12' x 3' x 12' Let's design my room

Eagle1

Okay here's the room:
12'L x 3'W x 12'H = long tall and narrow.

It's already outfitted with 4 shelf groups on each end that are about 3'x 3' x 3' cubes. The shelves are removable to allow for more vertical space if required.

The entire room has peg board (except for the double door entry) to be used as needed beginning at the 3ft high level. So 9ft upward to ceiling. There's about 4" open space behind peg board to outside house siding(no insulation) so i'm thinking of running air in that space and letting it feed out of the peg board holes behind the plants...thoughts?

So i've got the pre-built shelf cubes 4 each at 3' x 3'x 3' on each end, and a wide open 6' x '3 x 12' at the double doors into the closet and between the end units. I can remove shelves to open vertical or i can keep the cubes and do multiple cages.

I already have all the containers from small to 30g and i'd like to do 100% perilite or maybe a soil mix hempy cage style to maximize the vertical space on the ends. i also have all the vert scrog materials i need.

In the middle area between the end cubes i'd like to grow some giants as theres a
6' x 3' x 12' area with no limitations other than it's narrow.

Okay, now let's do the set-up. I have a Cooper industrial 400w MH low bay ballast, a Howard 400w HPS kit with 400w Philips Mastercolor CMH, HGL 63w and 126w LED, and about 250w of CFL sort of spread around now. I'd like to more or less standardize the fleet so to speak and I'm partial to LED and CMH but cost, heat control, efficiency are all open to discussion.

So let's here some ideas on the best, most cost and operational efficient way to put this room together.

Then we'll have an amazing space for any kind of comparison you'd like to see...and could run multiple comparison's at once in the 8 cubes on each end.

Thanks for participating and the journals will begin in the fall once temps go down.

:idea::rocker::passitleft::thanks:

12 ft cieling is nice but you will never use it unless your growing some long ass sativas...and then the 400w HID's wont cut it for penetration
so from there...just an idea.....add 1 more 400w HID and a matching 126 and space them out.....1 array of lights....1 big ass grow
or break it down into chambers as you mentintiond....use the LED's to clone and veg with and use the other 2 chambers for vegging/flowering...CFL's.......use them for supplemental lighting where needed

Are you planning on covering walls with mylar or just painting them white ? You've got plenty of room height wise what are you planning for ventalation ? Pits' right about using different sections for a veg room etc !! Take your time and plan it out so your not changing things in the middle of a grow ...:peace:

i've got a bunch of ideas for it...everything from changing the peg board to a white vinyl or cover them with white vertical vinyl fence post in 4' sections and do a cage of white that way. I could drain down thru each post section to feed like gator does in his cage. only have multiple plant in each tube instead of the 3lt bottles.

I just think due to the narrowness and height i could max out my space doing a vertical scrog on the end cages and either 1 cage at 60" or 2 @ 30" on each end.

Then do as Viper suggested and take the 6' long middle section and pack some trees in that space without any limitation on height and do an array over them.

I'm thinking 400w cmh naked or cool tube vertical on the ends and a LED/ vertical cmh over the hoizontal middle trees. I'm meeting a local LED builder doing 3w lights based on stealthled models on tuesday. He's doing me some custom vertical drop lights i can drop lower into the canopy in this middle section.

Ventilation would be vertical uwards thru the end cages and middle section and filtered and that where i thought i might then pump it back down thru the back side of the peg board and allow it to feed oxegen from behind the plant as well.

Hi Eagle1,

I just noticed that you have a grow journal thread titled Eagles "Lil Mama Wants To Live" HGL LED grow that was moved to the Abandoned Journals sub-forum earlier this year because it wasn't updated. I was wondering if you'd care to revisit that thread and let everyone know how well (or not) it went. If it produced a harvest, perhaps you have a few pictures of progress along the way and/or a yield/smoke report? We have more LED journals than we used to, obviously, but yours was the first that I've seen with both top and side LED-lighting and, well, I'm just curious as to how it went, lol.

Thanks!

Does the song "LoLa" by the Kinks mean anything to ya? :oops:

Lil mama wanted so badly to live, but the stress was just more than she could bear I guess and she hermied on me. I did finish one small clone of another strain that gave me a 24" inch nice female that i got about a zip from. Really nice but, honestly i guess i chickened out on posting a journal.

i'll have another finished in about 2 weeks, 2nd in 3-4weeks, and 3 more i'll mover over from CFL to finish the last 3-4 weeks. Then i've got some trainwreck on the way i hope for this future cage.

Due to room i had to put the HGL 126 and 63 side by side over the canopy in my 2 x 1.5 x 6' cab. I superscropped the crap out of her and have a beautiful canopy of nice colas now and i'm just waiting on the final 2 weeks of fattening. I think i may enter her in a plant or bud shot contest if they fatten up the way i'm hoping...about screwdriver handle size or better now or better...hoping for coke cans.

I can say though either the 63 or 126 will make awesome sidelights for you and once i get this room done will be used with the 400w cmh's in vertical scrog style. I met with a local LED guy building POWERFUL lights utilizing 3w and 2w with 15 and 30 degree lenses. A 600w has a 1' footprint a 6' high. He's working with me on custom drop sticks and 360 degree LED for cage style. These will be incorporated into the new room come fall when weather cools with the HGL's and probably 1600w CMH.

I think i've settled on the following: I can get 2 400w ss10 switchables, with cords, and bulbs and a dual 30" cooltube for $385. I'll get 2 of those, plus the cooper 400w MH, plus the Howard 400w HPS and CMH, plus the HGL 126 & 63, plus the new custom LEDs we're working on and make this a perpetual vertical scrog room with 4 3x3x3 cubes on each end and a 6' x 3' x 12' section in the middle i can put an array of these light over and maybe get some sativas to get 8' or so and utilize the LEDs for under side lights to maximize the under canopy growth and yield.

Back
Top Bottom