68 days from seed Royal Queen Seeds - Royal Haze Automatic

Cretan Cola

Hi everyone

This is my 1st grow so i ll try to be right to the point, i had a couple of major setbacks for a newbbie and i could use some extra input. I have finished this grow so i will provide as much info as possible about the strain

I bought a 5 seed pack from Royal Queen Seeds of the Royal Haze Automatic strain which is amnesia haze crossed with skunk and ruderalis. Its suppose to be a 10 to 12 week grow but mine finished kinda early.

I used 400 HPS Phillips Master Son T Agro from seed to harvest in a 20 lt pot with Biobizz light mix and Biobizz nutes, Bloom, Grow and Top Max. The major issue i had with this grow was the fact that i miscalculated the lamp's height so i mounted it a metre over the minimum distance, i remounted to the right position but that was a month later costing me a lot of veg growth. I kinda learned the hard way how important is time for an autoflower even from day 1.

Lightcycle from seed to harvest was 18/6

The plan was to grow two seeds from this strain but unfortunately the 2nd was either male or hermied from the 2nd week (is that even possible?!)

Germinated on 30th of December in paper towels with bottled water in a resealable bag placed on my radiator over a t shirt.

Medium prep on 1st watering was one litre ph'd water at 6.5 on each pot.

Week 1 (02-01-14)

First pic is the female second is the one that either turned hermie or was a male. Just ph'd water for both plants at 6.5 and watered around 2 litres for each pot

Week 1 (06-01-14)

Still both look normal here, didnt water.

Week 2 (11-01-14)

When i checked them that week i found them both on the ground with their main stem weak and unable to stand, later i found that the reason for that was the wrong lamp setting i had from start which was a meter over the minimum distance. I think that strained both plants to the max. Also the leaf color on the 2nd pic (male) started changing to lime green (?!) Watered 2 lt for each pot plain water ph'd at 6.5

Week 3 (19-01-14)

First two pics are the female, next two is the male, check the color change from one plant to the other. Still cant figure if that was because of the wrong light setup or just a crappy seed.
Watered 2.5 lt for each plant just ph'd water.

Week 4 (25-01-14)

Sex finally was identified on both plants so after that i ditched the male plant, 1st is the female, lime green is the male. Also i corrected the lamp height to the right position. Unfortunately it was already too late.
Watered 2.5 lt and started a mild nute solution using Biobizz Biogrow for the female.

Week 5 (02-02-14)

Obviously the plant had lost a lot of healthy veg time due to the wrong lamp height, it looks so small for a month old. I also started training it with kebab sticks (lol) for better light penetration. Watered 3 lt of ph'd water with a minor dose of Biogrow.

Week 6 (08-02-14)

First week of flowering started, theres a mild nute burn on the top shouts. Watered 3 lt of water ph'd with no nutes.

Week 7 (15-02-14)

Buds started to form with long pistils and smell is quite strong. Watered 3 lt ph'd with Biobloom nutes.

Week 8 (22-02-14)

Still have it trained for those small buds to get light, but it seemed that made things worst for proper bud development. Watered 4 lt of ph'd water with no nutes at all.

Week 9 (28-02-14)

Buds still grow awfully slowlly and it looks that harvest time is pretty close. Watered 6 lt this time with biobloom and some of that stimulant from biobizz Top Max.

Week 10 (07-03-14) Harvest

Watered the day before harvest for a minor flush even thought it wasnt necessary and probably that will make it dry out even more slowly. Didnt expect to finish at 10 weeks to be honest but hey all good, the trichomes where milky and couldnt afford an other week because i dint want it too strong. Anyway as you can see the yield wasnt much either. Havent weighted it because its still drying out.

Smoke report cant really tell but i ll get back to you on that next week when i ll have it cured.

Any info would be greatly appreciated :peace:

you could take a photo period plant from seed to harvest in 12 weeks, that is what I don't get about autos what is the point for such reduced yeilds?

I know this is a while back but hopefully someone will still be able to read this..... dont look at his yields it was his first grow,autos are wonderful if you research and grow them cirrectly. I got 5 zips off an auto in 60 days sprout to chop. And its all documented here on 420..... and that plant is currently in the pom contest (in the lead) as well...... so do your home work and grow some autos. If there dialed in you wont regret it

20150227_140710-1.jpg
20150227_140545.jpg
20150227_140106-1.jpg
20150225_143507-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom