Canad's - Indoor - Coco - Crop King Seeds' Purple Kush - Flux Grow

Ok my friend, first little tip. We tether the main 2 ends about an inch or more down from the growing tip. This lets the growing tip turn upwards and face the light. This is when you get the most out of my little trick of forcing open the immature tip foliage repeatedly. This is what will give you a better limb frequency. :)
Then also just leave the 2 main ends about 5ml above all other sites to drive growth where you want it :)

ahh ok. Yea they were turned up facing the light and I pushed up back down i'll move the loops farther back and allow the tips to go up again. thanks for that. also you're saying the entire 2 main stems have to be higher then the side shoots or simply the 2 tips need to be up and above the side shoots?

This is what it looks like now
20150810_203755.jpg

I opened up the newest growth tips with a tooth pick. so this helps it move along faster?

also what is your thoughts on cutting fan leaves this early on? Or any time really? Should those bottom fans come off or do I leave um on till they fall off on their own?

I felt like I didn't understand enough on my last grow about pruning and trimming, so I left a lot on and I think that will decrease my final yield

So I decided to trim up the Fruit Spirit a bit taking off mostly just the little popcorn undergrowth shoots. I did end up cutting about a dozen or so fan leaves but only 3 were really big and up near the top always blocking light from some of the mains. The rest were all near the bottom and some were even dead or almost dead.

Then I got stupid.... I had 1 main that was laying really low because it had grown on the outside of the tomato ring and never really made it up to the top like the others. So I had an itch to try and bend it down and try to get it into the inside of the ring where I could possibly place it dead center where I had extra space with plenty of light.... Of course it snapped and is now leaning off to the side. I didn't rip open the branch or detach it, but its broken.

So do I just cut it or do I leave it alone? will it even recover this far into flowering?

I'm thinking cutting it will probably let the plant move on rather than stopping production to try and fix it. I'd love some input here.

20150812_014617.jpg

Also keep in mind. This cola wasn't going to win any prizes or anything it was sitting well off to the side and i'd say more than a foot below any of the other ones. So i'm not all that upset about it even if I lose it. Just want to know the best solution to keep the rest of the plant happy and budding.

Things are starting to look good this morning. For the Fruit Spirit, the broken branch is still looking lively and standing up somewhat on its own. The plant doesn't seem to mind much.
As for my baby, The Purple Kush looks like it started moving again. I didn't mention this but before I started the journal she grew too top heavy and along with the air moving around I woke up one morning to her sleeping completely on her side. So I had piled up the coco around the stem to support her and she fixed right up but I'm guessing that pushed back the growth time a bit and along with the training I can see why its taking a bit longer to develop.

here she is this morning.
20150813_092221.jpg
20150813_092249.jpg

Just a quick follow up, I had a lot of new growth and decided to trim off a few fan leaves. Not sure if I should take off the 4 fan leaves pointing towards the center of the plant. I'll see if they become a problem later on.

Before
20150816_170056.jpg

After
20150816_170534.jpg

Back
Top Bottom