1st Grow- Hawg's Breath, Northern Light, Hawaiian Skunk and Pineapple Kush

gsskunk

What's going on everyone?! I'm GSSkunk and I'm new to growing. My setup is as follows:

Room:
-Seedlings/Veg -- Corner of living room
-Flowering -- 12 hrs corner of living room / 12 hrs in walk in closet

Germination/Seedlings:
- Seed Starter System with hood and warming mat.
-Jiffy Cubes
-Under 400w HPS lamp

Veg/Flowering:
-Foxfarm soil with layers of perlite
-400w HPS lamp

First Grow:
*Hawaiian Skunk* Started: Nov 8 Pic Posted
3 seeds. Germinated 24 hours in water and transplanted in jiffy cubes. Placed inside germinator with heating pad underneath. Seeds started to peak out of the soil within 12 hours!!! Was not placed under the lamp. 2 of the seeds survived. Both have stretched stems over 3-4 inches long before they started to open their leaves. Lesson Learned: place under lamp as soon as the seeds start to sprout. Two weeks have passed and it has developed two large leaves and two small ones. One of the seedlings is showing a healthy root peaking out of the jiffy cube. Hopefully, both of them will be ready for transplant in a week. They seem to mature very slowly. Any Comments?

IMG_07182.JPG

<BR><BR>

*Hawg's breath* : Clone purchased Nov 8
On the day of purchase, the stem was about 4 inches tall. Total length was about 6 inches. Roots are showing under grodan cube. White, furry and healthy. Roots are about a fourth of an inch in length. Leaves were very green but saggy... Pic:

IMG_06992.JPG
<BR>
After about a week under a fluorescent light, the leaves start to start perking up. But the lack of perlite under the cube caused the roots to start looking brown. Pic...

IMG_07082.JPG

<BR>
I finally bought a bag of perlite. A week after layering it under the cube, the roots started to turn bright white, long and furry. However, the leaves start to sag. A day after I noticed the leaves start to sag, I transplanted it into a 1 gallon black bag with foxfarm soil and some layers of perlite in the bottom. I left it under the 400w light and the top layer of leaves started to sag even more. I decided to take it off from direct light and I've noticed some improvements two days after transplant. However, white furry spots have started to show all over the plant.... Thoughts???? Pic attached.
IMG_07143.JPG

<BR><BR>
*Northern Light Clone*
I bought this northern light clone on Nov 11. It was just recently transplanted from a clone cube to a bigger one on day of purchase. All the leaves were soggy and there were some yellow spots. I asked the guy if that was normal and he said it was fine and normal for newly transplanted clones. I took his word for it. He's pretty reliable. Pic....
IMG_07063.JPG

<BR>
It's been about a week and a half since I've brought home this clone. I still see no roots in the bottom of the grodan. The leaves have gotten yellow and I really do not see any improvements. I've trimmed off the bad leaves as well. The smell have gotten stronger on it though. Any suggestions? Should I ditch it? Current Pic:
IMG_07194.JPG

<BR><BR>
*Pineapple Kush* Seeds were bigger and healthier looking than the Hawaiian Skunk. I germinated it two days ago for 12 hours and put them in Jiffy cubes inside my germinator with the heating pad. It's been about twenty four hours and none of the seeds have sprouted. I'm starting to get worried because my first seeds started to sprout within 12 hours of planting. Pic:

IMG_07162.JPG

<BR><BR>
Okay everyone, that's it for today. I'll make sure to submit updates every few days!!!

GSSkunk

The problem with my Hawg's breath seems to be a progressing case of powdery mildew. I sprayed the plant with 1 part of milk to 9 parts of water and from the looks of it, most of the mildew disappeared. Crazy shit.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo

gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom