Maserati Rick's DWC Diablo OG Grow Journal 2011

In the last week I’ve picked up:

4 Blue Larry clones $40 (Not included in the cost of the equipment)

4 inch inline fan (USED), 4 GH water farm units (USED), 17 gallon controller units (USED), 600 watt HPS set up (USED) $150

600 watt Quantum dimmable ballast (USED) , 1000 watt Harvest Pro Ballast (USED), 6” yield master II hood (USED) and 1/10 Eco Plus water chiller (USED) $250

Brand new in the box GH Water Farm 8 pack, Upgraded Texas 20 Gallon controller, ” RDWC” upgrade from GH and 4 Water Farm unit expansion. Can Filter 66 (USED), 2 new bags of Hydroton, 20 gallon Botanicare reservoir with lid (USED) with ebb and flo fittings, and 1000 watt Metal Halide Hortilux bulb new $300

So I spent $700 last week on stuff I don’t need but will re sell this month. But not for a profit I want to keep some of the stuff for as little money spent. Free if possible.

For a total of $425 this week I’ve sold:

4 inch inline $50
600 Watt HPS magnetic set up $100
1000 watt Harvest pro ballast, yield master II, and 1000 Hortilux bulb $170
20 Gallon Botanicare reservoir with lid and ebb and flo fittings $30
Can Filter 66 $75

That leaves me with:
The BNIB GH 8 pack, Texas controller and RDWC upgrade I hope to get $300 when I sell it this week. I hope…

If it works out how I planned it. I should get all of this stuff for free and made $25 for gas which I'd already spent driving to Manhattan Beach to pick up the new Water Farms: Cue Rick Ross’ “Husslin”!
600 watt Quantum dimmable ballast (USED)
17 gallon controller unit (USED)
4 GH water farm units (USED)
4 Water Farm unit expansion
1/10 Eco Plus water chiller (USED).

scrog27.jpg

You have put the idea in my head to put a screen on my plant. come check out my grow? links in my signature.
I check on your journal every time its in bold on my subs, just you don't post much. i been waitin for this update :thumb: awesome plant! love the additions! it should start feeling like a forest when those clones soon!
wish i had some advice, but i dont see any problems and i am just on my first grow anyway. :peace:

the only thing i would say is, you could have that screen alot lower when you installed it, it wouldnt hurt to push the branches over alittle bit because more colas would pop through the screen that way and if you made more, and smaller squares, you would have a cola out of each square.
im gonna push my screen as low as i can so that all the branches lay over and all those little nodes that would be popcorn buds will be colas, might not be big colas but bigger than popcorn buds. but thats getting ahead of myself since i am using cfls. but high hopes right? haha. :peace:

the only thing i would say is, you could have that screen a lot lower when you installed it, it wouldn't hurt to push the branches over a little bit because more colas would pop through the screen that way and if you made more, and smaller squares, you would have a cola out of each square.
I'm gonna push my screen as low as i can so that all the branches lay over and all those little nodes that would be popcorn buds will be colas, might not be big colas but bigger than popcorn buds. but thats getting ahead of myself since i am using cfls. but high hopes right? haha. :peace:

Yeah I wasn't going to do the scrog technique but I had the things laying around so I just did it. If i do it a gain the screen is going to be 20" square, smaller squares and topping will be done earlier.

I just cleaned up a lot of the fan leaves and shoved her under the screen again.

Updates are a bit hard since I work full time and go to school full time but I always find time to take care of my girls.

Pictures coming soon

Everything is looking great Rick! Can't wait to see more pictures.
:Namaste:

Thanks LeafLady pictures will be up soon maybe tonight. I'm picking up a 90W ufo for $50 off craigslist. I'm moving the T5's over to the new girls and putting the UFO above the Diablo OG. I want to see the scrog screen filled with new shoots in the coming week or so.

Very nice grow man. Can you describe your bucket design. I notice the drains you have and the super sharp lids can you elaborate and the buckt design a little bit?

