PPM for last week of coco grow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupert

Do you stop giving nutrients toward the end of a grow? Do you give pure water for several days before harvest, or continue to feed? I know this is the subject of some debate. I'm just wondering if coco growers tend to lean one way or the other on the matter of pre-harvest flushing.

I would suggest a flush using water only @ 4 time the amount of water/size of container. One gallon container, 4 gallons of flush.
Then begin your daily watering with just plain dechlorinated water.

GR

I would suggest a flush using water only @ 4 time the amount of water/size of container. One gallon container, 4 gallons of flush.
Then begin your daily watering with just plain dechlorinated water.

GR

Thanks. That's approximately what I've been doing, though with a slightly more gradual approach. I've been walking the PPM down by giving low PPM water (about 60 PPM at this point) and pumping a gallon or two from my outer buckets (runoff/reserve) after watering. The PPM of my runoff is down to about 190, and falling.

I've probably only dumped a total of 10 gallons per plant during the entire grow. My runoff PPM was around 400 - 550 for the entire grow. I fed at about 375-400 on average, and that includes the 175 in my tap water. I switched to distilled water to finish and get PPMs down lower. Next time I may skip the distilled water and just give tap water for the last 14-16 days and make no other changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom