First Grow CFL Flowering Since 1/20/09

BSGPa

Hi everyone,

This is my first grow, it started on 12/15/08 just for something to do. Figured i spend enough on my as well try to grow my own.;) Here is my setup:

Plants: 2 Unknown Bagseed i think 1 sativa and one more indica

Lights: 16 23watt(100equiv) 6500k CFL's on 18/6 for the first 36 day, Now 12
23watt CFL 2700k 2 43wat(150equiv) 2700k 3 23watt 6500k, reptile bulb and a hid shoplight just for extra heat.

Soil: it was started in MG potting mix, now i'm using a cheap potting mix called BlackMagic that i got from BigLots for $3 a bag. And all i have for nutes is crappy MG prepackaged things.

Unfortunately when i started the grow i knew nothing and just jumped right in. So i ended up finding this site while looking for tips, and I am more than glad i did. This is by far the best and friendliest site i've found.
I just moved to my new house and started the grow in my bedroom closet which was 6x3x7, the plants were there until 2 days before i started flowering. I got board and made a makeshift grow room in my basement. This house i bought is great, I've spent under $100 on the grow thanks to the people that lived here before:thank you: lol
In the basement i found the 16' piece of clear plastic insulation sheets, and a 450cfm blower. and in the attic i found a pulley for my lights, and a big box of the little green trays for starting plants, couldn't of asked for more. i Also found a roll of denim material to cover the plastic sheets to block light for now. I am currently making new wals for the room out of the plastic sheets that i just got done painting with aluminum spray paint that was also found in the basement:grinjoint:. All i bought was some 5gal buckets, soil, and lights.

OK so here are some pics from where I'm at know

The "Grow Room"
JAN19200917.JPG

JAN19200918.JPG

And now the Plants
Plants #1 I'm not sure of the sex yet, but i think it might be female(I hope)
jan226.JPG

jan227.JPG

it has tons of undergrowth:)
jan229.JPG

And Plant #2 This one is definatley a FEMALE!!!!!!!:theband::rocker:
jan223.JPG

jan228.JPG

If you look close u can see the hairs
jan22.JPG

Well those are my plants I'm on day 4 now of flowering. I'll keep the journal updated if people are interested. I always appreciate any tips or criticism, I'm learning, and you guys are the best help anyone can have. So please enjoy the rest of my grow!!

Greetings BSGPa. Yeah, me too on tired of spending money on inferior produce. ;)

Congrats on the lady. I could see better in the full size image, rather than the medium..

jan22.JPG

Maybe your other will be female too. That would be great luck!!

Your plants are looking good. Doesn't look like that soil has any time released nutes, so that's good. Did you add extra perlite?

Do you plan on using any nutes specifically designed for flowering?

:peace:

Harry

Right now I'm on a tight budget, and nobady has anything near me. If i can find something I'm gonna pick it up. Hopefully lowes home depot or walmart will start getting some stuff in now that christmas stuff is gone. Until then i have these pre-packaged MG things that I've been using.

awesome plants, looks like everything is going great. the leaves on your second plant are beautiful.

Ok I took some more pics today. I think the Plant #1 might be male, but I am inexperienced, and would appreciate any input. So here are today's pics.

Plant #1
jan2314.JPG

jan237.JPG

jan239.JPG

Can anyone tell if these are balls? Or am I lucky enough to have another female?
jan235.JPG

And now Plant #2
jan2313.JPG

jan2312.JPG

jan2310.JPG

jan23111.JPG

If Anyone could tell me if the first plant is male or female, i would love the help, Thanks;)

That growth could be balls, or a new set of growth.

Wait and see. or switch to 12/12 and find out.

i've heard you can see signs of sex anywhere from like 14 to 21 days after flower. i guess it could be before or after this, but somewhere in that vicinity. the one picture you were asking about the balls, that growth didn't look like balls to me. just looked like preflowers that hadn't developed yet. good luck with the grow.

Sorry to disagree but it does look like ballz to me. I could just be too medicated though... Just hope some white preflowers come up out of them!

yeah, i have to agree with the Doctor. looks like ya got a boy in your room. no harm in waiting a few days to make sure.
*sending posi vibes to your grow

Well the more and more I look at them,:confused: I hate to say it, I think they are balls.:bitingnails: Oh well, i still have time before they blow their load, so I'll just keep it going and try and decided if i want to try and collect some pollen or just kill it heartlessly,:rip: lol. If i get rid of it though my wife can press some of the leaves like she wants to.;) If I get pollen, I have a bunch of other seeds from bags of pretty good mids, so maybe i'll have to experiment with some plants and see what i can concoct, lol, just like a mad scientist.:smokin:

Sorry 'bout the male but that's the way it goes. I had 3 of 5 males on my last attempt. :)

You can always take a clone from the female, veg it out and take several female clones. That way, you know you have all females for your grow and no wasting time and energy growing males. You only have to grow males when you're introducing a new strain or searching for a new phenotype.

Harry

Thanks Harry Red. I don't might wasting the time right now, I'm currently not working. So if I get some pollen, and sprout a few more(I probably have at least 30 or 40 seeds yet from some decent mids) it'll just give me more experience and some new things to try. It will be a fun learning experience, lol, and gives me something to do with my OCD, lol.:grinjoint:

Sorry 'bout the male but that's the way it goes. I had 3 of 5 males on my last attempt. :)

You can always take a clone from the female, veg it out and take several female clones. That way, you know you have all females for your grow and no wasting time and energy growing males. You only have to grow males when you're introducing a new strain or searching for a new phenotype.

Harry

clones are the way to go..I have to agree.

I will clone eventually, but right now funds are real tight, i have kids, and i don't have anywhere close to get cloning gel from. But I definitely want to try cloning by the summer time. I've really gotten into growing on accident, and i really like it. I am eventually going to get better equip(lights, possibly build a hydro setup, and order seeds), but until then I will keep having fun learning to grow, especially with all the excellent help you get in these forums. Thanks guys

Well I decided to murder the male in the room. That little bastard wanted to rape my beautiful girl, so my fatherly instinct kicked in.:grinjoint: So now I have only one lone plant:(, but it's ok because now she gets all my attention. I ended up rearranging my light setup so they would all be on her. As of today she has been flowering for * days. Anyways here's some pics. Enjoy:popcorn::ganjamon:

jan271.JPG

jan2716.JPG

jan2714.JPG

jan2715.JPG

jan279.JPG

jan274.JPG

Back
Top Bottom