Unpacking TopLED LG-G04B96LED

jummejum

Hi Guys!

Finally my led panel arrived, i waited for almost a month. Shipping was pretty quick - but the panel was out of stock when i ordered :/

It's a brand new Top LED grow panel
Spectrum of Light - 430~440nm,450~475nm 620~630nm, 650~670nm, and white, Real IR spectrum: 730nm
Output lumen: 14600 (which i'm not quite sure that is right)

IMG_23108.JPG

IMG_23129.JPG

IMG_23135.JPG

IMG_23146.JPG

IMG_231511.JPG

IMG_23169.JPG

Growth
IMG_23183.JPG

IMG_23205.JPG

Bloom
IMG_23197.JPG

IMG_23219.JPG

This is my first LED light - so its hard to compare to other led lights. The only reason why i bought this panel was because of Icemud. I saw he bought the 144x3 model which looks really bright. Then again the price is fair i think.
What i really like about the LED light is that all of the light emitted is pointed downwards, therefore more usable light. THe lower wattage and it runs cool.

On Growth setting 230V - 120w and Bloom 230v - 180W
So i assume the LED's are run on 700mA ?

Minus bout this item is that i think its a bit too China. Meaning, if the diodes last as rated or even more i'm satisfied, since this is, at point still the most expensive part of the lamp. The Fans are not really any good, so i just replaced the two fans with these : Akasa Thermal Solution

Luckily i had two of those laying around, so i thought, Y not? The panel is now VERY quiet in comparison to the "original" fans that came with the panel.

Kudos for making an immediate improvement to your LED panel! Good to know the fans can be easily swapped out for better ones. Also good to know that the original fans are 120's, not little 80mm screamers. I'm guessing that perhaps you know your way around PC's?

Ty! Maybe i should have gotten some pictures to show how. But it's pretty simple; just unscrew all the casing screws. Then gently lift up the top of the panel, unplug two of the LEDpower-plugs. Now you can unscrew the fans, and add in new ones.

I still remember some of the PC tricks :) Feel free to ask for support :)

I should probably start a new thread under "Journals in progress".
But i thought it would be a lot easier, for the light test to keep the grow in same thread.

First of all.
Grow space:
6ft high, 3ft wide and 1ft deep.
Plants:
SeedsOfLide : Kabala (autoflower)
Carolina Reaper (worlds hottest chili)
Medium:
Soil, clay pebbles, sand. (50%,25%,25%)
Size of container: 12ltr

Seeds were put in soil today.

IMG_23382.JPG

IMG_23373.JPG

Weekly Update!

tbh i have nothing to show, because i've been noobing around. Thought i saved some time, by using outdoor soil from last grow. Turned out to be a big fail! Don't repeat me! :( So at this point i need some new fresh soil.

I needed a fan for my room, but it also had to be stealth. no fan sticking out.
So what to do when you're cheap as me??
I took the fan, found a bucket with some old painting, rinsed the bucket and cut the bottom off. then i took a glue gun and glued the painting bucket on to the fan.
fan210.JPG

fan111.JPG

Now i only need to build a carbon filter, and drill a hole somewhere stealth :)

I also made this little propagator out of old tupperware :)
propagator.JPG

G'day jummejum, how high you got your light above plants? I had mine grow 2 sets leaves under 46w cfl then moved under mars2 (same company) and got no growth at 15" 18" 25" 30" I got to 42" and plants loved it, grew 1" a day, A month a 3"plant, got to 42" and 2weeks later had 15" plants, and next time I think I'll start 50" above to see. This mars veg panel I'm using is 190w-200w actual watts, so you should be able to hang yours a little closer, maybe try 25". Anyways best of luck on your grow, hopefully you'll get better help from ice mud or another grower using the reflector series. Peace

G'day jummejum, how high you got your light above plants? I had mine grow 2 sets leaves under 46w cfl then moved under mars2 (same company) and got no growth at 15" 18" 25" 30" I got to 42" and plants loved it, grew 1" a day, A month a 3"plant, got to 42" and 2weeks later had 15" plants, and next time I think I'll start 50" above to see. This mars veg panel I'm using is 190w-200w actual watts, so you should be able to hang yours a little closer, maybe try 25". Anyways best of luck on your grow, hopefully you'll get better help from ice mud or another grower using the reflector series. Peace

I started out with the recommended 2ft above plants, with no luck, then i lowered the light and still no growth. I then raised the light to 34' above, and suddenly growth started :) very happy atm

The reduced height is looked at as a benefit of LED lighting. If a plant is getting all of the light it needs at or near the max intensity it can use, it will stay short. If you look closely at your plant you will likely see another branch or two starting to form very low. If you want to increase the height of the plant raise you lights to 24"-36" above the plant depending on the model. With your model I'm guessing that it would be at ~31"

Good stuff man, looks like your've found that sweet spot. Plants will love it there. Looking great, good work. Peace

Back
Top Bottom