Addo's LED Veg/Flower Random Growing Goodness Journal

addonexus

Hello Everyone,

After some slight complications I have decided to start another journal. Currently I have 2 tents up and running one veg and one flower. The veg tent consists of 2 ladies one is a Pineapple Chunk the other a Deep Cheese. Which were grown in 1 gallon hempy cups, allowed to get root bound and transplanted between 2 to 5 days ago. They now reside in a dwc setting one with a constant drip.

All ladies are suspended in net cups and filled with a Super Coarse Perlite. Aside from the drip all other's are homemade DWC setups with a central air pump, connected to a distribution controller. From there they are connected via tube into the bottom of a 5 gallon lowe's bucket feeding an airstone.

My nutrients consist of the following at reduced rates to compensate for the lack of heat produced under LED's.

(Veg) Flora Nova Grow - Floralicious Plus - Silica Blast - Cannazym.

(Flower) Flora Nova Bloom - Liquid KoolBloom - Floralicious Plus - Silica Blast - Cannazym.

Flushing with Clearex - Cannazym.

Veg occurs at 18/6 and Flowering at 11/13 (on/off).

Currently in the flowering tent I have 2 Dutch Passion Blueberry's that were mainlined and have between 14 - 21 days left until harvest including flush time. Their growth structure varied as they were allowed to take any shape they found efficient once placed in the flower tent. In all honesty I've had nothing but trouble with one and the other is a pleasure that smells of blue berry. However the majority of the trouble was self cause, as things that are not maintained or noticed in hydro settings tend to spiral out of control quickly. I will let you decide which one looks like the pleasure and the pain.

The Pleasure and best looking / smelling of the two is expressing orange/blood/red pistils at about 80%. I do not harvest based on this fact alone but its good to know that she is nearing the end of her cycle. Her buds have yet to pack on weight, but based on how many pistils are present on each "top" I expect a decent amount.

The Pain on the other hand has the most trichome production out of either. The buds however were stunted and are now as a result larfy and small. I knew the risks of growing this strain due to reviews and the unfortunate negative review's that follow its genetic stability and likelihood of turning into a hermie. In my mind however I would like to dismiss 80% of the negative reviews as poor growing environments, and possible problems that are bound to occur. Pain has however started to put on some weight, and is now combating a possible root rot, that she has struggled with since veg. This is self induced as I solved the problem with Cannazym and then stopped using it all together. The issue has been rectified and is applied as a precautionary measure as reduced rates to all future plants.

The last and relative new comer is a Vanilla Kush from Barneys Farms. She is beginning week 3 and or day 15 of true flowering. It took about 2 weeks for flowering to occur so that was chalked up as transition. This young lady has been a joy all around, I have yet to have a deficiency, or any real discoloration of the leaves nothing. She was the only one to receive silica blast upon entering the tent, the blueberry's received it mid way through flowering. Her structure is stout and almost uniform with a slightly larger main cola in relation to the others. VK was going to be one of my mothers but I decided to take clones during flowering, as I have done with one of my blueberry's as well. On that note all clones rooted and started to re veg, however they never transitioned back to normal leaves and resembled a smooth single leaf. They were culled. Getting back to Silica I notice a considerable difference in structure when compared to the mainline blueberry's. Nice and sturdy, almost woody and continues to expand. The training received by VK was a simple FIM, and removal of lower nodes while preserving fan leaves to maximize efficiency. VK is currently undergoing a flush and res change, she was also fed a foliar feed on select fan leaves to help with potential growth. I hope to keep her well maintained throughout the grow with hopes of a great harvest.

More to come on the veg tent and pictures will follow tomorrow for the flowering tent, and once my ladies recover from transition in the veg tent I will post.

Any questions comment or concerns are welcome, this will be an on going project as I will be attempting a somewhat sea of green setting with clones in the near future.

Enjoy

Pleasure (Blue Berry)

All damage to the leaves i.e burns were cause by a flaw in my initial setup but has been since taken care of. very little damage overall.

Overall View
20150509_050420.jpg

Main Cola stretching 1 foot
20150509_050525.jpg

Topside View
20150509_050546.jpg

Color transition of pistils
20150509_050602.jpg

Main Canopy Tops
20150509_050631.jpg

More of the same
20150509_050646.jpg

More of the same
20150509_050803.jpg

Harness to keep her in line
20150509_050818.jpg

Trichome Shots of Pain, Note: Pleasures shot were of bud material and Pains shots are of sugar leaf material.

