Guide to making Cannabis Gummy Bears with pics

The Dealer

So heres my successful guide for making Cannabis Gummy Bears.

What you'll need:
1/2 Cup Cold Water.
One 3oz(85g) package of Jello.
4 packets of unflavored Gelatin. (The box I have pictured below came with 4 packets.)
1-3 teaspoons of Vegetable Glycerin.
Cannabis Oil* (Amount is up to you. Read Below.)
Pipette or turkey baster.

Gummy Bear molds. (Or any silicon mold shape really.)
Sauce pot. (I have a really nice non stick pot. This candy gets pretty sticky even as a liquid.)
- I used a pyrex glass with parchement paper to decarboxylate my shatter. But the shatter stuck to the paper and I had to scrape it off. Going forward I will just decarboxylate my BHO right in the pot I will use. That way even if it sticks, it will all melt in with the rest of the mix later, and theres no waste.

20170110_215830.jpg

20170110_220704.jpg

*I used 1/2 gram of decarboxylated Shatter BHO. I have no idea yet if this is too much or not enough. I'm waiting on the effects as i'm writing this up. You can use any extract you'd like. I read even butter works, but probably tastes funny in a candy. A lot of people use coconut oil extracts as well.

Ok on to the directions.

First off you'll need to decarboxylate your extract. Get that THC activated and whatnot. For this I use my oven at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 - 60 mins. This is how I do it. If you have another method you prefer, go for it.

20170110_223558.jpg

Once you have some decarbed extract. Turn your stove on medium heat, pour the cold water into the pot along with your jello mix and 4 packets of gelatin. Mix that all up and keep stiring.

20170110_223258.jpg

As thats heating up and dissolving your gelatin and jello powders, mix in your extract of choice.
Mix that all up still on medium heat.

20170110_224135.jpg

You'll notice little brown spots in my mix. Thats my shatter.
Add in 1 tsp of Vegetable Glycerin and mix it really well. You don't want to see anymore brown spots, but rather a nice blended mix. If it doesn't blend after 1 tsp, Add another. But don't pass 3 tsp.

20170110_224344.jpg

Now that your extract has infused with the jello and gelatin mixture, we're ready to start putting the mix into the molds. Turn your heat down to low.
Use the pipette or turkey baster, siphon up the mixture and fill up your molds.

20170110_224616.jpg
20170110_225749.jpg

Like I said before this candy gets sticky. You'll most likely have a harder time the longer the mixture sits. Also the lower you get to the end, it becomes a bit harder to work with.

(btw, this shit is starting to kick in and I only ate 10 bears about an hour ago. I'd say my dose is perfect.)

Stick the molds into the fridge and let them sit there for 30 minutes. After that, just pop them out of the mold and enjoy! :)

20170110_235356.jpg

*Notes
They last about a week or so kept at room temperature. They last much longer stored in the fridge, Even longer if you freeze them till needed.
Some people lightly dust with cornstarch to keep them from sticking. Me personally I don't have a problem with them sticking and prefer not putting the cornstarch.
Some people also use sugar or Citric Acid Powder. Warning!!! Citric Acid Powder is super strong tart lemony flavor. It will taste sorta like a really strong sour candy but without the sugar taste. I would definitely cut this stuff with sugar 5 to 1 or something.

Please don't let any kids get in reach of these. :yikes:

High there I am new to this in every way, I'm not sure what shatter is or if I have to make it . or can I use cannabis oil just as it is? this looks like fun if I can get the dose right lol. I have the molds, about how many would this batch make ? thanks Dk.

Shatter is just a form of hash oil. Very highly concentrated.
You can use oil but depending on how much you need to use, it might taste funny or may have problems solidifying. I use 2 small boxes of jello, 8 gelatin packets and 1 gram of BHO to make 80 gummy worms. I don't make the bears anymore. Hope this helped.

What you'll need:
1/2 Cup Cold Water.
4 packets of unflavored Gelatin. (The box I have pictured below came with 4 packets.)

Gummy Bear molds. (Or any silicon mold shape really.)
Sauce pot. (I have a really nice non stick pot. This candy gets pretty sticky even as a liquid.)
- I used a pyrex glass with parchement paper to decarboxylate my shatter. But the shatter stuck to the paper and I had to scrape it off. Going forward I will just decarboxylate my BHO right in the pot I will use. That way even if it sticks, it will all melt in with the rest of the mix later, and theres no waste.

20170110_215830.jpg

20170110_220704.jpg

*I used 1/2 gram of decarboxylated Shatter BHO. I have no idea yet if this is too much or not enough. I'm waiting on the effects as i'm writing this up. You can use any extract you'd like. I read even butter works, but probably tastes funny in a candy. A lot of people use coconut oil extracts as well.

Ok on to the directions.

