Pineapple Express #2 - Andromina - C99

herby40

Hey guys

Ive recently started a small grow in a 1m2 tent and thought id like to share my experience. Im not new to growing, although im a little rusty because of a prolonged break. I grow with advanced nutrients, not there entire range but a select few. Im using a 400w hps, 11 litre pots and generally use any half decent soil I can get my hands on from the local homebase or garden centre.

I decided on these strains due to flowering time and supposed yield although at the minute im not overly impressed with one or two of the plants. The Andromina was a freebie from the Attitude seedbank website. All the plants have grown alot taller than I was expecting, some touching 4ft, 5ft with the pot. I also made a mistake by not trimming the underneath and now feel the top of the plant may suffer. Talking of the Andromina ive forgotten the breeder (anyone know?), this plant at the minute looks awful, the yield is looking terrible, huge thick stems and very little bud. I took a few pictures of it along with another tall pheno`d Pineapple. This Pineapple isnt the best of the 5 but doesnt look bad for the days. The c99 which I havnt taken a picture of yet is looking ok, tall once again.. a smell which reminds me of kali mist. Im hopeful that it and 3-4 of the Pineapples will in the end turn out well. Ive just fed them all overdrive for the first time on day 28, ill keep this up till day 42 then start a 2 week flush.

What do you think of the Pineapple? forget the Andromina, I know thats not doing to well. I have one Pineapple which is alot shorter than the rest and inturn is yielding alot better, ill get pictures of that and the c99 on flush day when I take them out.

I was a member to this site years ago but ive forgotten how to post pictures to this post, ive uploaded them to my gallery but unsure how to put them here.. can anyone help?

Thanks guys

P11006414.jpg

View image in gallery

Just a couple more points if anyone is interested although I do understand there not looking great right now. Everytime I get a freebie seed they turn out wank, anyoneelse get that?? Big yielder its meant to be, my arse... im obviously doing something wrong.
Anyhoo im using sensi bloom, I tend not to give my plants anything in veg allowing the soil to do the work for me. So as I said, bloom n I also feed humic, b52, nirvana, carboload, big bud n overdrive. Planning on picking sum voodoo up soon but god damn that stuff is expensive!!!!. I only give 1.5ml of the bloom, big bud n overdrive, everythingelse is 1ml..... im cheap :p I only water once a week 3 litres for each plant while in flower. Anyone think I could feed them more without problems???

edit: btw the Andromina is by 710 genetics

Few new pics ive taken today with a diff camera, im not sure if its better or not, it definately is for close ups. Im hoping for atleast one reply :hmmmm:

After taking them out for the pictures it sure was hard getting them back in, im sure the tent got smaller. Also to make things worse I found a hugeeeeeeee spider sitting happily on one of the leaves :yikes: So please someone appreciate my effort :blalol:

The c99 is smelling interesting, like a mix of 2 smells. Im looking forward to the end product. Hope you enjoy

P10005514.JPG
P10005476.JPG
P10005454.JPG
P10005355.JPG
P10005185.JPG

You're not alone anymore:thumb:
Don't forget to add your journal to your signature in the user cp!
GB80

If your plants are healthy (they seem to be) just keep up with what you've been doing. Later in, you might have to water every 3 or 4 days.

Thanks :cheer: Yeh there all healthy.... not a mark on them really. Stretched more than I was hoping for and ive left to much crap at the bottom but other than that its all gd. Funnily enough when I removed them today for some pics the pots felt a lil light so ive planned for a feed tomoro, which would be on the 5th day I believe so once again youre advice is gd and right on the money!! Thanks guambomb. When I last posted on forums, around 2006-7 leds were not generally used so I know nothing about them, are they better than hps? inbetween with fluoros? or same level as fluoros? Thanks man for popping by, ill be sure to browse yours :goodjob:

edit: how rude of me.... here have sum popcorn n enjoy the show :popcorn:

LED basically depends on what you are trying to do... if you want to grow tall plants, HPS is the way to go. If you want to grow wide plants with training and or a scrog net, LED is a good choice. Personally I wasn't impressed with my Mars2 900, just didn't do it for me, but the reflector series, I'm willing to stand behind that one! My 48x3 reflector pulls 81 watts from the wall and I've harvested 89.9 grams so far and have more to trim in a couple days. There are better LED'S out there, but I can't talk about them here...(already been warned 2x) LoL. Do your research and find what suits you if you decide to go LED.
GB80

Looking good herby, how strong is the smell from the c99? I read it smells like pineapple or some other fruit...

Looking good herby, how strong is the smell from the c99? I read it smells like pineapple or some other fruit...

Not that strong atm and ive definately grown other plants which smell the same so its not something new to me atleast. Infact it smells similar to the Andromina... also Amnesia if youve grown that. Smells are always difficult for me to describe but id go with a lemony type smell. Ill go give it a wiff in a minute and see if I can decribe it better but I notice yours is from female seeds so they could turn out completely different. Ive taken a couple of new pics today day 35 and also just fed them so ill upload these first. thanks for stopping by. Oh I forgot to say, mine are from g13

:thumb:

Just had a wiff and as I said im crap at describing but it smells like a very bitter lemon. On the other hand the Andomina smells a little different, a sharp lemon, slightly nicer imo. As I put before though yours will probaly be entirely different, n not resemble mine at all

oh n I just noticed some thrip damage to some lower leaves, not sure how they got in but not alot I can do about them now.

Wow...So someone else got warned and/or edited??? Thought I was special!:thumb: Teams Cookies is also powered by the LED that can't be mentioned. If someone were to design an LED that had great reflectors, chipsets, daisy chainable, and sealed cooling ability and a great warranty. Hmmmmm...

LED basically depends on what you are trying to do... if you want to grow tall plants, HPS is the way to go. If you want to grow wide plants with training and or a scrog net, LED is a good choice. Personally I wasn't impressed with my Mars2 900, just didn't do it for me, but the reflector series, I'm willing to stand behind that one! My 48x3 reflector pulls 81 watts from the wall and I've harvested 89.9 grams so far and have more to trim in a couple days. There are better LED'S out there, but I can't talk about them here...(already been warned 2x) LoL. Do your research and find what suits you if you decide to go LED.
GB80

just a question about youre set up guam, you say youre pretty much getting a gram a watt, how much room did you use to get that. im just wondering using my one tent wether I could match a gram a watt via a 400hps. Ive never really weighed my harvests before, seemed to smoke it before I had chance, this could be the first n I dont think im doing to well at mo

I ran a 81 watt LED in a 2x2 tent. Got 114 grams. I have run 400 hps in a 4x4 and usually end up right over 1 GPW with a full tent (5 plants) the less wattage you have, the easier it is to get 1 GPW in my opinion. If you are running a 400 and veg your plants for 45-60 days with some fimming and LST or scrog, you should be able to get 400 grams depending on your experience. I've only been at this for a few years, and it took about a year for me to dial in my set up to get the gram per watt, but sometimes I bomb the shit out of my grows and get as little as .3 GPW. The grow before this for example. I might have gotten .4 GPW because I was impatient while in veg and also near the finish... sorry for the rant, got a little carried away.:thumb:
GB80

Yeh my tent is only 1.2x1.2 so I dont think itll work for me the amount id pull out wouldnt last me long enough. Ive got 7 in my tent at mo but if I grow from clones I have been known to squeeze 12 in, usually 11 though. Just had a look this morning and my girls definately enjoyed the feed yesterday, some healthy bud production ;)

Today because I was cleaning up around my grow I figured id take the time to show you my tallest plant along with the seedling which had the 2 fused leaves leaving it with no growth spout unless topped. Luckily the fusing happened on the 2nd node, if it wouldve been the 1st then she wouldve ended up in the bin. My tallest plant measures 4.4ft from soil to top, this isnt something I prepared for or wanted but you make do. Shes got some yellowing at the bottom but considering the size this is only normal. Hope you like
:thumb:

P10005854.JPG
P10005882.JPG
P10005932.JPG

Back
Top Bottom