This caught my attention as there was a noticeable discoloration in my main cola, and while my temperatures are maintained I always fear the worst such as mold. Upon closer inspection the Bulbous and Capitate-Sessile trichome's are turning thus producing the deep field of white and or milky trichome's. The Capitate-Stalked trichome's however are starting to turn amber.
S20150513_0004.jpg

Two different somewhat distant views showcasing trichome production and the varying degree of ripeness from top to bottom.
S20150513_0001.jpg

S20150513_0002.jpg

Under leaf progression.
S20150513_0003.jpg

The time seems to be near for Pain, and according to my journal's she will be entering the flushing phase for one week, she is on time according to the breeder so far. It would seem that I own two phenotypes one producing more of a sativa structure (pain), and Pleasure expressing a hybrid structure (Christmas tree even though mainlined producing 8 hubs / Nodes are produced at intervals instead of next to each other / More node sites on tops as opposed to Pain / More calyx production and consistent calyx production).

Veg tent which consists of 2 upcoming mothers in training. The Lady appearing on the left is Pineapple chunk, and on the right Deep Cheese. Moving down starting with the red cup, a new Pineapple Chunk begins to grow. Lastly in the humidity dome with perlite are 2 clones from Pineapple chunk. The clones were taken after a flush, they consisted of 3 node sides with a fair amount of space between. Once taken they were scraped and split to produce more rooting sites by exposing less hardened plant material, they were dipped in cloning solution and receive a misting multiple times a day. I have 100% success rate with cloning using simple methods. Once the clones take root I will give them about 2 weeks veg time and introduce them to the flowering tent. I am doing this to test their mother to see if she is a desirable pheno type. Also this will be the start of my Sea of Green Setup, My goal would be to have back to back harvest and only grow single colas. This will also give me the opportunity to play with nutrients to see how much they can take before showing nutrient burn.

On a final note Pineapple chunk was transplanted from a root bound 1 galllon container 7 days ago, she has since recovered, and grown in excess of 300% in mass, I fear however that in flower shes going to stretch. Deep Cheese was transplanted 5 days ago and is just now developing taproots to reach the reservoir, where PC had solution available immediately due to the drip feature of her bucket.

Here are a few pictures

20150512_052407.jpg
20150512_052328.jpg
20150512_052334.jpg
20150512_052341.jpg
20150512_045628.jpg
20150512_045427.jpg
20150512_045419.jpg

Lots of new pistil growth amongst both BlueBerry's, Pain is now starting to express purple and or darker hue's on the smaller trichome's. Both Ladies will have another week added to their growing time thus pushing final flushing and harvest back.

The four photos below are from Pain's buds rather than sugar leave's. They are taken from different areas, however the purple hue's are only present on 2 tops. I expect with time that these colors will spread, other than that I have yet to see any Amber and or Purple hue's on the larger trichome's. Which are still clear, however they are beginning to swell at the top's which is a signal that she is almost ready for harvest.

S20150514_0004.jpg

S20150514_0009.jpg

S20150514_0008.jpg

S20150514_0007.jpg

Other things to note Pain expresses no odor, Pleasure expresses a berry type scent and Vanilla Kush has a unique smell forming although I cannot really put my finger on it atm.

Photo updates

Pleasure

20150516_033219.jpg

20150516_033305.jpg

20150516_033320.jpg

Vanilla Kush

20150516_042232_HDR.jpg

20150516_042345.jpg

Pain / Group Shot

20150516_042301_HDR.jpg

20150516_042436_HDR.jpg

20150516_042249_HDR.jpg

20150516_042404.jpg

20150516_042657_HDR.jpg

20150516_042716.jpg

Neither Blue Berry's are ripe enough for a flush and continue to put on weight, while producing new growth.

Vanilla kush has fairly uniform growth and maintains a pleasant scent.

Pineapple Chunk has since grown into a bush of a monster as the roots start to fill into her 2 gallon reservoir.

Deep Cheese is somewhat sluggish but has produced a lot of tap roots and will begin to fill in with the coming weeks.

The clones are still green and surviving.

Pain is starting her path to harvest, her buds are somewhat larfy but have put on a little weight. They also are beginning to change color from green to purple. While her buds are turning purple her sugar leaves are turning amber. She will begin flushing with PH'd water and Clearex. Depending on her overall appearance in the next coming days I may cut it short. Her poor performance was my error, which consisted of but was not limited to, heat stress, root rot, and at some times not in a completely dark area. While all of these things have been rectified I cannot undue past damage. One thing to note though upon recover she was very vigorous, and compared to her sister she appears to have a more sativa bud structure. Regardless I am happy with her outcome, and I am glad the desire to cull her from the tent was pacified. Here are a few photos.

Purple hues and bud structure
DSC007376.JPG

DSC007353.JPG

DSC007345.JPG

Wide shots
DSC007276.JPG

DSC007264.JPG

A little flash to illuminate her bud sites
DSC007255.JPG

Pineapple Chunk Update, and training. PC's growth has been compact and bushy since the FIM at around the 5th node site. Since then she has suffered a good defoliation of her original fan leaves to allow lower development. Recently She has been tied down to open up lower sites and to promote a lower profile overall. She is about 1 month 1 week old and has yet to fill her reservoir with a root ball. This is due to being transplanted. I can assume that the one gallon pot that houses her and her perlite medium is maxed out with healthy roots. Once the lower reservoir fills in I will be confident enough in her to initiate flowering. I expect this to happen around the two month mark.

Before Training, crowded not much light penetration.
DSC007245.JPG

After training, I realize the shot should be identical but you can clearly see a gap forming in the middle of the plant allowing light in to promote lower growth. The most mature and lower nodes were pulled to the corners and tied down, while the rest were spaced out in the most efficient way.
DSC007177.JPG

Node Development, nice thick structure almost wood like, very hard to Super Crop due to structural integrity.
DSC007237.JPG

DSC007227.JPG

Simple LST method
DSC007156.JPG

LST
DSC007185.JPG

Main cola expressing maturity with offset node placement, also the removal of topmost fanleaves.
DSC007215.JPG

Pain has been harvested and due to the problems it faced roughly 70% Herm'd. So I was only able to harvest 3 of the 8 colas, and lower nodes. These 3 were reasonable larger than the other 5 but all together it was a good learning experience. Pleasure is currently being flushed and doesn't show much and or any signs of being a hermie. She is on day 4 of her flush and all is going as expected.

Transition:

Deep cheese fully recovered from the pruning and fim. This allowed lower growth to spike she is now a decent bush yet still resembles a christmas tree. She entered the flowering tent yesterday, as I do not see any desirable traits so far, so no need to clone.

Both PC clones took root, the bigger of the two rooted about 2 days sooner. Up until now they have remained in the humidity dome, however they have been transplanted into 2 hempy containers. Both have been fed nutrients for the first time, and I expect great things. The hempy cups consist of 1 x half gallon water container filled with perlite, and 1 x half Sweet Tea container filled with perlite.

DSC007526.JPG

DSC007545.JPG

DSC007537.JPG

DSC007487.JPG

Pineapple Chunk has recovered from the massive defoliation I preformed a few days ago. In a nut shell I removed anything that could inhibit lower/inner growth. Needless to say she started growing again within 48 hours, and is starting to gain girth once again. This time however it is mainly inner nodes filling the space rather than fan leaves.

Vanilla Kush Flowering Day 42

Trichome production is picking up
DSC0075710.JPG

Canopy View
DSC007556.JPG

DSC007568.JPG

DSC007595.JPG

DSC007606.JPG

Main cola's pistils are starting to change color starting at the very top
DSC007616.JPG

All in all VK is very photogenic and the majority of growth is uniform. There is a main cola dominance, however its not as dramatic due to only being an inch or two above all others. I have continued to defoliate lightly to open up the lower growth to more light. I made a slight mistake in letting the water levels get too low which led to some spots appearing on a few leaves. Lets hope this does not stunt growth as it was dealt with within 24 hours of occurring.

Alright so its been a while and things have changed.

First with regards to the blueberry harvest, This...

20150528_181659.jpg

Became This...

DSC007769.JPG

Which Became This... and ended with 4 and a half 12oz mazon jars.