What's up kiefisgood. Thanks for dropping by.
The bucket is simple:
This is a parts list from Lowes of Home Depot

5 Gallon bucket: $2.80 (I'm switching over to the Lowes gray bucket the gray seems to block the heat a little better than the HD orange bucket)
1/2" PVC, Long Barbed 90ᴼ: $0.58
5/8" Neoprene Grommet: $0.85
1/2" Inside Diameter Vinyl Tube (does 10 buckets):$5.99 (This only have clear tubing but I prefer to use the blue tubing that is available at the hydro store. It reduces the risk of algae buildup in your bucket.
Aluminum Foil Tape (does 4 buckets): $7.48 (In case you want to cover your bucket with reflective tape. This also reduces the water temperatures in your bucket.

As far as the lid. Its $4-5 at most hydroponic stores. So I use less HYDROTON I use the 6" net pot lid that fits perfectly on the 5 gallon bucket.

I'm going to be building a 4 bucket Recirculating Deep Water Culture system using 5 gallon buckets for my next grow. The Water chiller should come in real handy then.

your girl looks great! i have a 600w Hps and am thinking about adding a couple of T5's... you have just got your HPS and have been using T5s for a while. are they worth it? or should i go with 2 HPS? Good luck with the clones. :welldone:

your girl looks great! i have a 600w Hps and am thinking about adding a couple of T5's... you have just got your HPS and have been using T5s for a while. are they worth it? or should i go with 2 HPS? Good luck with the clones. :welldone:

Thanks mockingbird. This is my firat time vegging with t5's and they seem to be reponding better then when I had them under a 400 watt metal halide. I think theyre worth it but next time i'm probably go with the 400 watt instead.

Hey Mas,

Are you able to fully drain your buckets with that drain system? Seems like you would need that 90 degree barbed spout to rotate so you could get all the water out. Also how is that tent working out for you? Im getting a hydrofarm tent soon. I was wondering if smell is a problem? I will be using a carbon sock any suggestions on tent set up. Thanks a lot man

Hey Mas,

Are you able to fully drain your buckets with that drain system? Seems like you would need that 90 degree barbed spout to rotate so you could get all the water out. Also how is that tent working out for you? Im getting a hydrofarm tent soon. I was wondering if smell is a problem? I will be using a carbon sock any suggestions on tent set up. Thanks a lot man

What I do is I have a spare bucket set up identically that I scrub down and switch with the bucket holding the plant. Then I just fill the new bucket with the correct amount of water and nutrients. I clean and store the dirty bucket.

You can just turn the spout 90 degrees and empty the water that way I used to do it that way but found a quick switch of the buckets is best for me.

About the tent. It kicks ass! I started with the GL60 2'X2'X5'3" (which I still use for [trying to] clone purposes), then the GL80 2'7"X2'7"X6.5" (sold) and now have the GL120 4'X4'x6.5". The construction on these tents is top notch. Smell in not a problem if you have a carbon scrubber and inline fan vented properly to outside of your house or apartment.

I really don't know how to advice you on the setup. Check out the growers lounge and you'll see a lot of threads with great set ups.

Good Luck

i wouldnt grow weed if i was going to school and working full time ahaha
but thats cause i wouldnt be able to handle it. if i did i would do a soil grow or something low mantainence like that. props for doing a hydro while holding a busy life bro!

i wouldnt grow weed if i was going to school and working full time ahaha
but thats cause i wouldnt be able to handle it. if i did i would do a soil grow or something low mantainence like that. props for doing a hydro while holding a busy life bro!

LOL Thanks for the props pooh It's a hell of a lot of work but I have to put in the work if I want to reap the benefits.

I've never tried a soil grow but maybe next time or since i have my 2x2 as a cloning tent. Which I think I officially suck at. Maybe I'll do a soil grow in there with my ufo.

thanks a lot though

looks like a damn tree trunk!
Awesome grow buddy. all those leaves up there on that screen remind me that i need to prune my lady. shes gettin alittle too bushy ;D

marijuana tree!

i wanna do a hydro, i just dont have the money or the sense to keep up with one.
sorry i comment alot when i come to your journal bro! lol i just always scroll up and check out your plant some more and think of new shit i wanna say hahaha

Back
Top Bottom