starting second grow

fattyone50

420 Member
I'm starting my second grow with five clones, I have one reflector two ballasts, and two bulbs, one mh and one hps both 400 watt. My question is do I buy one reflector and veg with both of those bulbs or can I veg with just one

What size tent? Need more info. The more info you give the more help you will get. Quick answer is MH is better for Veg. and HPS for flower. I see no need for both, 1 set up is more than sufficient if done correctly and you will be successful. I have a 4x4 tent with 1000 watt and have been very happy! 400 will still do the trick!

What brand is all that equipment? Need to make sure it is all compatible. Since the bulbs are the same wattage I'd say just swap the bulbs out when the flip to 12/12 happens, only need the 1 reflector assuming the equipment is compatible.

I use a spare bedroom as a grow room. The equipment is sun system x, the ballast that came with it is for MH only, so I bought a new ballast and adapter that will run both bulbs. Will one reflector cover 5 plants

Ok that equipment sounds fine, should work well. Ideally you would want 150W per plant, as it is now you have 400W/5 plants or 80W per plant. Toss in some CFL's if you can for additional lighting. If you fill out this form we can help you with further questions as well:
How many plants? What strains?
How old are they?
Indoor or outdoor?
How big is your area if its indoors and is it well ventilated?
What medium/soil are you using?
Whats the size of the containers?
What's your lighting set up?
What's the temperature and humidity like at any given time?
What's your ph like, both medium and nutes?
Any pests around?
What is your watering schedule like?

For anything else, check out this page and you can find vast amounts of info on growing: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Back
Top Bottom