Question about amount of pots/m2 with autoflowering strain

Kyriakos

I am thinking of growing an autoflowering strain in a space that is 1,25m x 1,25m with one HPS 600w lamp. I would like to know if it would be possible to have 16 pots a 18 litre on this area and fulfil a good grow. Any help on this matter is appreciated.

I have run 2 gallon pots (about 7 liters) I find that the strain starts to flower when the roots hit bedrock or the bottom of the pot. I'm almost finished with a delicious cheese strain, auto. About 1-1.5 oz plant. No issues with the exception I FIM it 2 days before it started to flower not realizing it and formed a double main cola. Anyway 7 litre pots aren't bad cause they are about 6 inches wide. So you could probable fit 36ish in that space

You should be able to fit 16 nicely in there, don't know how much of a hassle it will be to get to each plant though, might be crowded but I guess that's up to you. Since I don't know the rest of your tent specs, hopefully you can handle the heat of the 600W HPS and ventilation well.

Hi Kyriakos! Based on my math and considering that the standard 18-liter pot is 30cmx30cmx30cm, the number of pots (16) the light (600W HPS) and the area (1.25m2) which you propose would be adequate. The area you propose sounds just about right for the 600W HPS. I grow an auto strain w/ a 400W HPS in just under a m2 and am in late flowering right now with 12 x 6-liter pots. I would however off this bit of advice. Two other factors you need to consider re: whether or not the space will be adequate for 16 plants: 1) are you using individual catch trays under each pot or one large catch basin for them all; and 2) is the variety you are growing suitable to the pots all shouldering up (touching) each other? I prefer individual catch trays for my run off water for each pot because this allows me to monitor the waste water from each plant as well as gage when each pot has received adequate water (vs. giving them all the same amount of water and feed all of the time). The individual catch trays add a few centimeters to each plants footprint, however, the plants need space in the canopy - even if they are compact and not branchy you'll need at a minimum the width of the 18-liter pot. Hope this helps. Are you going to start a journal? I'm still new to the community and can't tell if this is a journal or just a thread. good luck with your gro! :slide:

Back
Top Bottom