Will my buds get stronger?

After you harvest, a proper dry is necessary. It's best to dry the whole plant upside down. If you can't hang the whole plant then you can cut individual branches.

You should dry in a dark area where there is some ventilation but not pointed directly at the plants. Temperatures of 55-65 degrees are ideal, however, you also need to maintain some humidity. Humidity should be in the range of 50-55% percent if you can maintain it there.

The idea is for you to prolong drying to about two weeks if possible to give the flowers a chance to get rid of as much chlorafil as possible.

The above is the very minimum you should do to have some properly dried herbs. Once completed, you should place your buds in airtight containers in a dark cool place, and try to keep the humidity at around 60-62%. This is when the curing process will begin. If you are interested in learning about curing, there are plenty of post in this forum. Just do a search.

So smoking a doob at harvest is equal to a doob that has been cured? Bs. Bs. Bs. Bs.

Just saying.
You got some evidence to back your claim up or is this just your opinion??
Because once a bud is cut the thc begins to degrade!!
So you think thc levels rise once a bud is cut from the plant!! 🤣

Yes the thc has degradation. But.

Potency, as it pertains to marijuana, means the concentration of THC and other cannabinoids within the bud. A study found that “curing does not increase the total amount of cannabinoids in the bud but instead increases their relative proportion.” The theory is that curing makes the plant material drier. This allows the THC to bind more effectively with the available cannabinoids, increasing potency.

You got some evidence to back your claim up or is this just your opinion??
Because once a bud is cut the thc begins to degrade!!
So you think thc levels rise once a bud is cut from the plant!! 🤣

Have you every grown cannabis? What he is stating is 100% fact and provable. The thc activates as it dries and cures, therefore properly dried herbs will be stronger.. than smoking herbs right after harvest. Furthermore, the high is completely different and more enjoyable. Virtually nobody argues about this.

Have you every grown cannabis? What he is stating is 100% fact and provable. The thc activates as it dries and cures, therefore properly dried herbs will be stronger.. than smoking herbs right after harvest. Furthermore, the high is completely different and more enjoyable. Virtually nobody argues about this.
Thank you.

We all like to partake a little early. But.

A nice cured bud. Will always trump an early nugglet

I agree the high is different and the smoke is more enjoyable but the thc level is not higher!!
Yeah I've grown a plant or 2 and probably more than you have!! 🤣
So prove it then post a link that proves thc levels rise once a bud has been cut!!
Prove me wrong champ!!

Otherwise there would be no reason to properly cure your weed.

We would smoke that shit right off the plant yo.

Anyone here like waiting? Nope didn't think so.
Did you not read the bit I wrote about it being a better taste and smoother smoke!! That's what you cure!!

I agree the high is different and the smoke is more enjoyable but the thc level is not higher!!
Yeah I've grown a plant or 2 and probably more than you have!! 🤣
So prove it then post a link that proves thc levels rise once a bud has been cut!!
Prove me wrong champ!!

You're the only one saying the THC level is not higher, and no is disputing that. What we are saying that by drying and curing, the thc is activated, therefore when you smoke properly dried and cured herbs, you will get higher.

There is numerous sources. How deep would you like me to go.

When weed is cured, it allows more tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) to be synthesized from tetrahydrocannabinol acid (THCA) and other minor cannabinoids. THC is the primary cannabinoid in cannabis that is responsible for psychoactive potency.

Smoking Uncured Weed: Can You Do It?

There is numerous sources. How deep would you like me to go.

When weed is cured, it allows more tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) to be synthesized from tetrahydrocannabinol acid (THCA) and other minor cannabinoids. THC is the primary cannabinoid in cannabis that is responsible for psychoactive potency.

Smoking Uncured Weed: Can You Do It?

...but unless activated (dried and cured), THC is worthless. 😁

Those were my own words based on my personal knowledge of the subject matter. You are free to refute anything that I said there. There is no opinion in those words at all, I related to you pure scientific fact that you are free to research on your own. There is no research paper that I know of that describes this process any better than I just did.

I will note here, after explaining what the curing process does, that I agree with you in that the Delta 9 THC is never higher than at the moment the plant is chopped. From that point on conversion starts taking place and the Delta 9 THC percentage is never as high as it was. Some would argue that this makes the pot strongest at that point, but that is only if we are considering the euphoric effect or the strength of the product on the brain. If we are talking instead the analgesic effect and the combination effect of what happens with a combination of Delta 8, Delta 9 and CBD in the ingested product. People whose receptors respond better to those other products would disagree that the beginning is when the product was the strongest.

Curing cannabis increases the potency of the buds: Cannabis is the type of plant that produces tetrahydrocannabinol acid (THCA). Along with the THCA, it also produces some other fantastic cannabinoids through biosynthesis. In this process, certain compounds gradually convert into a new blend.
For example, the THCA turns into a unique blend and become THC, the psychoactive compound of cannabis that gives you the soothing and uplifting high you want.

Drying And Curing Cannabis: Things You Need To Know - Spinfuel

The curing process allows the buds to develop to their full potential of cannabinoid content of THC and THCA. It also allows the terpene profile to fully develop as well, giving the bud its unique flavourful aroma.

HOW TO DRY & CURE YOUR CANNABIS

Low temperatures slow decarboxylation, the process in which THCA converts into the intoxicating THC.
THC eventually degrades into CBN, a cannabinoid with different effects and properties.

The ultimate guide to drying and curing cannabis for the best results

j

I wanted a link to some actual science on the subject because telling people that thc levels will rise once a bud is cut is wrong!

jj.png

Postharvest Operations of Cannabis and Their Effect on Cannabinoid Content: A Review

Lawyered!

j

Back
Top Bottom