2nd Grow - Bubba Kush - Hydro - LST - Fluxing Technique - Indoor - Pebbles

cherryhaze

Hello everyone! Grow two has begun, this time a lovely Indica, Bubba Kush by Greenhouse seeds. This is planned as a very scientific grow, following the fluxing technique (nod to light addict) and carrying on the campaign to change the name from mainlining as it just sounds wrong.

Seeds have been planted as instructed by Simon from Serious Seeds, he knows his stuff! They are in 2 pocket kleenex, wet through but not dripping, in a zip lock bag, the tissue pinned halfway up the bag, so that the root can feel gravity and will grow down. The bag is hanging up in the kitchen. When the root in an inch long it'll be put into rootriot and left in a propagator (from the £1 shop).

Last time we had 2 of 5 seeds grow the wrong way up resulting in one smaller plant and one dead seedling.

The seeds are feminised - we will not be breeding.

Over and out :D

:420::Namaste:

Hi Cherry- definitely following along on this one. Can't wait to see how they grow with the fluxing technique. LA makes it look so easy doesn't he? I've been tempted to try it but really don't have the horizontal space due to how many plants I stuff into the tent.
Looking forward to those baby pics!:peace:

Quick update, transferred seeds that have sprouted into 'Root Riot' and popped them in £1 shop seed propagator. Buying a proper propagating system on Saturday :) Love trips to the grow shop! Realised I should have hung the bag of seeds up in the laundry room and not the kitchen, the cold has slowed us back a whole week! DOH, too much JD smoking? Never ;)

Omg what a fail, left seeds to germ in a cold kitchen! What an idiot. 5 weeks later, barely anything, then I realised my idiocy but by then it was too late. New bubba kush seeds bought, light, propagator, hot water bottle 3 times a day and got seeds going in less than 48 hours. Kicking myself!!! Lol. Be back in a few weeks hopefully when they go in the tent. I did scratch them w a nail file first which was a huge help and obvs the heat. Put straight into root riot this time and I think the light is what ensured the roots went down and not up. Amateur :)

Sad news. My seedlings all died, even the second pack of bubba kush. That's 11 seedlings. The last lady is on the windowsill, she had a little fungus stalk issue and I expected her to die but she is going from strength to strength, so I think I'll donate her to my MIL to play around with in the sun. So this is the end of this journal! Fear not, the new grow is a success, LA Woman has just gone In Under the 400w lights and look lovely. I'll make a link soon. Over and out, this time a big fat failure! :Namaste:

OMG losing all those seedlings!:rip: Ouch!

I use root riots too- we only soak the seeds 12 hours so there's no root showing when they are placed in the things. They sort out up and down orientation by themselves and I have over a 95% success rate this way.

I recently threw out a bag of root riots that had white mildew on them from sitting on a warm shelf for a few months. Maybe you got a bad batch and that's what killed your seedlings?

I tried another brand similar to the root riots called rapid rooters this grow. Not as happy with them as the holes for the seeds are huge and as a result, when my girls sprouted every one of them had the seed hull stuck on the cotyledons.:straightface:

Glad you at least have the LA Woman grow going well!:thumb:

Happy growing!
:peace:

OMG losing all those seedlings!:rip: Ouch!

I use root riots too- we only soak the seeds 12 hours so there's no root showing when they are placed in the things. They sort out up and down orientation by themselves and I have over a 95% success rate this way.

I recently threw out a bag of root riots that had white mildew on them from sitting on a warm shelf for a few months. Maybe you got a bad batch and that's what killed your seedlings?

I tried another brand similar to the root riots called rapid rooters this grow. Not as happy with them as the holes for the seeds are huge and as a result, when my girls sprouted every one of them had the seed hull stuck on the cotyledons.:straightface:

Glad you at least have the LA Woman grow going well!:thumb:

Happy growing!
:peace:

Bubba kush made it, she gave us what looks to be about an oz dry... And that's an oz of free weed! We also cut 1.3 kg of la woman wet and fully trimmed this time. Not bush and stalk like last time ;) also we grew with as much control as poss, stripping the lower branches for at flow, we were on 11 13 for a bit of energy saving and we flushed for 2.5 weeks. This time we are drying totally off the stalk in card board boxes and newspaper. Then the cure will start. This grow looked so much smaller that the last yet yielded more! And no crap. I had. Bin liner of trim last time, this time only a small carrier bag. The aim was quality over quantity but I think we have both! Looks like your yield lovely lady. I will do a grow journal soon albeit in arrears xx

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom