Pete's White Widow - Blackberry - Bubblelicious Grow

piperpete

I guess the first thing I should start off with, is this is my first grow. It was actually bunch of seeds that I was just testing with, just prior to putting in a batch that I was going to grow all the way through. Well, that second batch all died, and the test batch survived, and I think going strong. I stopped that journal, and figured I would post this one. I have been keeping this on my computer, so I am just going to copy and paste for now, if that's ok.

Here are the past notes on this grow.

12/15/2013 6:00 PM

Getting ready to start a test batch. I just want to make sure I can germinate seeds. I might use them to test the other things I'll need to do, just prior to doing it to the batch of plants that I will try to grow. Anyway, here are the basic parameters.

• Number of grows under my belt: 0
• Seeds
○ 2x Seeds from BuyDutchSeeds.com
○ 2x Bubblelicious
○ 2x White Widow
○ 2x Raspberry Cough
○ 2x Blackberry
○ 3x White Rhino
• Soil
○ seedling: 50% CoCo, 50% Light Warrior.
○ 50% CoCo, 25% Roots Organics, 25% Promix.
○ 50% CoCo, 25% Roots Organics, 25% Promix.
• Water
○ H2O run through a SmallBoy to get rid of sediment and Chlorine (has upgraded filter).
○ Nutes
○ General Organics Grow, Bloom, BioWeed and ThriveAlive B-1
○ Every other watering at the most.
○ Currently adding .5ml of pH down to get water to a pH of 6.5.
• Grow Pots
○ Germination: Paper towel with spring water, in a zip lock bag, between two plates, in a warm place (on a seedling warming mat).
○ Seedling: 4" shallow square pot
○ Veg: 1 gallon round pot.
○ Flower: 3 gallon round pot.
• Grow Room
○ Tent, 4x2 for germination/seedling/vegetation.
○ Tent 4x3 for Flower.
○ Tents are locked in a 10' x 7' room.
• Lighting
○ 2x T5 Stick CFLs for germination and seedling.
○ 4 Tube, 4 Foot Fluorescent for Vegetation.
○ 600 Watt HPS for Flowering.
○ Going with 24/7 light for Veg under Fluorescents.
○ Planning to go 12/12 for flower under HPS.
• HVAC
○ 1500 Watt Oil filled radiator style space heater.
○ CVS Warm Steam Vaporizer
○ 2x 6" Oscillating Fans.
• Current Operating Environment
• Veg: 74.5F - 76.5F, 55-60% rH.
• Flower: 75-76.5F, 45-50% rH.

Re: Pete's White Widow, Blackberry, Bubblelicious Grow.

12/26/2013 11:02 PM

Back from Christmas vacation, so time to get this rolling. I put the seeds in for germination. All of them are feminized seeds, except the White Rhino, which are traditional seeds. I did this mix because I wanted to produce a decent variety quickly and dependably, but I also wanted to see if I could get a mother going, or at least learn by failing.

I used the traditional wet paper towel in a sandwich bag. It is close to a heater, and also has a seedling pad underneath it. This seems to be keeping the plates warm. I have the seeds in the bags, between two plates.

One thing to note. The more I fuck with the environment, the more unstable it becomes over the long run. In other words, if I make one tiny change, and then change it back instantly, it will take the exhaust, heater, and humidifier a couple of hours to get the room back to being stable. Opening the door to go in and out of the room also triggers the same sort of effect. Massive spikes in the house HVAC seems to be doing the same. Looking into this more.

Germy check at 7am. I understand that the tap root won't pop out this quickly, however per the process, I am opening the bag every 12 hours to let fresh air in. Also to say "Hi".

One of the things I have read is that B-1 is good for plants just about any time. Decided to add some to the spray bottle water.

Need to think about redundancy. If the controller software goes down, or the computer it is running on, then the programming stops. I've noted some instability in the software. Could be a big problem. Maybe consider going low tech. That would be boring, but maybe have it as a backup.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/28/2013 9:03 AM

I've been checking the seeds every 12 hours. The Bubblelicious and White Widow seeds have all sprouted their tap root. They are at least 1/4 inch, so I am planting them.

Basic method for planting will be 75% Coco, 25% Light Warrior for soil. Water will be filtered, 190ppm, 6.0pH, 1.5ml Root Boost, 1.5ml B-1. I'm filling the containers up to the inside rim with the soil. I'll have to get the exact size of these containers to be more descriptive. For water, I'm going with 4 oz. to start. I'm putting them in a dome type setup, to keep the humidity up, and water in. Need to figure out how long before I should take them out of the dome and let them sit free blowing in the breeze.

Used a pen to poke hole in soil. Not important, just know that it’s a good 1/4 - 1/2 inch under the dirt. Next time, I'm going to try putting the germinated seed right on the dirt, and then add half inch on top of it. Getting the seed in the hole, root down, is a pain in the ass.

All other seeds are still brewing, no root or signs of opening up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/28/2013 3:36 PM

When I checked the seeds this morning, I noted a few of them had cracked opened, looking like they were getting ready. That being the case, I didn't want to wait the full 12 hours for the next check. I just checked now, and two more of seeds have sprouted, two of the White Rhinos. Both were planted using the same soil and water as the first 4 plants. However, I added 5 oz of water, as it seemed dry inside the dome. I also added 1 oz. to each of the existing plants to keep them all consistent.

I've settled on the fact that I will need two tents; One for veg and one for flower. I might even need a third for germinating/seedlings. I put the humidifier and heater in the tent, in opposite corners. This allows me to control both temperature and humidity inside the tent, 24x7. Going this approach because the area outside the gets down in the low 50s if not heated. More problematic is the humidity, which drops down into the low 20s. I've even seen it at 13% at one point. Setting things up the way I have them now will allow me to keep both temperature and humidity where I want them. As far as I can tell, the ideal numbers are:

Vegetative:

Temperature = 75F
Humidity = 60%

Flower

Temperature = 76F
Humidity = 50%

With this setup, I can get it to over, within +/- range of 1 degree, or 2%. Will continue to test. However, at least I have this, which is better than letting it get super cold, worse yet, extremely low humidity.

The third Rhino looks like it is opening up.

12/29/2013 9:08 AM

The third Rhino has its tap root out. I put it in soil like the others, same soil and water.

Appears that I don't have enough space for all 11 seeds I germinated. The tray I have fits 10 of the containers I have. Will think about that some. I planted as many seeds as I did, thinking I won't get all 11 to germinate. I figure if I get half of them to, I'll be happy. Remember, all but the three White Rhinos are Feminized, so I should at least get them to go all the way. My hope is to get one, maybe two, of the Rhinos to pop feminine. I'm going to practice of them, cloning and mothering, etc. I'd like to get a mother going the second batch, which the reason for the testing with the Rhinos.

I doubt all of them will pop, so we'll see once we get to that point.

The Blackberry seeds look like they are about to sprout. Sprayed some water on them (with the B-1/Root Boost). Again, keeping all of this in the spreadsheet.

12/29/2013 1:46 PM

Both of the Blackberry seeds have 1/4 inch roots popping. Planted them in soil with water, same as the others.

Sprayed remaining seeds with water (with B-1/Root Boost). This seems to make them pop quicker. This may be me, I'll test more thoroughly next time. As is, I have 2 seeds popping their roots at 36 hours or so, the rest following at 48+. It would be interesting to see if the B-1 helps any. I could see this happening, if the seed absorbs the B-1 and small amounts of nitrogen that are in the water, once the seed shell crack opens a little. Who knows, but it's fun to try.

This leaves the two Raspberry Cough seeds as the two left. I'll let them sit, checking every 12 hours.

12/30/2013 7:29 AM

Checked the two remaining seeds. Still no root is coming out, but one of them looks like it is cracked, and a tiny protrusion coming out. Hoping it pops. I'm going to check early afternoon, just in case.

I assigned names and pot numbers to each of the plants. Yes, I know its early, given I don't even know that they are all female. However, I want to keep track of every little detail at this point, and find it's easier to do when the plants are referred to in my head as names instead of pot numbers. I put this in the Tracker (spreadsheet).

On another note, I've decided there is no way I can use the tent for flower and the room it is in for veg. While I can regulate the temp/humidity in the tent just fine, I can't do it well in the room the tent is in. The tent is 4x3. The room it is in, is 12x10. Trying to keep the environment stable in the room is challenging. Sure, I figured out how to do it, but the heater and humidifier have to run nonstop. In the tent, I can keep things stable, and things come on for a few minutes, then stay off for a while, since heat/humidity is retained inside the tent much longer than in the room. These means much cheaper and efficient.

I just bought a new tent. I found it with good reviews, and it was $80. Again, not looking for another flower tent that has to be completely dark. All I need is something that can keep air in, to some extent. This means I need a new electric hookup for that tent, sort of. I already needed the electric capacity, I'll just need to add a power strip and hook it up to the monitoring. I'll discuss monitoring later.

With regards to having so many different plants. I know I need to pair it down. I think I need to get it down to 6 that will be going into Flower. The ultimate goal is to roll a mother out of one of the Rhinos. If so, it will stay in Veg. Need to decide which of the others I want to go all the way with. As already known, choices are:

2x Bubblelicious
2x White Widow
2x Raspberry Cough
2x Blackberry

There are a few other points to note when making the decision. The Ice and Blackberry are both meant for Mediterranean climates. That’s closest to what I have going for environment, so I am thinking if these go female and are healthy, then I need to have at least one of each. Each option will have this.

The Blackberry is compact. May need to manage that a little.

The Bubblelicious and Raspberry Cough are listed as cool climate. Not sure what to say about that, too different from the others, so these will likely be "throw them in and see what happens".

Rhino and White Widow say Dry and Sunny respectively. I'm going to guess this means beween 40 - 50% rH, which is ok I guess, but not great. That makes this the second choice. Since Rhino is already first choice overall, Widow becomes a solid second.

Again, all of the Rhinos need to go in, just in case they are females, and I can make a mother out of one of them. I believe this is the order in which I prefer to select them. Just need to work on how many of each if I wind up with two females that are healthy, and are the same strain.

• White Rhino
• Blackberry
• White Widow
• Bubblelicious
• Raspberry Cough

Based on compatibility with the environment, and survivability, it looks like that is the pecking order. However, I might be tempted to ditch the Rhinos and go with the Coughs if they pop soon, and look like they are coming out.

I have also been wondering when I should take them out of the dome. I've been told by some that they should stay in there for 2-3 weeks. I've also been told to take them out shortly after they break and come through the dirt. The logic on the second suggestion makes since. Its probably 80% humidity in the dome. How would they breath if it is that high? I understand doing it when they are under the dirt, given they have no light to do photosynthesis. However, once they hit light, I would think they would need to breath. Also, sound like having a fan blowing on them to move the stem makes for stronger roots. Think I will begin pulling them out of the dome, once they hit an inch or so.

12/30/2013 10:30 AM

Noted that Lexi and Sam have popped above the soil.

12/30/2013 3:28 PM

Noted that Giselle has also broken through the soil.

Decided to take Samantha, Lexi, Camila, Isabela, Giselle out of the dome, and place them under the CFLs. There is about 6 inches of space between the lights and the plant. More experienced folks tell me to take them out as soon as the root is above ground. I'll try it this way and then if it doesn't work, I'll know.

Two remaining seeds (Raspberry Cough) look like they are just about ready to pop. They already have cracked open, and are showing white. I'll check again before bedtime. Instead of getting two more pots the same size as the rest (4" shallow squares), I figured I go straight to the veg size. I' wondering how much of a difference it makes. This will tell.

Going to need to fill humidifier sooner rather than later. What's the plan for water? Refresh all of it or just a bit as I may go with RO.
Need fan and filter for veg tent.

