Ideal temperature

ilei

420 Member
Hello, I've been growing a pot plant for a little over 2 months now and it's been in a conservatory for about the whole growing period. (i'm not english so srry if my english is bad) But the thing is, i don't actually know how hot it should be in there. I've read that it should not be hotter than 30 degrees Celcius/ 86 degrees Fahrenheit but i'm not sure if hat's true. Can anyone tell me at what temperature it's getting to hot in there for my plant? On a very sunny day (like today it's between 20-26 degrees celcius) it's about 30 degrees in there, maybe a few more. Besides, my plant is growing like crazy so I'm thinking of this temperature just now because I wasn't experiencing any problems with this (high) temperatures...

Attachments

• IMG_4866.JPG
    IMG_4866.JPG
    607.3 KB · Views: 180
Welcome @ilei ! Beautiful plant! I'm no expert but I don't think you are pushing the edge of the temp range yet. Ideal is 21-26c but I bet you could push mid 30's or higher and as long as you had good watering habits going on your plant would be happy as can be. Our girls are used to it getting hot, I don't think they mind heat as much as they do cold. I'd think a hot plant can be watered through the heatwave, but a cold plant is out of luck! Again I'm no expert, I'm sure one will be here soon to help us with definitive answers! Cheers, luck to your grow! :yahoo:

Welcome @ilei ! Beautiful plant! I'm no expert but I don't think you are pushing the edge of the temp range yet. Ideal is 21-26c but I bet you could push mid 30's or higher and as long as you had good watering habits going on your plant would be happy as can be. Our girls are used to it getting hot, I don't think they mind heat as much as they do cold. I'd think a hot plant can be watered through the heatwave, but a cold plant is out of luck! Again I'm no expert, I'm sure one will be here soon to help us with definitive answers! Cheers, luck to your grow! :yahoo:
Thanks alot! At least i'm not concerned anymore of my plant overheating... I hope he keeps growing like he's doing now :p
I'll keep you guys up to date

They can take very warm climates, but a lot of moving air helps the plant to naturally cool through transpiration. Dry air helps also.
True, i have 2 windows in this conservatory and whenever it gets to hot for the heat sensors, they will open automatically, so i think i have a decent airflow :)

I hope he keeps growing like he's doing now :p

Ahem...lets hope that's a she...

Please do keep us updated! If you feel up to it, start a grow journal and fill us in there, we all love to follow along and the big pot brain people will be able to check in and help in a place they are accustom to. Grow journals attract pot jedi's like flies!

True, i have 2 windows in this conservatory and whenever it gets to hot for the heat sensors, they will open automatically, so i think i have a decent airflow :)
You are better having it cooler than warmer in those temps...set your windows to be open full time. As the plant moves into flower the lower temps are actually beneficial while heat is detrimental...but they can easily handle ranges of 45-105F

You are better having it cooler than warmer in those temps...set your windows to be open full time. As the plant moves into flower the lower temps are actually beneficial while heat is detrimental...but they can easily handle ranges of 45-105F
Sweet, thanks alot for the information!

Back
Top Bottom