1st Grow - Auto either NL or Blueberry - Day 65 from seed

The plants are looking pretty good. The only way to really tell how close they are to harvest to is get a loupe and inspect the Trichomes. When the Trich's turn milky they are in harvest zone. Many growers go for a certain percentage of amber to increase the body high but some Autos don't show amber.

The plants are looking pretty good. The only way to really tell how close they are to harvest to is get a loupe and inspect the Trichomes. When the Trich's turn milky they are in harvest zone. Many growers go for a certain percentage of amber to increase the body high but some Autos don't show amber.
Thank you for replying.

I took some Trichome pics - what do you think?

In the first picture I'm seeing mostly clear and some cloudy. The other pictures to me look mostly amber. What do you think?

Your close to harvest. I would start checking daily. My guess is you have about 4-7 days left. I would wait a little just to see if your particular Auto is going to show some amber.

The stage you are at now would be a head high (euphoric high) as oppose to the more amber the more body high it will give you. Many that want highest THC and euphoric harvest at mostly milky and a little clear.

If you have more than one plant, harvest one today, one in a week from now and one in two weeks. Assuming you are growing for your own pleasure, one of the 3 might be your favorite.

I've been reading that some recommend harvest in stages. Autos as well as Photos start ripening at the top of the plant and then ripen downward.

You could also do an experimental clip of a bud - quick dry and give it a try. Of course I would never do this.. :high-five: ha.. ha...ha..

Partial clipping of a plant I wouldn't recommend for a novice,It might go wrong and plant might start re vegging again.Your baby is still in growth.You are almost there.Start by flashing her and under the light 10/14.When after the first flush rooting system will get dry, flush her again.You have more than two weeks to go :) Troy01 has given you excellent photos for reference.

IMHO re-veg is possible in a Photo but I have never seen an Auto re-veg. Blooming on an Auto is genetically controlled. Since it is an Auto he would also want to keep his lights at 18/4 -
Hey @Troy01
- How bad is it if your plant does not get 2 weeks of flush before harvest? I fed that plant a couple days ago....

Hey @Troy01
- How bad is it if your plant does not get 2 weeks of flush before harvest? I fed that plant a couple days ago....

My understanding is that the flush is to remove the chemical taste of the fertilizer and to enhance the natural smell and flavor of the plant. I personally have never noticed the difference if flushed or not flushed. But then again maybe my taste buds aren't sophisticated enough to say the plant has a piney taste with a hint of pepper and a soft lime flavor.

I think your fine without flushing a full 2 weeks unless you are going for the "perfect" smell and taste.

If you think about it, I doubt very much whether stuff bought on the street is ever flushed for 2 weeks.

Hi there :) Flushing a plant helps first the taste/flavour and gives that oxygen to the root system which will finish her properly .If you have fed her, you can still flush.It's ashame you've done all the work all these weeks, and ,not to finish her off properly.Common mistake of a newbie, myself included In the past, to rush it and get a good result and not aim for a better result which is only a few days extra of waiting.If its an auto seed you have, sorry did not notice,I would still look out for the 'hairs" to turn red and at the same time crystal colorisation.She will fatten up without nutes.

Hi there :) Flushing a plant helps first the taste/flavour and gives that oxygen to the root system which will finish her properly .If you have fed her, you can still flush.It's ashame you've done all the work all these weeks, and ,not to finish her off properly.Common mistake of a newbie, myself included In the past, to rush it and get a good result and not aim for a better result which is only a few days extra of waiting.If its an auto seed you have, sorry did not notice,I would still look out for the 'hairs" to turn red and at the same time crystal colorisation.She will fatten up without nutes.
My concern with the nutes was that the trichomes are cloudy already and if the start turning amber (no idea how long all of this takes) it seemed that I had to make a decision about harvesting before the full flush or having them all turn amber. Like I said, I have no idea how quickly the trichomes go from cloudy to amber.

Next feed stop with nutes,flush her and continue under light.IWhen she gets dry after first flush, flush again and check trichomes.Do not worry about nothing else for now.The end is coming :)

Back
Top Bottom