12/30/2013 5:57 PM

I was just looking at some data. Seems the pre-soak didn't do much, as the one pot that I pre-soaked had the stem come out at the same time as the two of the same strain that had the same treatment otherwise. I'll try it again, maybe a few more times, just to see if the pre-soak method is true or false.

Also noted, I should be more aware of the temperature of the water when I add it to the plants. I think when I germinated them, and then put them in soil, the water was probably 65F or so. I've been reading in multiple places that it should be closer to the temperature of the environment they should grow in. In other words, the water should be the same temp as the air in the room the plants will grow. I figured I will leave the next two jugs I cook, in the tent so they stay as warm as everything else.

12/31/2013 7:45 AM

Carla is above the soil. Moved her out of the dome and onto the rack with the others. No sign at all, from the other plants in the dome.

12/31/2013 8:14 PM

Carla had something on top of her that looked like dirt. I started feeling that I pulled her too soon, so I put her back in the dome. I then realized that it’s the seed shell that is still attached to the leaves. Instead of trying to fool it, I opted to let mother nature take its course and deal with the shell. It will either fall off, or kill the leaves I guess. Not sure, but we shall see. Everything I see on the internet tells me it will fall off on its own.

Lots of debate on this in the dome, out of the dome question. I have 5 of the plants out of the dome at this point and they are growing. They look fine too. The crowd that is telling me to take them out of the dome right after they sprout has much more experience, so I think for this batch I'll follow that advice and take them out. I'll see how it goes with the ones that are already out.

Anyway, here is the list of stuff I need to figure out, with regards to the tech side of this:

Redundancy for Controller.
Maintenance window for reboots and patching.
Figure out how to make mondgod.exe a service.

12/31/2013 1:22 AM

Decided to do a reboot on the controller. Here is what I have for a process:

• Close all apps on Controller server.
• Reboot Server
• Login
• Start Controller service.
• Power off mports and power them back on.
• Check for status.

1/1/2014 12:45 AM

I haven't taken any pictures as of yet, so I figured I would and then put them in the here.

WP_20140101_004.jpg

WP_20140101_003.jpg

WP_20140101_002.jpg

WP_20140101_001.jpg

1/1/2014 11:45 AM

Leaving for a few days. Not sure how the tent will fair.

Mixed up a new batch of water. The difference this time is that I have doubled the B1 and the Root Boost. I've also added CalMag. Check the tracker for exact measurements.

1/4/2014 6:53 AM

Well, I wasn't away for more than 6 hours or so, and I started receiving alerts that something was wrong with the power strips. When I got home yesterday, at around 2pm, I found that the humidifier had been running nonstop. There was condensation on the walls, and the room temp was around 48F. Massive FAIL.

Not sure what caused the power strips to fail, but will obviously look into it. More on that later.

I got everything back up and running, and the tent is back to running a plant Day/Night schedule. I'm hoping that it won't hurt them, since they are seedlings at this point. I'll ask around and see what people think.

In terms of progress, there actually has been some.

Gisselle, Lexi and Samantha have all sprouted up to about 4 inches. The next closest plant is about 1.5 inches shorter. These three are the White Rhinos. Unlike the other seeds in the mix, the Rhinos are all normal seeds, not feminized. Maybe that’s why they are running ahead so quickly. Not sure.

As for the others, they are looking green on the leaves, and a light green on the stems. Looks normal from the pictures that I have seen. Camila and Isabella are looking ok. Carla and Valentina look a bit small, and pathetic. They have barely grown at all. I’m wondering if these two came out of the dome too soon.

There are still 4 left in the Dome. These still show no signs of life. I'm wondering if these died during the failure. The soil temp would have dropped very low, and these were just out of the seed. I'll let them go a few more days and see what happens.

Should consider scrapping the entire batch and starting over again. I think between mixing as many strains I have, and going on vacation right at the beginning, may be causing some of these obstacles.

Lastly, need to figure out how to get this as easy as possible from a day to day ops point of view. Figure out what it would take to get the system running on traditional timers.

Pictures of the plants that are alive for sure.

WP_20140104_001.jpg

1/5/2014 5:02 PM

Right now I am fighting the urge to scrap this grow and start over. Just about all of the plants look odd in one way or another. I'm going to let them go, and see what happens. It could just be that I am too new to this to know what to look for, and I'm betting that is the case.

1/6/2014 2:40 PM

Still no sign of life from the 4 plants that are still in the dome. The others are sprouting up nicely. Maybe a bit spindly, but for sure coming along.

WP_20140106_002.jpg

WP_20140106_001.jpg

1/9/2014

Pic of the seedlings coming up. They look better today.

1/9/2014

Pic of the seedlings coming up. They look better today.

WP_20140109_0031.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/18/2014 11:37 AM

Note, I had been keeping notes in a notebook for the past couple of weeks, as getting to the computer wasn't convenient. The notebook was destroyed, so I've lost those notes.

In terms of status, below is a chart that shows where the remaining plants stand. As a recap, seven out of the original 11 seeds have survived. I'm not sure if the four that didn't make it were expected, or if it was because of the power issue over New Years. The cart shows what is left.

plant_table_20140118.JPG

1/21/2014 5:55 AM

Sam has three leaves on the bottom that are dying. Not sure what's up with them, and I'm not finding anything on the internet. This all started before the transplant, I just didn't document it well. This is my first journal, so I'll need to learn what level of detail could be relevant later.

Carla looks pretty good in general. She has one leaf that looks like it is on its way out, but that has always been there. Keeping an eye on it. Shouldn't need water until tomorrow.

Gisselle's bottom leaves are still yellowing. The rest look fine, so I am going to let it go. At this point, I think it might be normal for the original leaves to start dying.

Valentina has no change. Wondering if its ok what she is so low to the soil and compact. She is growing at a much slower rate than the others. Not by a small amount either. Not really sure what to do. She look healthy I guess, except for her size.

Isabella has no change.

Lexi is starting to get the same sort of brown spots that Sam has. This may be natural and part of the strain, need to research it more.

Camila, no change.

Pictures of the girls a less than a day after transplant.

12439.jpg

1/23/2014 10:47 PM

Carla needed water. Added 16oz.

The three Rhinos are all looking like males. They are much taller than the other seeds, and the amount of space between the nodes is much more pronounced than the others. I guess we will see, but its not looking good.

On another note, I have been using a liquid pH test kit. Its rough, and some say it does the job, but it is annoying. I'd like to know what the exact number is that I am at. I bought a Milwaukee PH55. It was $60. It seems to work so far. What I have learned is that the water I have been using is roughly 6.5 to 6.6. I think that’s good.

1/24/2014 6:28 PM

Now that I am getting ready for flower in the next week or two, I'm starting to wonder how I am going to fit everything into the tent. Here is what I have, no including the plants:

• Hot Steam Humidifier
• Cold Mist Humidifier
• Heater
• Whatever water I need to keep warm.
• 2 Fans.

I'll need something that I can put as a platform, with the heater and humidifiers under it. That way I can put the plants on the platform, and all the other stuff will be out of the way. I'll have to put some thought into what I can use.

The piece of junk PH55 that I bought broke. Not even two days! Anyway, I'll return it, but for now I am going to try the cheaper PH600. I picked one up online for $13. You have to calibrate it, but it is far easier to calibrate than the other one. They all seem to need to be stored in some kind of solution, to keep the tips of the sensor wet. If I want to spend $300, I can get one that you don't have to. Yeah right, screw that. I'll stick with the $13 model, and just buy another one if this one breaks. Having one is a must. It's nice to know you aren't going to give your plants water that can kill them off in a day or two, or worse, make them sick and have you screwing around with them for the next several weeks. It's good to know what you are putting in. It's also useful for measuring the PH of what comes out. This is important because you can get an idea of what the PH of your soil is by measuring the pH of the water you put in, and then collect the water that runs out of the bottom of the pot, and measure the pH of that as well. This is important, because it’s the pH of the soil that is most important, not necessarily the water.

