Xlr8's Magic Brownies - Step by Step - With Pictures!

so how many grams of kush would yu say is a 'decent' amount for a first timer at brownies? apart from that time at that party at that guys farm xP (nuff said)

Not sure there is a right or wrong answer. It really depends on how strong you want them. I've always used "sugar leaf" trim leaves ground up, about a half cup full. Your mileage may vary... But, if using bud you could probably get by with less than that, not sure how much because I honestly haven't tried it. There may be other posts in this thread that can help as a lot of people have also weighed in with their experiences and what they used.

The way I make them, one to two brownies are plenty for even someone with pretty high tolerance. 1/2 the material would require twice as many brownies for the same effect. Potency of the herb comes into play, too, and kush can vary in potency as there are many strains and phenos of kush varieties.

:goodluck:

Awesome!! I'm a part time professional baker - can't wait to follow this recipe w my first grow. Thanks for sharing! :)

Let us know how it turns out! :)

great recipe tutorial:thumb:

made a batch with all I had,about 8 oz of trim and bottom buds,48 fluid oz of oil
only needed 1 cup for 2 boxes of brownies,plenty left over

I broke the #1 rule,, patience . after deciding 1 was not enough I grabbed #2,as I finished it, #1 kicked in
holy shit,these really work and they taste great

green dragon shots and brownies on new years,this has made my day:bravo:

1 question? all of my plant matter was frozen,so my decarb time in oven should change??
I did decarb longer, I didn't think wet plant matter,would work,,,but I sure did something right,way stronger than the dispensaries
edibles I have recieved

great recipe tutorial:thumb:

made a batch with all I had,about 8 oz of trim and bottom buds,48 fluid oz of oil
only needed 1 cup for 2 boxes of brownies,plenty left over

I broke the #1 rule,, patience . after deciding 1 was not enough I grabbed #2,as I finished it, #1 kicked in
holy shit,these really work and they taste great

green dragon shots and brownies on new years,this has made my day:bravo:

1 question? all of my plant matter was frozen,so my decarb time in oven should change??
I did decarb longer, I didn't think wet plant matter,would work,,,but I sure did something right,way stronger than the dispensaries
edibles I have recieved

The key is that the material should be completely dry, or as dry as possible without burning off or vaporizing away the THC/CBD's from it. And, in a situation like yours that may take a bit longer - no prob. It's also helpful to have it ground somewhat finely in advance, makes it all easier in the end. Sounds like you did great!!

Thanks for posting your thoughts/experience. :)

:bravo:

X

Made these exactly as instructed. One brownie was way too strong for me! I ended up getting a little paranoid. A little less than half was my safe dose. Yummy!

I did try to search for BADKITTYSMILES and look for the peanut butter bombs but am having a hard time locating if anyone could help with the search or pass on the recipe would be greatly appreciated! :tokin:

Made these exactly as instructed. One brownie was way too strong for me! I ended up getting a little paranoid. A little less than half was my safe dose. Yummy!

I did try to search for BADKITTYSMILES and look for the peanut butter bombs but am having a hard time locating if anyone could help with the search or pass on the recipe would be greatly appreciated! :tokin:
LOL you know you did good when you start to trip out good luck on your recipe hunt

bump for awesomeness!

Followed this recipe to celebrate 420. And I tell u, the soy lecithin definitely makes a huge difference. My first batch was potent but these were amazing.

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone!! :) :thanks:

Thank you! So nice of you to share and help others :high-five:

I bought all of the different oils you suggest. For this brownie recipe, what combination would you recommend? Also how much oil should I make for just a single batch...would a cup be enough considering the slight loss to the cheesecloth to get the 3/4 needed? Going to use a quarter of :yummy:

Thanks again! :thumb:

Thank you! So nice of you to share and help others :high-five:

I bought all of the different oils you suggest. For this brownie recipe, what combination would you recommend? Also how much oil should I make for just a single batch...would a cup be enough considering the slight loss to the cheesecloth to get the 3/4 needed? Going to use a quarter of :yummy:

Thanks again! :thumb:

It's been a while since I've made these myself now, but my recollection is that I used the various oils in fairly equal amounts.

I usually do exactly as you suggest for the amount of oil to start with, which should net-down somewhat to where you need it. I usually end up with a little extra, which can be used in anything that you bake or cook as long as the temps don't get too super high. I've even just drizzled some of the extra on some salad, and yes, it tasted not too bad and definitely worked! Once I took the extra and substituted it into a cookie recipe. The recipe called for butter, but I substituted in some leftover oil for part of the butter. It turned out surprisingly well. Due to being mixed with the non-medicinal butter, they weren't as strong as the brownies -- but you could eat more that way and you still got the effect after several cookies (and who doesn't want to eat more than one or two cookies anyway??). :)

FYI, I started keeping notes during my oil making. In both of my last 2 batches, I was only recovering about 50% of the oil. ie I put in 1 lb of butter and only recovered ~1/2 lb

I know my issue is how I am removing the oil from the plant matter. My process is slightly different than xlr8's, but we both perform the same step of trying to separate the infused oil from the plant material.

I put mine into a cloth bag and then squeeze out the oil. My problem was the way I was squeezing the bag. It was not getting good pressure. I've built a little press/jig for my next batch, but it won't be for awhile.

I guess my point is that the 3/4 cup vs 1 cup thing will depend on how effective you are at separating the oil at the end.

Re: Xlr8's Magic Brownies - Step by Step... with Pictures!

Dear Xlr8 -

This is one EXCELLENT article - thanx for putting your dedication into my kitchen!

I first made brownies in 2003 by simply tossing some manicuring leftovers (from my own back-yard grow) into a coffee grinder & straight into my brownie mix. Then I remembered my eldest sis used to add instant coffee to her Devil's Food cakes & brownies.

Now, after learning of coconut oil extraction, I customize my Brownies thusly: 1 heaped Tablespoon of fine-grind coffee and another of grated 80 or 90% chocolate for the richest taste in the Universe!

Hey guys & gals - loss of product while straining coconut oil or butter extraction IS NOT a problem - simply squeeze firmly, and then toss your remains in a pot with enuff water to cover your junk, heat to simmer and remove from heat - let cool, then chill in frig - plant matter stays in the water - clean oil/butter solidifies on top - SO SIMPLE! *** I have done this MANY MUCHOS batches of wunnerful stuff!

Y'all gotta see how WOW this wurks!

Hey guys & gals - loss of product while straining coconut oil or butter extraction IS NOT a problem - simply squeeze firmly, and then toss your remains in a pot with enuff water to cover your junk, heat to simmer and remove from heat - let cool, then chill in frig - plant matter stays in the water - clean oil/butter solidifies on top - SO SIMPLE! *** I have done this MANY MUCHOS batches of wunnerful stuff!

Y'all gotta see how WOW this wurks!

Great tip krusht2 - thank you for sharing!! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom