Smokeys 1st DWC Grow - Need Advice Please

Re: Smokeys 1st DWC grow. Need advice please

So first things first. I need to know if 2 gallon buckets will be sufficient for a medium sized plant. I need to know what nutrients I need. As of now I have fox farms grow big, tiger bloom, big bloom and boomerang comeback. I need to know when to add the first nutrients. I'm sure I can germ, and sprout the seed in rock wool with no issue. But from that point on I'm somewhat lost.

Sounds like a whole new learning curve you are heading for... good luck! You have a lot of reading to do. Now you are going to need to learn the hydroponic side of things, where cleanliness and exact control of your solutions is key. What you are about to do always scared me, knowing that soil is much more forgiving. I wish I could give you tons of advice, but I have never run a DWC and failed miserably at my attempt at aquaponics. I wish you all the luck in the world, but just off the top of my head, it seems that 2 gal buckets is quite small... I would think you would want to be dealing with at least 5 gal buckets... but then again, what do I know? I would also think that you will need some hydroponic specific nutrients... your old soil stuff will not work. Also, you would never run a hydro grow without nutrients unless you were flushing the system... in hydro, they only nutrition the plants get is what you give them, and you give it to them full time.
You have some reading to do my friend... good luck!

Eco Flo Deep Water Culture (DWC) Yellow Jacket 2 Gallon Grow Bucket Dual with the Air Injection Technology. For those that want to grow a medium to large plant.

Due to our Air Injection Technology Modular Hydro made the cover of High Times Magazine and was awarded the 2012 S.T.A.S.H. awards for significant technological achievements in horticulture. Will not clog, lasts for years, dishwasher safe.

Designed after it's cousin the Black Widow!

Grow medium to large plants in record breaking time with the Air Injection Technology! Produces white, clean, crisp, roots... What's in your bucket?

System Includes:

2-2 Gallon heavy duty grow buckets with 3" net cups Single dimensions W 10" H 9.5" Manufactured with FDA compliant resins.
Two outlet air pump with adjustable pressure
2- Air injection technology 6.0" with air lines
Easy drain plugs and easy fill red caps
Syringe with draw tube (for checking pH and TDS)
Grodan starter seed grow cubes
Instructions (includes start from seed and cloning tips)
Assembly guide
See our video: EcoFlo Black Widow DWC Grow Bucket Hydroponics Systems
Bentley's KILLER Paw of Approval is stamped only on a select line of products that meet our award winning standards of quality and craftsmanship. Top growers grow with these products daily!

Description: Modular Hydro has taken (DWC) Deep Water Culture to a new level...

For those who are serious about growing medium to large plants in record breaking time the Eco Flo DWC Yellow jacket fits the bill. Easy fill and drain means you do not have to remove the lid between grow cycles, draining and filling your system is a snap. Your plants will experience record fast grow rates due to the (AIT) Air Injection Technology. All of the plants roots are constantly suspended in a cloud of air during the entire grow cycle, which means clean crisp white roots. This system fits the bill for those who want the best in a deep water culture hydroponics system... ENJOY! Note: Our research has concluded that a large bucket is not needed to achieve superior results. Less water, nutrients, weight etc.

Air Injection Technology (AIT) is manufactured by Modular Hydro and will out perform an airstone. Visit our website or You Tube channel for how to videos.

DWC (Deep Water Culture)

Traditional methods favor the use of a plastic container with the plant contained in a net pot suspended from the lid and the roots suspended in the nutrient solution. An air pump powered airstone oxygenates the nutrient solution; if sufficiently oxygenated, the plant roots can remain submerged indefinitely. Once the plants are ready to flower, the level of the nutrient solution is gradually reduced to expose the roots to the air. Plants absorb vastly more oxygen directly from the air than from the oxygen dissolved in water. Deep water culture allows plant roots to absorb large quantities of oxygen while also allowing the uptake of nutrients. This leads to rapid growth throughout the life of the plant.
It is advisable to start this type of indoor cultivation with cubes of rock wool. Once the seeds are germinated in cubes of rock wool, put them into the DWC baskets previously filled with expanded clay pellets. Fill the DWC system with water and fertilizers that are hydroponic specific up to the level of the solution in contact with the base of baskets.

In this way, the clay will be in contact with the solution that will be absorbed by the plants roots. Soon the plant will develop a large root system that will naturally immerse in the nutrient solution. It will not be necessary to maintain the level of nutrient solution to the same level of the base of the baskets, but results will come with a lower level. It is recommended replacing the nutrient solution approximately once a week and wash the container / tank with hot water to remove any algae, mold and salt deposits. Every time you fill the tank, measure the pH of the solution and ensure that its value is between 5.5 and 6.8. Revise with the pH indicator. Constantly monitor the pH.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom