Canad's - Indoor - Coco - Crop King Seeds' Purple Kush - Flux Grow

The Dealer

So this will be my first ever grow journal online. Always felt sketchy posting my business online, but the amount of info i've learned from this site and others has changed my mind. Hopefully sharing my experience will help someone as well as getting some helpful tips to continue improving my grows.

I started growing a long time ago with just whatever seeds I found in my baggies and almost no real equipment. Made a ton of mistakes by not doing much research and never really got results worth talking about, I enjoyed the hobby I just never had the correct place or budget available to really go all out. Many years later now I have a stable environment along with the funds to take my growing to the next level.

so heres what i'm working with currently

Space - 4ft L x 9ft W x 9ft H Homemade tent divided into 2 sections for Veg/Bloom.
(Just some PVC pipes for a frame and Black/White Plastic all around.)
Looking to upgrade to store bought Grow tents sometime in the near future.

Lights - Veg 400W MH Cool tube with Powersun Digital Ballast.
Bloom 600W HPS Cool Tube with Powersun Digital Ballast
Brinks Digital timer Veg - 18/6 Bloom 12/12

Medium - 10 Gallon Smart pot with 75% Coco 25% Perlite

Nutes - AN Sensi Coco PH Perfect Grow 2 part formula
AN Sensi Coco PH Perfect Bloom 2 part formula
AN Coco Big Bud
AN Overdrive

Ventilation - 420CFM Typhoon Duct fan along with carbon filter and 6 inch Ducting to cool tubes along with some nice size oscillating fans and Window unit Air Conditioner

I run around 75 - 80 degrees with 55% -70% RH in Veg 45% - 60% RH in Bloom

Strain - For this journal I will focus on my 2nd grow currently starting week 4 of Veg. I went with Purple Kush by Crop King Seeds.
Started from seed.
I'm using the Flux method which I picked up from Light Addict (Awesome Grower very informative!)

I also have in the Flowering side my Royal Queen Seeds Fruit Spirit (White Widow x Blueberry) starting week 4 of bloom but I used multiple toppings to get 16 mains instead of the Flux method. its doing great from what I can tell but I figured it was too late to start a grow journal for that. i'll def post the harvest results though once it finishes.

Here are some pics starting Week 4 of Veg topped and tied down using plant ties and wire hangers for a Flux grow
20150809_203158.jpg
20150809_203205.jpg

I water every 2 or 3 days depending on how dry the top inch gets. with 2ML per liter of the AN Sensi Coco PH Perfect 2 part Grow formula.
I plan to add more wire hangers spaced apart parallel to keep the new growth growing to the sides and i'll keep the main 2 tied with the plant ties

If anyone has any questions or suggestions. I'm all ears(eyes). I'll keep posting updates as often as needed so here we go!

I also have another grow in my Flower side (Royal queen seeds - Fruit Spirit) which I used the Mainlining method of just topping over and over till I had 16 mains. Its a beast right now on its 4th week of flowering, standing at around 4ft tall. But I noticed I had less control over which mains decided to stretch more than others and I have a few that got left out of the top and got over run by fan leaves and growth. I have 2 really tall mains and about 10 more just below and spread out around a tomato ring. I'd say I lost 2 to 3 mains simply because I couldn't get them to keep up with the rest.

Thanks guys.

I also did a poor job of trimming off the lower popcorn buds to keep the focus on the top mains but at this point i'm just going to let it go and learn for the flux. I set my goal at 6 oz for that one just to start off. so i'll see how I did here in the next month or so.

LA recommends cutting some of the leaves at a growing tip to slow it down. You could also pinch the stem on runaway mains which will also slow them down.

At the point where my plant did the stretch, pinching the stem would of been quite the job as my stems were already thick as a sharpie lol. but i'll remember that for this new one.

The simplest way to stall the growth of an individual shoot or limb is removing the top most, fully opened up set of leaves. The ones just below the growing tip foliage that sits closed and vertical. Its for small adjustments as you dont want to over repeat the process to much. :)
Pinching of the stem just below the growing tip is more effective, your just damaging the internals, so whilst it repairs growth is stalled. :)

Having a look at your pot, I believe you have just enough room to stick some thin garden canes through your pot rim. This is my best fit for training tethers and cloth pots. It also lets you forget the pot rim and lets you train longer for more limbs! :)

Finally and thanks to your interest in fluxing with a few others at present, Im gonna get home tonight and drop a bean in water for another flux. This time ill video every key point and talk everything through as I work, to give my final proper all out salute to fluxing. :) hopefully then all shall be clear for all :)

Having a look at your pot, I believe you have just enough room to stick some thin garden canes through your pot rim. This is my best fit for training tethers and cloth pots. It also lets you forget the pot rim and lets you train longer for more limbs! :)

I was thinking about pushing some sticks through the rim but then I had some wire hangers laying around and thought why not just use those and save me having to stab new holes each new plant since they will never pop out always facing the same direction. I added 2 more this morning just to keep the fan leaves down so that the new growth will be easier to follow the same path. also I removed the plant ties keeping the main 2 down and simply put 2 wires looped around that can slide easily along the 2 closest sticks, and i'll just keep sliding those out as the plant grows out to always block it from trying to come up. I'll post pics to show what I mean later in the week when its more spread out and easier to see.

Finally and thanks to your interest in fluxing with a few others at present, Im gonna get home tonight and drop a bean in water for another flux. This time ill video every key point and talk everything through as I work, to give my final proper all out salute to fluxing. :) hopefully then all shall be clear for all :)

I couldn't help popping a couple of beans to shadow your grow my friend :cheesygrinsmiley:

Lights just came back on so I want to share my new method of keeping the 2 mains down with the bit of green wire looped around the wire hangers that I can easily slide down as the plant extends out and i'll keep it moving along that track till I reach the end..
20150810_170357.jpg
20150810_170347.jpg

Back
Top Bottom