Thanks for the previous tips but I need a little more help starting to flower! Hair!

drprac

Hello again. Well I fixed my lighting problem. Helped immensely. Figured out the sexing thing. Here's what I have now. Been on 12/12 for couple of weeks.

25199.JPG

I tried LST. I now have a Bonsai with hair.

16766.JPG
19249.JPG

Also have a clone and her mom, but I think they're a different strain due to the difference in structure.

24204.JPG
23242.JPG

Everything's looking good I think. This is my first indoor grow. 40 years ago just stuck some Acapulco Gold seeds in the ground. Things sure have come a long way. These were from seeds of unknown origin. Grown in a soil composition I could probably never replicate. I used MG (just a pinch per gal) I also have used egg shells for calcium. old coffee grounds mixed into the first bit of top soil for nitrogen. I have some epsom salts for Magnesium Sulfate, not sure if I need it or not, nor do I know yet how much to use. Yes I'm wanting Champagne and only have a beer budget. Now I've read about using molasses for reinforcing the soil due to their microbes or what ever. Stupid question... does it improve the taste? May be a little premature but I'be been looking into when to harvest, how to dry, and cure. Like a kid in a candy store, can't wait. I've learned so much sense 7/16

011063.jpg

I've been looking at ventilation, and scrubbing. It may be my imagination but when I open the door I smell the sweet aroma of something special. Also going to have to figure out a covert way to move my girls, and somewhere to put them. On a brighter note I wound up with 2 male plants who are well separated from the girls.

26188.JPG

If I let them go I know that I can use parts of them for hash and such. Will it only produce male seeds? I've read about feminizing seeds, but at this point??? Also can you clone a clone of a clone of a clone? Basically can you clone the same plant forever?

So much to learn, too little dinero!

Re: Thanks for the previous tips but I need a little more help starting to flower! Ha

Looks to me like if you have had it in 12/12 for a few weeks then she hasn't decided to embrace going into flower yet. Kind of looks like a reveg to me. Do you have any light leaks perhaps?

Re: Thanks for the previous tips but I need a little more help starting to flower! Ha

I'm using 5 CFL lamps in there. 4 of them are mounted horizontally and one under a moveable holder, and I'm pretty sure there's no light leakage. They're in a spare bedroom closet, so they're behind two closed doors with the lights out. I did switch the hours by leaving them in the dark for 24. I don't have a timer except the alarm on my phone, but I'm usually within 15 minutes or so on the switch time. Yea the seedlings were definitely searching for light. When I transplanted them I buried them up to the first set of leaves, the little round ones that first appear. That's around the time I started working on more light. This is what I started out with. I have on occasion taken them outside to soak up some sun.
IMG_20160902_005012.jpg

And this is what I have now.

IMG_95033.JPG
IMG_95053.JPG
IMG_95064.JPG

This is literally a $0.00 budget project which started out with 4 seeds and a pot of dirt, and too much time on my hands. I never dreamed it would turn into an obsession. If I'm not on line trying to sift through all the information out there, I'm searching the house and garage for things to better what I already have.

Here's an example: I have an old packing crate in the garage 2x2x4, some old cpu fans, and an old tackle box.
Box holds seeds (I know I'd have better results germinating with wet paper towel). Box holds 4' florescent with 2 bulbs. CPU fan moves air.

IMG_95074.JPG

IMG_95083.JPG

IMG_95094.JPG

Intake filter? CD case some wire mesh and some vent filter material.

IMG_95105.JPG

IMG_95123.JPG

I've got 4 of these fans. Been reading up on ventilation stuff. I think I could build a decent grow box with what I already have. But how many plants can I fit into a 2x2 space? I suppose I could set it up for SOG with some wire fencing I've got out in the garage. LOL the possibilities are endless. Too bad the money isn't. Was thinking of starting a journal. Maybe next grow.

Anyway thanks for the info. Still curious about the molasses thing.

Back
Top Bottom