Maserati Rick's DWC Diablo OG Grow Journal 2011

Maserati Rick

Hello fellow 420magazine members. This is my second grow, first journal. My first run at growing went ok. 4 Green Crack clones in 3.5 gallon buckets using General Hydroponics nutrients yielded 9.5 ounces at 62 days of flowering. 1.5 ounces of my yield were smaller nugs.

3 Diablo OG's in home(depot)made 5 gallon Deep Water Culture buckets in vegetative stage (10 days) under two 4 bulb T5's. Two 6" clip fans provide air circulation. Industrial air pump with 8 outlets (hoping to expand to 8 buckets) with 2 large air stones in each bucket. I love the amount of bubbles this air pump generates. I'm using General Hydroponic's 3 part nutrient line mild growth formula at half strength. I am hoping to add a fourth strain to fill the tent but not sure yet.
I'm hoping to flower at around 16-20 inches and after I have LST'd them and topped them. This will be my first time topping. 600 watt Quantum Ballast paired with a 600 watt HPS bulb in a 6" air-cooled hood for flowering. Temperatures at the moment are between 72-78F. RH is around 40-45% and PH is kept between 5.7-6.2. Everything is housed in a 4X4X6.5 GrowLab Tent.
I will post pictures later on tonight when I get home after working 8AM-5PM and going to school 6PM-10:15PM Monday through Friday
Any and all creative criticism, advice or suggestions are welcome and appreciated. :thumb:

Came home today and found 1 of my T5's had broken so i threw some CFL's while I find a replacement. Well here are the pictures I promised. Any and all
comments are appreciated.

DSCN20663.jpg

DSCN2065-1.jpg

DSCN20672.jpg

DSCN20683.jpg

DSCN20712.jpg

DSCN2072-1.jpg

DSCN20703.jpg

DSCN20731.jpg

Subbed bro :) Wish i could throw in some 2 cents on cloning but I'm just a beginner, I cloned my last plant but i used perlite and a powder rooting hormone.

The ladies are lookin good can't wait to see them growing more and more! Best of luck, ill be around! :peace:

Costs so far:

4' 4 bulb t5 and 2x4 sun hut $60 which I traded for a gl80 and two 2' 4 bulb t5. I kept the t5's and sold the tent for $110.
Then bought a 4x4 Grow Lab BNIB for $120.
2 6" clip fans $8 at a garage sale.
Quantum 600 ballast $100 BNIB 1 600 watt optilume hps bulb free. The bulb came from a friend that moved up to a 1000 watt.
Industrial air pump $30.
The clones and the buckets also came from my friend. The skinny stretchy one had mites. The free stuff came at a price.
And brand new sealed GH micro, grow, bloom 1 gallon jugs. PPM meter $50 PH meter $25.

I think the total so far is $283

your set up nicely! i wish i had 283 bucks to spend i'd be settin on a 1000w set up my bros buddy has for sell for 200!
lookin forward to pic updates bro nice budget so far! :peace:

Man the shit is hitting the fan.

First 1 of my 4 bulb T5's breaks so I downgrade to a 2 bulb.
Second all 3 clones had mites. I took care of those bastards.
Third of all and most effing frustrating. My nicest looking clone's stem snapped in half.

I decided to clone immediately (6 pm on 10/07 )into my cloning bucket with 8 neoprene inserts.
3.5 gallon bucket with RO water and a few drops of superthrive along with dipping the clones into clonex rooting gel.

I will keep the log up todate hopefully no more catastrophes.

good luck bro sorry about your clone!

your set up nicely! i wish i had 283 bucks to spend i'd be settin on a 1000w set up my bros buddy has for sell for 200!
lookin forward to pic updates bro nice budget so far! :peace:

Thanks Pooh. I upgraded from a 400w set up and have a 1000 watt Quantum setup for when I move to a new apartment and can set up a RDWC system.

I'm rolling with fluoros myself - looking forward to getting my sub on, watching and learning with you. Good luck out there!

This is my first time using T5's too. I've seen some great growth with lights being right on top of the plants with no burn. I am going to look into a stealth setup with a 4' 8 bulb T5. Quantum has bloom bulbs that are intense.

Trouble comes in threes, so you're all good now. Fingers Xed for the clones!

I really hope your right. Next weekend I'm going to take the tent apart and wipe everything down again, boil the hydroton, disinfect the buckets and hopefully get rid of any mites that might be hiding.

I'm really excited to see some roots start popping out. :hippy:

UPDATE

None of my clones made it :hmmmm: I'm gonna take another crack at it this weekend. My clonex just arrived and I'm going to sterilize and clean everything again I really want to keep this strain but maybe it's not meant to be.

The good news is that I got rid of the root aphids. :bravo:
My topping has produced multiple bud sites.
I'm going to construct a SCROG screen this weekend with 1/2 inch pvc and string. I'm thinking 2.5' X 2.5'.

Pictures of the survivor will be up tonight

My 1 survivor has been vegging for 30 days now and I plan building my scrog screen this weekend and vegging for another 2 weeks. I hope to flip it to 12/12 in mid November. I'm trying to get my hands on 4 Liquid Coke OG clones from a local dispensary. Liquid Coke is the most potent, best tasting OG I've ever had and plan on cloning that strain and keeping it for a while. Sunday is supposed to be the day it happens.

IMAG10444.jpg

IMAG10455.jpg

Picture of the canopy. You can see the new bud sites popping up everywhere.

IMAG10435.jpg

The home depot setup is doing well.

I also picked up a new 2ft 4 bulb T5 for $40

lookin good man i got one plant left too mines freshly in 12/12 tho hopin for a fem

nice grow man! similar to my first set up, i ran dwc on some d.pd's blueberry, check out my jurnal.

only thing i can advise, (that i didnt do my first grow and i should have) is to use hygrozyme, it will help to prevent root rot.

my first grow was awesome, i got 4 ozs of one plant, and i harvested a month early!! if i had grown out for another month i bet i could have had close to 7 ozs from that one plant!!
reason i harvested early is i ended up getting root rot, i was having trouble dialingin my rm temps and that resulted in water temps well over 65 deg farenhiet. this is bad, really bad! you want to maintain a water temp of 60-67 deg's anything above that and you risk root rot and stress to plant, this results in slower growth and possible death.

if i had been using hygrozyme for that first grow i would have been able to finish out that last month.
hygrozyme is a benifical enzyme that you use with your normal feeding schedual, what it does is break down any and all dead root matter and converts it into food for the healthy roots on plant.

if you arent using it, please for the sake of your crop and preventative measures. seeing how you arent running a chiller. get some hygrozyme!!

esp. before you turn on that 600 watter (same light i used, air coled and everything.) plus i see you thrmal coated one of those buckets. its a good idea to do the same for the other buckets, as well as covering the black lid to help with more reflectivity and keeping those black lids from soakin up the heat.

best of luck and i def have this thread bookmarked! cant wait to see the progress!!

link to my first grow: (let me know what you think)

1st Time Cultivator

heres link to info on hygrozyme:

https://www.hygrozyme.info/discovery/what-is-hygrozyme.html

if you find your bucket temps running a little hotter then you like, just throw some ice cubes in there and be sure to lower the rm temps to help regualte the bucket temps.

Thanks for the advice pre prodigy. I'm going to therma coat the buckets soon or hook them up how you did to yours. they looked good. I'm gonna tough it out without hygrozyme until I flipped them because I'm a little low on funds at the moment but I am really excited about cloning soon. Ive abandoned the idea of aeroponic cloning now I'm just going to use root riot plugs with a dome and a heating mat in a gl60 I got for $50 with a carbon scrubber with a nice little pc fan.

Thanks for the advice guys

Here is the scrog screen I built out of 1/2" PVC and string I had laying around.

IMAG10673.jpg

The scrog screen is a great place to hang my hydrometer and my new $40 24" 4 bulb T5 is where I put my new thermometer to keep track of my res temps which at the moment are at around 62-67.

IMAG10683.jpg

New bud sites popping up left and right. I am going to let it veg a little bit more while I train and take a tray full (50) of clones.

IMAG10694.jpg

And again thanks for all the input.

awesome shit dude i was thinking about puttin a screen over mine but ehh i dont think im set up for that

Back
Top Bottom