11 weeks no buds

Fomerballer

I think I’m going to toss this one. Been nothing but problems. Very fussy on its nutes. It’s a harlequin and I’ve grown 4 others from the same seed lot all ok.

This one is in week 11 of flower and still no signs of buds. Leaf tips showing mute burn. It’s currently receiving 1000ppm flower, 250ppm CalMag and 1oz hydroguard.

I turned switch from grow to flower at 4.5weeks. Lights are 2x650vivospect 30” above plant. Not sure where to go from here cept the garbage.

4D2875C5-4EF3-4152-92A1-98EB6C0F3317.jpeg

Its the amount of light hours not the switch on your fixture that makes them flower…. to initiate flowering they need at least 12 hours of uninterrupted pitch black darkness every night.

check all your gear, use several layers of duct tape to black out stuff like red glow light indicators on your power strip…. no light leaks….

any chance the outlet on versus timer on switch found on your timer is flipped wrong way?

maybe it’s just me but I can only see the top 1/4th of your pic

I dont see a reason to toss it m8, just a reason to hold back a bit on nutes, and make sure she is on 12/12 (12h light, 12h dark). I have plants take up to 6 weeks sometimes to get to flower, it's not just the light, but also how mature they are.

i can't imagine tending a plant for eleven weeks waiting for it to flower

you could have been posting this nine weeks ago,,

karma sent friend

It’s a harlequin and I’ve grown 4 others from the same seed lot all ok.
Were these seeds supposed to be "autoflower" versions of the original photo period? I did some quick research and noticed mention of autoflower seeds being available. If you bought autoflower seeds you might have gotten one in the batch that still had the photoperiod genes being dominant.

Its the amount of light hours not the switch on your fixture that makes them flower…. to initiate flowering they need at least 12 hours of uninterrupted
Good catch.

Oh, 013, a quick note. I have been abusing a plant by leaving the flowering tent door partly open so the plants get some light during their "dark" period from the lights in the vegetating area. Later today I will be checking over the buds on a Blue Dream clone to see if there are any male flower parts, which I doubt.

Were these seeds supposed to be "autoflower" versions of the original photo period? I did some quick research and noticed mention of autoflower seeds being available. If you bought autoflower seeds you might have gotten one in the batch that still had the photoperiod genes being dominant.
Nope just female seeds. This pheno seems different. The leaves are bushier and more dense. Hight is similiar. The other plant made it to about 3’ as so is this plant.

Good catch.

Oh, 013, a quick note. I have been abusing a plant by leaving the flowering tent door partly open so the plants get some light during their "dark" period from the lights in the vegetating area. Later today I will be checking over the buds on a Blue Dream clone to see if there are any male flower parts, which I doubt.
Plants are in thier own room. 4x12x10. Currently she is the only plant in there. Lights are on timers I cut back to 8hrs a day.

I think the biggest screw up on this plant was a lil to much nutes. The last Harlequin, according to my note, was 1300ppm organic Bloom & 300ppm CalMag and 2 ox hydroguard.

This plant started burning tips at 1200ppm so I’ve cut back to 1000ppm bloom

Appreciate your input

I dont see a reason to toss it m8, just a reason to hold back a bit on nutes, and make sure she is on 12/12 (12h light, 12h dark). I have plants take up to 6 weeks sometimes to get to flower, it's not just the light, but also how mature they are.
I was on 12/12 for a while and just cut back to 8 on rest off.

Its the amount of light hours not the switch on your fixture that makes them flower…. to initiate flowering they need at least 12 hours of uninterrupted pitch black darkness every night.

check all your gear, use several layers of duct tape to black out stuff like red glow light indicators on your power strip…. no light leaks….

any chance the outlet on versus timer on switch found on your timer is flipped wrong way?

maybe it’s just me but I can only see the top 1/4th of your pic
Plant has its own room. I was at 12/12 but have gone 8 on rest off. There is 1 power strip with an orange light I can cover. Room is a grow room 4x12x10 duel carbon filters for exhaust.

Lights on its 74°. Lights off it’s now at about 58-62°. During grow it was about 75°day 72° dark.

I have been abusing a plant by leaving the flowering tent door partly open so the plants get some light during their "dark" period from the lights in the vegetating area. Later today I will be checking over the buds on a Blue Dream clone to see if there are any male flower parts, which I doubt.
Just for comparison. I had a vent duct that I accidently left off after resetting my flower room. I didn't spot it until week 7 of flower. A beam of light from the adjacent rooms florescent light was hitting a lower branch of my mowi wowi with no air flow fortunately. I didn't see any hermis on that branch. 6 generations of clones, those were the first seeds and only on that one branch in the beam of light.

In a small tent, a power strip LED may have some effect. Not in a room, as long as it is not on the plant.

12/12 will not start flower on equatorial statives. Near the equator(home of the sativa) 12/12 is still the summer cycle. I do 8/16 for 3 weeks to kick in flower on land strains. Then increase to 10/14 when the flowers are set. Harlequin has a lot of sativa heritage and that recessive trait may have come out in that seed. Give it a few weeks at 8 hours light. If you don't see hairs in 3 weeks, looks like they sent you a hemp seed.

Back
Top Bottom