Would this light be sufficient?

b2ke

So I bought 3 of these thinking I would need it for 1 plant during vegging. And so I'm getting the clone tomorrow but I tested one of these lights out for 5 minutes. The start temperature was 68 degrees Fahrenheit and the end temperature after 5 minutes was about 88 degrees. (no fan on)

Would only one of these be needed for this plant throughout the whole vegatation cycle? its blue and i thought it would work well because wouldnt it be in the blue spectrum of light?

heres a picture of it
111109200816.png

NO! Take those back. They're incandescent bulbs. They produce far more heat than light and the only reason that the illumination is colored is because the glass is coated which blocks even more light.

If you are just starting out and/or are on a limited budget, try CFLs. 6500K color temperature for vegetative and 2700K for flowering. A ratio of 75% of the suggested and 25% of the other (for whichever cycle) can be helpful.

You'll be very happy with CFLs for your grow, I've used them personally. Not only do they give off very little heat, they are priced low and consume hardly any energy, which will keep your electric bill down. A lot can be achieved with only a few CFLs.

Running 3 of those... 3 x 150w = 450w You would be way better off going with CFL's, T-5's or even a 400w HPs/MH setup for the amount of electricity vs the amount of usable light you would receive from those bulbs... take them back as everyone else said...Great advice given here at 420 mag!! feel free to take a browse around...

Back
Top Bottom