PanamaRed's Home Made DWC Grow Journal and Guide

PanamaRed

Strain: Panama Red (Sativa)
Lighting: Black Dog Platinum XL-U (1500 Watt LED)
Growing Medium: DWC
Intake: Fresh Filtered Air (Forced)
Exhaust: Charcoal Filtered (Forced)
Goal: 1 pound of SMOKE per plant

I was originally going to plant these in soil and try an all natural grow but decided DWC would be a better fit for these pure sativa's.

My DWC Setup

6 inch basket for 5 gallon buckets - $10
Ceramic Air Stone Diffusers, 40mm - $5
Standard 3/16" Airline Tubing, 25 ft - $6
Tetra Whisper Air Pump, 10 gallon - $7

You will also need a black 5 gallon bucket.

Setup

Step 1: Drill slightly oversized hole for 3/16" airline near bottom of bucket.
Step 2: Squeeze airline tube through hole.
Step 3: Add sealant around the tube and hole to ensure leaking does not occur.
Step 4: Secure air-stone inside of bucket and connect to the airline.
Step 5: Secure and connect air pump outside of bucket.
Step 6: Place basket on top of 5 gallon bucket.

Once you've completed the setup and begin growing be sure to cover the top of the bucket. Limiting light will help stop algae from growing thus making a healthier plant. I'd recommend using something as simple and obvious as tinfoil. Obviously you do not want to cover the plant.. Plants need light lol.

Germination: I've begun germinating my seeds in between two moist (but not wet) sponges.

More to follow. Please check back from updates and subscribe. Thanks!

NICE STUFF :cheer:

Good Morning!

It's been two days since I started germinating two Panama Red seeds. One has sprouted while the other is still struggling to pop out.

photo13oa.jpg

I'd recommend using some type of tupperware container and some type of cheap sponge.

I placed the sponge inside the tupperware container to help keep the moisture and humidity locked in.

@00bud87 - Thanks for the comment and support!

if you look at my THREAD Grow Journal Of Unknown Genetics - Advice Welcome have just made 2 self contained dwc buckets with independant drippers air and power alot for so little but you would be amazed how well it works but in my opinion its to hard to have for instance 8 self contained buckets would mean 8 pumps etc but have no idea how to go about a rdwc maybe should stop the meds in the mornings im having a moment but long story short cant qwait to see how it goes for you!!

if you look at my THREAD Grow Journal Of Unknown Genetics - Advice Welcome have just made 2 self contained dwc buckets with independant drippers air and power alot for so little but you would be amazed how well it works but in my opinion its to hard to have for instance 8 self contained buckets would mean 8 pumps etc

No you you need one good air pump and a multiple output manifold ( also known as a splinter) for eight buckets

Or you could use a pump with eight outlets

No you you need one good air pump and a multiple output manifold ( also known as a splinter) for eight buckets

Or you could use a pump with eight outlets

Very true. I'd still prefer to power each bucket separately. Helps mitigate the risk associated with product failure. With an RDWC if your water turns bad, a pump dies or whatever ALL of your plants will be affected..

Plus it's cheap and effective.

I decided to go the cheapest and most simple route when building my DWC. I eliminated the need for any tools.. I also used duck tape around an orange bucket.

Cost about $35 to make (including SCROG/Pole) and took about 20 minutes (each) to setup.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/photo20mj.jpg/IMG]
[IMG]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/photo19at.jpg
photo18yu.jpg

if your having your buckets self contained ever thort of adding a dripper to them i had the same general idea had one bubble bucket and the other with a dripper system and the results where at least double the size in the first few weeks !

if your having your buckets self contained ever thort of adding a dripper to them i had the same general idea had one bubble bucket and the other with a dripper system and the results where at least double the size in the first few weeks !

I was considering doing exactly that. Did it translate into a significantly bigger yield or did the plant just grow quicker?

its hard to say when i havnt flowered any yet im only a few weeks ahead of you bro but twice the size above the plant twice the size of stems and underneath like 10 times more roots and a really white healthy root system where the other doesnt look as healthy if you check out my journal ill be updating with pics today the only problem is each bucket has its own pump and air supply which isnt cost wise if your doing 10 but for a mother or a couple that you want to be high yielding i think its the way to go i am completly switching nft to rdwc system in my next round its just how do i make a recirculating deep water culture system but for the mean time self contained buckets are really good for me am about to atemp a rubbish bin into a system will put the pics up later today

Back
Top Bottom