10 Purple Kush Indoor- 3 weeks flowering

King Rusty

Greetings everyone. I am a long time reader here and have learned everything from this place. This is my first start to finish indoor grow, this is the setup.
10 Purple Kush clones, they were rooted when bought and grown in soil. They were vegging for a few days over a month. Two weeks into vegging 6 of these girls were super cropped. I wanted to see the difference and I definately regret not doing it to all of them. They are now three weeks into flowering. The room is about 5'-0" x 8'-0" and painted white from the ground up. I'm using a 1000w HPS (24hrs Veg, 12/12 Flower), a vortex fan to bring in fresh air/cool the light and a couple oscillating fans (one for air out, one for air flow). I am using Hydro Fuel for the nutrients.

I'm wondering what I can do to maximize the yield at this point. The top buds all look great and fat but the lower buds are a fraction of the size. I wouldn't be concerned but I feel I could get alot more bud out of the lower stuff then I'm going to. I realize they won't get as much light but is it a good idea to start pruning some of the fan leaves at the top to let some light down? I have been picking off the yellow leaves but is it any use to pick off healthy leaves? Also what about putting some CFL's along the bottoms?
Plant62.jpg

The Buckets
Plant410.jpg

Supercropped Girls
Plant91.jpg

Plant81.jpg

Plant224.jpg

Close Up
Plant72.jpg

Some of the big leaves I'm asking about cutting
Plant314.jpg

DONT EVER EVER EVER pull fan leaves off EVER!! If anything tuck them down behind lower flowers to allow light down or harvest your top flowers when they are done and let bottoms go another 2 weeks if time and # of cycles per year dont matter to you.

Friend of mine did this and it was the biggest mistake he ever did! Yielded 25% of what he should have! I could go into more detail as to why this was and is but it would be lengthy...but in short those leaves pull the sugars/nuets/food/water/whatever up the plant to base of that flower or branch, if you cut that off, the flower or branch has to work that much harder to get that stuff up to their point.
Hope that makes sense shortened and helps...
GL
aka
420guru

nice set-up and good call on finally joining the site. have you read any of McBudz or HarryReds grow journals? i've learned quite a bit by reading those journals over and over again, i have to always read things over and over cuz i often dont even remember what i read after just reading it lol:smokin: i cant wait to see the end results. this is similar to the grow im getting started on. not the clones but i will be using a 600w hps in an almost same size little bigger area with 10 plants from seed, so im very interested to see what your yield is in the end with the 1000w bulb, maybe it would be a smart idea for me to upgrade or maybe run 2 600w bulbs.

be sure to update us on the regular :welldone:so far

DONT EVER EVER EVER pull fan leaves off EVER!! If anything tuck them down behind lower flowers to allow light down or harvest your top flowers when they are done and let bottoms go another 2 weeks if time and # of cycles per year dont matter to you.

Friend of mine did this and it was the biggest mistake he ever did! Yielded 25% of what he should have! I could go into more detail as to why this was and is but it would be lengthy...but in short those leaves pull the sugars/nuets/food/water/whatever up the plant to base of that flower or branch, if you cut that off, the flower or branch has to work that much harder to get that stuff up to their point.
Hope that makes sense shortened and helps...
GL
aka
420guru

Makes sense, I'll definately let the lower ones go for another couple weeks, thats a good idea.

nice set-up and good call on finally joining the site. have you read any of McBudz or HarryReds grow journals? i've learned quite a bit by reading those journals over and over again, i have to always read things over and over cuz i often dont even remember what i read after just reading it lol:smokin: i cant wait to see the end results. this is similar to the grow im getting started on. not the clones but i will be using a 600w hps in an almost same size little bigger area with 10 plants from seed, so im very interested to see what your yield is in the end with the 1000w bulb, maybe it would be a smart idea for me to upgrade or maybe run 2 600w bulbs.

be sure to update us on the regular :welldone:so far

I've read a few journals but I had been looking at all the purple kush ones to compare. I had 6 outdoor Train Wreck plants last season that I flowered indoors. I got about an ounce per plant of some great bud but the plants don't look half as nice as these, so I'm hoping for more then an ounce per plant, but its hard to say. A buddy has 10 of the same clones under a 600w HPS, they'll be done at the same time so I'll compare them.
I'll keep posting pictures with some updates, especially with the final tally. Its gonna be nice not having to buy weed for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom