Yellowing leaves out of knowhere late veg

phatnugz420

The plants are approximately 62 days old today and just last week they were beautiful and lush, now as the days go on I'm noticing a lot more yellow leaves coming out of nowhere. My current set up is grown in

3 gal fabric pot
Coco loco soil
Watered with grow big nutrients once every week

20201220_110236.jpg

20201220_110220.jpg

The plants are approximately 62 days old today and just last week they were beautiful and lush, now as the days go on I'm noticing a lot more yellow leaves coming out of nowhere. My current set up is grown in

3 gal fabric pot
Coco loco soil
Watered with grow big nutrients once every week

20201220_110236.jpg

20201220_110220.jpg
What can I do to fix this

Thank you, yeah it's just been along the bottom of the plants and I wanted to maximize the space I had I was going to transfer pots but ended up not having the funds, I plan to flip to flower in about 3 weeks

Thank you, yeah it's just been along the bottom of the plants and I wanted to maximize the space I had I was going to transfer pots but ended up not having the funds, I plan to flip to flower in about 3 weeks
Count on double the size after flip.

Those look like fabric pots, are they? I was in agreeance with previous thought, too long in pot. 62 days is a touch long in a 3 gal pot. Plants could start experiencing root bound symptoms at about that point. 1 gal soil / 1 month growth. Since your pots appear to be fabric, root bound should not be a symptom you should be concerned with. Fabric pots help "air prune" our plant's roots keeping those symptoms at bay.

You say you're in Coco? I do not grow in Coco but i have read posts from members who do and most say 2 things. Coco requires a lower pH than soil. They will adjust their water and or nutrient mixture to 5.5-5.8. You have ran your plants for 62 days with no issues. So perhaps that's not it.

I also see members recommend coco growers to feed a little every day rather than once a week.

From my understanding, coco drains quickly which allows them to water this way compared to soil.

Coco also has the highest cation exchange, which means plants feed faster in coco. So your plants are still growing roots and they are probably depleting the nutrients quicker than you put them back.

Yellowing appearing at the bottom and progressing to the top is a lack of nitrogen. Yellow leaves appear at the bottom while new growth remains green and vibrant.

Someone mentioned up-potting before flipping. That may be advantageous for you given feeding issues. Wait a touch after transplanting to flip.

Coco Loco. It’s some sort of ‘coco soil’ concoction if I remember right.

You don’t necessarily ‘need’ to up-pot. Your plants won’t die from having squashed feet. You can still get to harvest in an undersized pot, especially with coco. (Not sure about coco loco) But it’s limiting and they do tend to yellow up more especially in the lower growth. Looking at the pics, and given that you’re facing this issue and not even started flowering yet, you probably really want to think about larger pots.

Back
Top Bottom