Drip irrigation - Flooded the grow tent - Is there an easy fix to prevent this?

Foodeefish

I have a 15 gallop reservoir and I was attempting to water my Coco 75%/Coco25% six times a day using drip irrigation.

As it is set up today, the plants will receive 1.5- 2 gallons of nutes everyday in total which will work well- at least I thought.

I went down to check the plants today ( 1st time using the drip irrigation) and I have a flooded tent. It looks as though at least 10 gallons drained into the plant and overflowed into the tent floor.

Is it possible the reservoir just siphoned into the grow tent somehow? The reservoir is actually lower than the plant (sits on the floor outside the tent) so I don't think it could siphon into the tent?
Should I put the reservoir on a shelf so it is higher up than the plant ?

Is there an easy fix?

:Namaste:

If the res is lower than the business end(s) of the irrigation line then it can't physically siphon out that way -uphill. So either the timer was set wrong or else the res isn't actually lower.
You can have your res at a higher level than the plants if you put something in the line called an antisiphon.

Ah Yes. More Facts would help.

I am growing in Fabric Bags (7 Gallon) with 75% coco and 25% Perlite.

It's a "run to waste" system and the reservoir is a Rubbermaid 20 Gallon Tub sitting on the floor. The drip lines go from the resevoir Pumped into the bottom of the tent and up to the 7 Gallon Fabric Pot. I scrogged this plant to fill my 4x4 tent and she currently fills half the tent - shes 4x4x4 right now, so maybe that could explain my 2 gallons per day.

Back
Top Bottom