1/26/2014 7:03 AM

It has occurred to me that the plants are in a 1 gallon pot and need to be in a 3 gallon pot before they go into flower. I also understand that I'll want to let them heal after the transplant for 10 days or so before putting them into flour. I'll get on this.

Figure I will transplant Carla first. I am going to use the exact same method that I did last time. The only diference is I will be going from a 1 gallon round to a 3 gallon round pot.

The three White Rhinos are looking like males more and more every day. They are ready for flower. I am considering just throwing them into flour and sex them, see what happens. If they turn out to be girls, I'll pull them back to veg and let them grow some more, and transplant them. We will have to see.

1/26/2014 6:10 PM

Carla has been transplanted to 3 gallon. She looks good, but I guess I wouldn't know for a few days, if I screwed something up.

1/29/2014 7:53 AM

Transplanted Camila, Isabella and Valentina into 3 gallon pots.

I guess I should note, there is a spreadsheet that I am entering all of the amounts into, as in how much water and soil mixes, etc. Refer to that for specifics like amounts.

1/30/2014 6:10 PM

The plants that were transplanted are growing fine, except for Valentina. I am wondering if she has transplant shock or something. The others have gained 1.5 inches or more, she is exactly the same size that she was when she was transplanted. Once again, I'll keep an eye on her, but not really sure there is much I can do.

1/31/2014 9:36 AM

Pictures of the girls (and guys).

First of is of the White Widow (Carla) and the three White Rhinos. The Rhinos are beginning to look like mails to me.

Second picture is of the two Bubblelicious and the Blackberry.

WP_20140131_001.jpg

WP_20140131_004.jpg

2/2/2014 6:15 PM

I think I am ready to go into the flower tent. Carla is ready, and she had always been the first to do things (guinea pig). So, it's only fitting. In the flower tent she goes.

Also fed Carla, she needed it, and I didn't want to wait longer given she is new in the flower tent.

WP_20140202_012.jpg

2/4/2014 6:10 PM

Confirmed that Lexi, Sam, and Giselle are male plants. Terminating them.

2/6/2014 6:15 PM

Checked on Carla in the flower tent. So far, the environment is coming along great. The testing I did prior to going flower, paid off. The temp, humidity, and exhaust are all working perfectly together, as is the HPS. I can't wait to see how much this actually is costing. I'll be able to tell right down to the penny. See the Environmental section for details on this.

Carla did need water, so I gave her gallon of water, with a half nutrient feed, or "Light Feed". Now that I've thought it through, I should have given her nutes when I fed her the day she went into flower. This would have given her the phosphorous she needs, instead of he getting them just now. Anyway, now I know.

Camila and Valentina are ready for flower, so I put them in. I gave them straight water. I know I said I was going to give a full nute going forward, when plants get put into flower, however I think I need to understand the relationship between nutrients in soil and the nutrients that are being put in via the water feeding. I don't think I should be giving them nutrients so willy nilly, when they have recently been transplanted to a fresh pot with fresh soil, i.e. fresh nutrients that come with the fresh soil. I'll have to figure that out, but not right now.

In a nutshell, Carla, Camilla and Valentina are now in Flower. Let's see what they can do.

2/7/2014 5:15 AM

Confirmed that Carla, Camilla and Valentina are all Females. While this isn't a surprise, given they were feminized seeds, I wanted to be sure just in case I stressed them and they went hermaphrodite.

2/8/2014 9:08 PM

Put Valentina into flower. Couldn't wait any longer, and she did start to grow a bit, albeit not much. All of the survivors in this batch are now in Flower.

WP_20140208_006.jpg

2/9/2014 6:20 PM

Carla is looking great. Her leaves are getting larger and larger as the days go on. Right now, she has leaves that are larger than my hand. Its amazing how much she has grown. I'm wondering though, how these big leaves will allow light through to the flowers. I'll read up on that. She is looking very good indeed.

Valentina is actually growing a bit, and looking better. I'm still not holding out much hope for her, but she is growing leaves out to the sides of the 3 gallon. Prior, all of her stems were in close to the main stem. Now, they are out over the edge of the pot.

Camilla, while looking good from a form and shape point of view, is starting to worry me due to her color. She is lighter green than I would like.

Isabella looks good. She is the same strain as Camilla, so I will keep an eye on her and see if she starts having the same color issues as Camilla.

2/25/2014 7:30 PM

A quick picture of the girls as an update. Haven't had time to enter much due to work schedule.

IMG_174214.JPG

3/2/2014 8:32 PM

Just fed the Alpha batch. I have been paying a bit of attention to the way that the nutes and pH in the water affect the same in the soil. When I fed them tonight, I measured the pH and soluable salts in the water before putting it into the plant. I also collected the first couple of ounces and then tested that as well. Below are the values.

Camilla
In: 6.6ph, 279ppm
Out: 6.3ph, 770ppm

Isabela - Full feed.
In: 6.6ph, 249ppm
Out: 6.4ph, 112 pm

Carla - Full Feed
In: 7.0, 289 ppm
Out: 6.5ph, 808ppm

Valentina - Full Feed
In: 6.7ph, 232ppm
out: 6.4ph, 830ppm

I think there is a way to calculate roughly what is in the soil. I'll have to research that a bit. However, the striking thing is the numbers for Isabella. While pH is fine, ppm seems to be strikingly low. That is lower than the ppm in tap water (172ppm). I'm going to need to ask around on that, seems like it would be a pretty big issue.

Again, I'll look into it.

Very nice documentation and posts of your progress, well organized. One thing I don't think you mentioned was the breeders of these strains, could they be from Nirvana? Anyway I'm subscribed :goodluck:

3/3/2014 10:00 AM

Now that I have time, I'll start posting more frequently, and posting more pics!

I had time last night after I made an entry, so here are some pictures of the girls.

This is a pic of the Bubblelicious that wasn't topped.
IMG_191113.JPG

This is a pic of the Blackberry. Yes, its small and weird, not sure if its going to make it.
IMG_191311.JPG

Pic of all 4 of the plants together.
WP_20140301_002.jpg

This is the pic of the Bubblelicious that was topped, once.
WP_20140301_004.jpg

There, all caught up. Hoping you guys don't mind me blasting through, copy and pasting like that. Its just that I didn't intend to actually grow this batch. My intent was to use it for practice and testing. Turns out I can grow better Pot when I'm not trying to. When I actually tried to, I killed the batch. Oh well, I learned some good lessons from that batch, and now have 3 going at the same time (I'll put those in journal tracker as well).

Anyway, I'm not sure if these plants look great, good, or shitty. I've never seen plants in person before, so I'm hoping I am doing it correctly. I read just about every damn post on this forum and recorded all the lessons learned, so if I'm doing any thing correctly, that's why.

I'll post some new pictures tonight, outside of the tent so that they are clearer (the HPS makes the pics look like crap).

Very nice documentation and posts of your progress, well organized. One thing I don't think you mentioned was the breeders of these strains, could they be from Nirvana? Anyway I'm subscribed :goodluck:

Thanks!

I just edited the original post and added the Breeder. I ordered the seeds on from BuyDutchSeeds.com on 10/28/2013 and received them on 11/6/2013. I live in Massachussettes, USA, so I was happy that they arrived safely in 10 days, no issues.

Here is a pic of the Temperature and Humidity profile in the Flower tent, the Veg Tent, as well as the room the two tents are secured in.

20140303_1044.JPG

I've been reading that you can test the run-off when watering a plant, to get an idea of pH and PPM. I did so last feeding, hoping someone can help me understand the numbers. I'm wondering if the PPM values and pH look normal, compared to the feed going in.

Camilla
In: 6.6ph, 279ppm
Out: 6.3ph, 770ppm

Isabela - Full feed.
In: 6.6ph, 249ppm
Out: 6.4ph, 112 pm

Carla - Full Feed
In: 7.0, 289 ppm
Out: 6.5ph, 808ppm

Valentina - Full Feed
In: 6.7ph, 232ppm
out: 6.4ph, 830ppm