DSC0077812.JPG

Next

Vanilla Kush is weeks away from chop currently at 58 days and will begin a possible flush on the 26th with a harvest date of the 3rd or longer. I had a issue about mid way through flowering where we had a heat wave and my nutrients became a little concentrated. This ruined about 40% of the top 1/3 of her fan leaves. It did not however slow her down by much, every day she continues to fatten up in random places. Even the lower buds are dense, and to be honest there are only 4 nugs that look loose but it might not be there time. With regards from top down they vary from a little larger than an jumbo egg down to a normal size egg. The rest are a little smaller but mostly uniform.

Just a reminder of what she used to look like..

DSC007616.JPG

DSC0075710.JPG

DSC007568.JPG

She looks a little different now...

20150617_032138_HDR.jpg

20150617_032251_HDR.jpg

DSC0081010.JPG

DSC0081110.JPG

DSC0081210.JPG

DSC0081413.JPG

Just a little size reference

DSC008178.JPG

I expect she will continue to bulk up within the next 2 weeks, and then I will re evaluate the chop date.

Lastly

Pineapple Chunk has been trucking along for a couple of months now, easily fill her reservoir and displaying no signs of deficiencies and or slowing down. During the time she was in Veg I subjected her to multiple super cropping's, Low stress training, Major Defoliation's and a couple clone harvests. This was all done in an effort to maintain an even canopy, increase yield/training through super cropping, give the lower nodes time to develop, and to cull the weak growth. Her lower half is defoliated with some select node sites being defoliated as well. I did not however cut her fan leaves only the pre mature bud sites in most cases. In flowering she has been in transition for about a week. With the help of LST she maintains a Screen of Green profile, a very flat canopy with about 13 tops none really expressing dominance, and all being adjusted daily to ensure even energy distribution. The very last bit of training done was a good FIM'ing or 2 never topped.

Progression of time

20150512_052328.jpg

DSC007455.JPG

20150512_0442411.jpg

DSC007177.JPG

DSC007245.JPG

DSC007456.JPG

DSC007246.JPG

DSC007178.JPG

DSC007149.JPG

DSC0076910.JPG

DSC0077311.JPG

Somewhat in no particular order, and no pictures of her in the flower tent. I will take some and keep track of growth. The goal is simply to promote uniform growth, and to try not to F it up in the process. Thanks for stopping bye.

Close to weekly progress report. Vanilla Kush has been chopped down, and hung up to dry. She ran full term with about a week extra, and flushed for 4 days. She expresses a sweet undertone so far with a hint of melon, I hope that transforms into something pleasant during the cure. I've managed to get some of here in jars for curing, but the rest is still drying. I harvested at roughly 90 to 100% red pistils and 60% milky trichomes with some amber forming on others. I did have a test smoke once some of the buds were dry enough for a manicure and curing. Her smoke is smooth, and lightly flavored. I expect with time it will resemble something of a light cigarette vs a full flavor.

Here are a few pre chop pictures nothing fancy

DSC008607.JPG

DSC008617.JPG

DSC008638.JPG

DSC008684.JPG

And here we have some of her lady parts hanging out to dry

A combination of whats drying however there is still another 1/3 of the plant drying elsewhere

DSC008926.JPG

DSC008868.JPG

They seem to finish in a really red tone at least pistils, trichomes finish either amber or milky

DSC008828.JPG

Easily my favorite picture, nothing special but it makes me happy

DSC008856.JPG

DSC008845.JPG

Pineapple Chunk has taken center stage and the majority of the tent. There have been a few issues with yellowing leaves and spots here and there but for the most part she drinks 1/2 to a full gallon of water a day, so needless to say with my size bucket I have to top off and ph daily usually when the lights go on and before they go off.

Original PC Mother

This little lady took some serious LST to maintain an even canopy, to the point I was afraid her branches would snap. Eventually I had to super crop 2 of her tops but it's working out in the long run. This is more of an aerial view and does not reflect her canopy correctly.

DSC0087210.JPG

Pretty much even growth throughout as she is rotated twice a day. The majority of tops resemble this.

DSC0087413.JPG

Lastly a level view

DSC008754.JPG

Pineapple Chunk Clone #1

These are her pre transition pictures as she is now in the flowering tent

DSC008815.JPG

DSC008799.JPG

DSC0088010.JPG

Back
Top Bottom