Almost had a dangerous encounter

brotherbuddz

I have a secret jardin grow tent DS 90 2.5 it is great and i love it! The only problem with this tent would be the joints, they are made of plastic which is not that good, even though the company claims the plastic joints are coated with a film making it resistant to breakage. I set my tent up last fri(jan.24) and just yesterday i saw a broken piece of the plastic joint on the floor because i was searching for my tools. So i double back to my tent and check all the joints, and can see that the joint known as the handling corner was broken off. The handling corner joint is the one that supports the bar that goes across the roof of the tent which is holding up my cool tube grow light. The part that wraps around the pole at the top, was the part that broke off most likely during the install of the tent. The only reason why the pole did not drop was the fact that it is a tight squeeze and was pressed against the pole. Needless to say I took the bar off and fixed it with crazy glue and some tape, I thank my lucky stars that it did not drop when i was at work on mon and tues. Anyways first grow for me, other than that everything has been a great learning experience so far!!!:thumb:

Oh Btw I'm running a 600 watt HPS

I tell you what - grow tents are only as good as your weakest link. I have one of those too, that I had to reinforce the old fashioned grit n duct tape n gorilla glue way - before I ever put a girl inside.

I deserve it though - who buys a 4 x 4 x 7 tent for 165.00 ????????? ME that's who. Now that I have my own PVC and duct tape covering all the seams (light leaks GALORE from very first time zipped up - due to cheap seams) the tent is operational, but not optimal.

I already know I need another flowering tent but so long as this one holds up it gives me time to find a company who isn't looking to cash in fast and disappear, but actually stick around the industry and build their empire on a good reputation.

Sounds like you and me have had the same experience lol

To be fair though my tent is pretty good with the light blocking and the revision had a mylar lined water tray at the bottom of the tent so that was pretty awesome!

For the price you pay I would say these tents are pretty good, I just cannot justify paying for the premium tents out there like Gorilla, which i really liked and wanted from the get go but the price was out of my range.

One of the reasons I chose my tent was that it was an all metal welded tube construction, even the corners, and it only cost $85 for the 2'x4'x5' size, which was around the same price for other tents with plastic corners.

Hey ColoradoHigh, where did you get that tent and what brand is it? I want to get a small veg tent and that deal seems too good to be true.

It's a - Xen-Lux Super Pro-700 Grow Box (4' x 2' x 5') that I purchased off of eBay - search using this - "Hydroponic Grow Growing Tent Box Room Greenhouse System Mylar 4' x 2' x 5'". Full disclosure - although this tent has performed very well for me and I have no issues with the overall construction, I should note that with lights on I have noticed tiny light leaks from some of the stitch holes and parts of the zipper. I have this grow tent in a closet with wooden folding doors, which is not light tight, and have had no issues with light penetration during flowering. Other than the tiny light leaks, this tent is well made and should last many years with proper care and maintenance.

Taking into account the difference in price between the two, I wouldn't be surprised if the Xen-Lux is quite comparable to a Gorilla Tent although I'm sure the Gorilla Tent would win any direct side-by-side comparison. What I found during my research last summer was that a lot of the better quality tent manufacturer's don't produce a 2' x 4'x 5', Secret Jardin doesn't, Gorrilla Tent doesn't, they are either 2'x3' or 3'x3' or 3'x4' or some other combination or they are too tall. I'd be interested in reading a comparison between these two if you do decide to pull the trigger on the Xen-Lux.

I made the purchase. I got the 2X4 Xen-Lux Tent off of amazon for $88.88. Can't wait til it gets here. I'll probably start a new journal with it and the beans I got from Bonza. I'll put my 4 foot 4 T5 lamp fixture in it. Thanks ColoradoHigh for helping me find that amazing deal! +rep for you :high-five:

Wow that it an amazing deal for a tent! I want it. It'd be neat to compare it to my Gorilla Tent

I made the purchase. I got the 2X4 Xen-Lux Tent off of amazon for $88.88.

So, CH have you had enough time with both tents to compare them to one antoher? I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say on the matter.

I have finished my first grow about two months ago. I grew some trainwreck from greenhouse and it was amazing smoke! Much better than the stuff i get from the streets. I must say that using molasses during flowering really helped the buds pack on the Trichs. I'm about 2 and a half months into my second grow. I have 2 of them for this one Big bang and haiwaiian skunk haze

I have finished my first grow about two months ago. I grew some trainwreck from greenhouse and it was amazing smoke! Much better than the stuff i get from the streets. I must say that using molasses during flowering really helped the buds pack on the Trichs. I'm about 2 and a half months into my second grow. I have 2 of them for this one Big bang and haiwaiian skunk haze
Cool,I'm four weeks in with 5 northern lights aut fem,organic nutes,may check out your molasses method ,I'm new,and in uk,guess I can source I here,how does it come?,check out my pics,they are a week old so there's been more growth since then...
DSCF61801.JPG
DSCF61791.JPG
DSCF61811.JPG
DSCF6177.JPG

I tell you what - grow tents are only as good as your weakest link. I have one of those too, that I had to reinforce the old fashioned grit n duct tape n gorilla glue way - before I ever put a girl inside.

I deserve it though - who buys a 4 x 4 x 7 tent for 165.00 ????????? ME that's who. Now that I have my own PVC and duct tape covering all the seams (light leaks GALORE from very first time zipped up - due to cheap seams) the tent is operational, but not optimal.

I already know I need another flowering tent but so long as this one holds up it gives me time to find a company who isn't looking to cash in fast and disappear, but actually stick around the industry and build their empire on a good reputation.

i ordered a lighthouse 4x4x8 tent and it came with

metal frame and corner pieces
360 degree accessibility
window on main door
8 inch exhaust holes with bungy to tighten down to 6 or 4 inch
and a removable bottom layer that holds 100 gallons.

resembles the gorilla grow tent, was originally 230 on amazon i got it for 150 and have no rips, breaks, tears, or issues. was a great buy. no problem with lighthouse tent so far.
(will be a pain to tear down if need to move that i do know, came with no directions witch was fun)

hahaha well at least you got a good quality product!!! I love the window feature i just wished it was on mine. The biggie is the metal fittings that i find should be standard on all tents.

Some beautiful and healthy plants there Skoda!!! You should definitely checkout the molasses during flowering it will definitely increase the amount of frosting the plants will have. Molasses does not get absorbed by the plants it feeds the microorganisms in the soil and boosts their production. They in turn break down the nutrients in the soil and allow the plants to uptake more of it in their roots. Keep up the good work Skoda!!!

Back
Top Bottom