1st Grow, White Widow Fem, CFL Bulb

No problem. That's hard to calculate but you do want at least 150w per plant to get about 1-3oz is what I've heard. I'm a new and currently working on my second and third grow. My first lady had only 6-7 bud sites in a 2 gallon pot and I got about an oz. My second lady is in a 5 gallon pot and has probably 15 sites and I think I'll get at least 4-6 oz. Out of her.
Its just one plant under 600hps and 100cfl on 7gallon pot.

What do you think?

It's an interesting subject. I've read you need 35 watts per sq ft with LEDs and 65 watts per sq ft with others.

I have a combination of LED and T5. A friend gave me a lux meter he doesn't use and it was an eye opener. Although I read somewhere that lux cannot be accurately measured with LEDs, but based on what my readings are with the fluorescents in there, I was borderline in veg and way under lighted in flower.

It's a balancing act between heat and lux. Lights too close and the heat can burn plants... lights too far and insufficient light will effect yield and trichome production.

I'm grateful for the lux meter as it allows one to find the sweet spot. If that spot just doesn't bring high enough lux one knows for sure they have to upgrade lighting to get best production.

That info is also valuable because it gives a clear indication whether ones environment is dialed in properly. Heat effects water uptake and humidity. Getting the light the plants need can require increased exhaust and/or air conditioning.

Update:
I had some problems with overwatering, got some advice that helped me get her back before it was too late!

This is her today

420-magazine-mobile1637050692.jpg
420-magazine-mobile784551733.jpg
420-magazine-mobile268057029.jpg
420-magazine-mobile734115475.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1101672298.jpg

Back
Top Bottom