)

Haha I've done that a few times trying to start them under 250w LEDs. Had a few others that stretched like buggery so I lowered the light and fried them.
Now just use a CFL reflector on 24/7 about 6 inches away from them. Much easier :)

don't like using led's in germination like you cfl's or t-5's

People underestimate the usefulness of CFL. Everything's got it's time and place. Awesome light for clones too :)
Many years ago use cfl's (500 watt's) both in veg and in flower grew some great plants with good yields - but know going LED and there is a very marked difference with yields , ect)

Many years ago use cfl's (500 watt's) both in veg and in flower grew some great plants with good yields - but know going LED and there is a very marked difference with yields , ect)
Yeah I've seen a few guys pull pretty impressive plants with CFL. Few folk doing really cool shit with household CFLs in tiny spaces too. I like those grows. It's fuckin hard growing in a meter, never mind a square foot lol.

Dude - This thread is about stretched seedlings. Go start your own thread but firstdon't be so lazy and do some searches. This has been discussed many times.
Are u talking to me? I’m not trying to hijack nouthin, if u can’t figure out how to slow the stretch of seedlings u got bigger problems than me. Lol

Are u talking to me? I’m not trying to hijack nouthin, if u can’t figure out how to slow the stretch of seedlings u got bigger problems than me. Lol
other than genetics - seedling stretching can be caused by improper light distance. distance of your light from top of plant? So when I plant I just have about an inch or so of stem above soil , sometimes have about 2 inches in the soil, never no issues

Hi. I did not read through the whole thread, hope I am not being repetitive.... Add BLUE light. Deep Blues into UV(A) help keep the nodes tight and the plants shorter.
PIX: Visual Comparrison between usage of more red, more blue lighting.
I have 2 selfbuilt Deep Blue LED 'Fixtures', and also 2 Rapid LEDs 'Growmau5 Pucks' Red Bloom initiators.
In the pix, you see the plants in the middle, are all quite stout, short, almost bonzai. These receive 5x 3w extra Deep Blues and 1x 3w Infra Red for the whole light cycle, 18 hrs/day.
The 2 Pucks only come on for 15 min/day at end of lightcycle.
Main Lighting (CLW SS 275) is set at: Red 75%, White 75%, Blue 99%
ALL plants in the pix are 100% same age!! Ok, it#s mixed Autoflowers and normal Light Cyclers.
As you can tell, the plants with more Blues, stay shorter.
Mounty
20190425_093810.jpg
20190425_093825.jpg
20190425_093837.jpg

I strung a couple of strands of multicolored led Christmas lights around the room to livened up the place a bit. Who knows it may have helped the grow as well? ( wishfull thinking ) on my part.

Back
Top Bottom