First off you'll need to decarboxylate your extract. Get that THC activated and whatnot. For this I use my oven at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 - 60 mins. This is how I do it. If you have another method you prefer, go for it.

20170110_223558.jpg

Once you have some decarbed extract. Turn your stove on medium heat, pour the cold water into the pot along with your jello mix and 4 packets of gelatin. Mix that all up and keep stiring.

20170110_223258.jpg

As thats heating up and dissolving your gelatin and jello powders, mix in your extract of choice.
Mix that all up still on medium heat.

20170110_224135.jpg

You'll notice little brown spots in my mix. Thats my shatter.
Add in 1 tsp of Vegetable Glycerin and mix it really well. You don't want to see anymore brown spots, but rather a nice blended mix. If it doesn't blend after 1 tsp, Add another. But don't pass 3 tsp.

20170110_224344.jpg

Now that your extract has infused with the jello and gelatin mixture, we're ready to start putting the mix into the molds. Turn your heat down to low.
Use the pipette or turkey baster, siphon up the mixture and fill up your molds.

20170110_224616.jpg
20170110_225749.jpg

Like I said before this candy gets sticky. You'll most likely have a harder time the longer the mixture sits. Also the lower you get to the end, it becomes a bit harder to work with.

(btw, this shit is starting to kick in and I only ate 10 bears about an hour ago. I'd say my dose is perfect.)

Stick the molds into the fridge and let them sit there for 30 minutes. After that, just pop them out of the mold and enjoy! :)

20170110_235356.jpg

*Notes
They last about a week or so kept at room temperature. They last much longer stored in the fridge, Even longer if you freeze them till needed.
Some people lightly dust with cornstarch to keep them from sticking. Me personally I don't have a problem with them sticking and prefer not putting the cornstarch.
Some people also use sugar or Citric Acid Powder. Warning!!! Citric Acid Powder is super strong tart lemony flavor. It will taste sorta like a really strong sour candy but without the sugar taste. I would definitely cut this stuff with sugar 5 to 1 or something.

Please don't let any kids get in reach of these. :yikes:

You said some people use infused coconut oil. Do you know how much infused coconut oil to us?

I need to know how many gummy bears this made, please? And also, how big were the gummy bears, comparing to a penny?

I don't make the bears anymore I switched over to gummy worms for the ease. I use 2 boxes of jello with 8 packets of gelatin and end up making 80 - 85 gummy worms.

They are the same size as the worms or bears you would find at any grocery store or candy shop.

You said some people use infused coconut oil. Do you know how much infused coconut oil to us?

I wouldn't use coconut oil to make candy. But I don't really know the ratio you would use for this. I would think the amount of THC infused into the coconut oil would have to be highly concentrated to make up for how little you would be able to use. I will take a guess and say no more than 40 ML of coco oil per 2 boxes of jello.

What is shatter BHO? Thanks for your help.
Cindy

What you'll need:
1/2 Cup Cold Water.

HI There, I am a bit new to the edible cooking as well. I have been making tincture with Everclear as well as Rum and making my gummies with it. Though the strength is incredibly strong, (its put my recipe testers on the floor) i would really like to make them taste better. Honestly...i wouldn't chew them, i just swallow. The Everclear itself is strong but doesn't leave a strong after taste. The rum leaves a creepy after taste.

Now that i have gotten how to play with the strength of each batch, what would you recommend for the taste?I also have a problem with them sticking to each other once they dry.

My recipe is close to yours, except i use tincture, and no vegetable glycerin. Suggestions?:thanks:

HI There, I am a bit new to the edible cooking as well. I have been making tincture with Everclear as well as Rum and making my gummies with it. Though the strength is incredibly strong, (its put my recipe testers on the floor) i would really like to make them taste better. Honestly...i wouldn't chew them, i just swallow. The Everclear itself is strong but doesn't leave a strong after taste. The rum leaves a creepy after taste.

Now that i have gotten how to play with the strength of each batch, what would you recommend for the taste?I also have a problem with them sticking to each other once they dry.

My recipe is close to yours, except i use tincture, and no vegetable glycerin. Suggestions?:thanks:

I've never messed with tinctures or anything that used everclear or any other alcohols so I wouldn't be of much use for this one. The only thing I can think of would be to concentrate your tincture more, so that you can use less in the recipe and not overpower the sweetness of the jello.

I think some people even evaporate the everclear out and are left with just the residue but thats a very dangerous process and so I avoid making concentrates myself for this reason.

Also the vegetable glycerin is only used to blend the BHO with water. If you already have a nice even blend theres no need for it.

I am a x chef. And I am a big kid who loves all of the yummy stuff that makes my teeth fall out. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I have only cooked with canna butter but that taste becomes boring after awhile. I am looking forward to giving this one a go. They will be a crowd favorite at next years Blazing Swan Festival. Same crowd who run burning man - Big shout out to any PWD.

Back
Top Bottom