Woerr's Micro CFL - Durban Poison - 2015 - First Grow LST

woerr

My first grow, please comment and feel free to give your opinions on how I could improve.

Strain: unknown bag seed, most likely malawi gold or durban poison, Sativa.
Been in flower for two days
Garden soil mixed with potting soil 50/50 in a 1kg pot
cfl 80 watt 3000k, 60watt 6000k
there is an exhaust fan at top that pulls air in from the sides of the opening at the back.
temperature is an average of 22deg Celsius
I have no proper test kit for pH but analogue meter shows 7
watering happens when soil is dry for 3cm deep, currently every three days or so
I over fertilized in veg, ended up flushing and haven't use any nutes since.
I have had leaves turning yellow and falling off all through veg.
veg was for two months.

DSC_11925.JPG
DSC_11916.JPG
DSC_11905.JPG

update week two, I would appreciate comments on health and setup.

Enough light?
distance to light?

DSC_12373.JPG

DSC_12385.JPG

DSC_12395.JPG

DSC_12406.JPG

DSC_12413.JPG

DSC_12424.JPG

opinions on defoliating?
Is space an issue, should I get rid of one of the plants?\

Also I have a new plant coming up, its a super cheese. what could cause the leaves to shrink very much. will add a photo later. Its under 1 40wat cfl that is about 10cm away.

3.5 weeks of flower update,

DSC_13184.JPG

DSC_13164.JPG

DSC_13134.JPG

DSC_13121.JPG

DSC_12424.JPG

DSC_13142.JPG

DSC_13153.JPG

My space is getting very tight. I added some topsoil which is basicly just potting soil. Should I add other nutes?

The Super cheese seedling hasnt been looking too good, leaves are very small and distance between nodes are very small, also the color of the leaves seems to be very light/bright green and the bottom nodes leaves have already fallen off.plant seems to not be growing anymore.

As for the adults any recommendations will be helpful.

Week 4 of flower, please point out any issues as this is my first grow, and nobody has commented on anything yet.

Good luck , i'm also growing my first recently , with cfls , i think ur wasting alot of light without any reflectors , and u definitely have nutes issues , i think u should put some photos in the questions and problems room , there u can get help from experts , because i'm not one XD , good luck anyways i'll be following :volcano-smiley:
and u'd be welcome if u wanna check out my journal
Katatonia's Journal - CFLs - Northern Light - Soil

ok im in here for you fella. Hard to give you any help really as no info has been given on what type of nutes youre using or mayb I missed it, the soil youre using was also a bit vague. Something definately wasnt right with them in veg, but since youve got into flower they seem to have improved. I dont use cfl lamps, I use hps but you are best to get some reflectors on those lights as youre losing alot of lumens up top. Clean up all that dead leaf around the base of the plant.

Are you transplanting these as I see some small plants in some hefty pots

Hey, thanks for the replies, the larger plants are looking good now, i just started adding nutes again(will specify what the are later) i am more worried about the small super cheese that is in the big pot(is that a problem?) the soil used for the super cheese is a normal potting soil mix that i got from the local florist. I did add a very small dose of nutes to it and it seems that it has started growing again.

You said i should remove the fallen leaves, is there a specific reason for that? I thought it would just brake down and become plant food

Bacteria etc is the reason and pests. As for soil try and get some with nutrients already added, but thats entirely upto you. Just make sure you know because you dont wanna be feeding if theres already nutes in there. Pots should go up gradually in size, from cup size then to medium (which for me is 6.5l) and finally large 12l or larger depending on youre needs. This is ofcourse with normal beans and not autos, im led to understand autos start in large pots as they dont like being transplanted

Herb

edit: how long are you planning on keeping those in there, would take quite a few months if not years to break those leaves down to be anything like food. Youd also need fungi, worms n such

It seems light is a big problem as well.
When going for CFL you want the lights to be as close to your plants as possible. I'm talking a few inches here (5-10cm).

A good rule of thumb is to hold your hand a few cm away from your cfl and feel the heat. If its not that hot then thats how close your lights should be to your plant

Since you are in the flowering phase you should focus the lights on your budding sites.
Get the WARM white CFL lights during flowering. I would suggest a bare minimum of 50watts (2x 23w) for every square 30cm.

Another thing I would suggest is to get all 4 walls of your plants as white/reflective as possible and to get a reflector above your plants.

To sum all this up:

- Get your lights closer to your plants
- Get a reflector above your lights
- Get reflection AROUND rout plant sides
- Get LOTS and LOTS of WARM white cfls

With just a few minor adjustments you can greatly increase your final yield of this plant.

I Will update later tonight, But I had a question in the mean time, The super cheese seedling in some of the pictures has started to flower, I have put it under 24h light but hasnt seemed to make any difference. Is there anything else I can do to put in back into veg?

Finally time for an update, The buds are coming along nicely, I could however use some help figuring our why I am losing so many leaves.

WEEK 7

DSC_16291.JPG
DSC_16161.JPG

DSC_1615.JPG
DSC_1614.JPG

As you can see my seedling is flowering :( no matter, I will try again.

DSC_16201.JPG
DSC_16181.JPG

Back
Top Bottom