1st Hydro Grow - What do you guys think?

Update. Week 9 day 1. She has been under 600w mh bulb. Temp has been constant 80f. Ph at 5.6-5.8. I ordered a 6ftx4ftx3ft grow tent should get here next Friday. I am also looking into a venting system. Not sure yet but def need to get one. If you guys have any recommendations. The tent has 1 4in 3 6in and 4 8in openings. I will be posting up some more pics tomorrow. The roots are looking great. I ordered bud ignitor, bud candy, voodoo and Hawaiian bud. I read some pretty good grows with some of these and I think I can make a mix that I like. I will be buying a cloner dome this coming week hopefully. I really want to clone this plant. Well thanks for checking out.
image28330.jpg

I also removed my ScrOg since I will be building a better casing that will fit in the bucket and it won't be drill into my wall since it will be in the grow tent.

What's up guys. So I am now on week 1 daY 3 of stretching. I think I'm going to give her a day or 2 more while my tent gets here. She is about 3 feet tall. Looking very healthy. I have been trying to lower the ppm since I've had it about 1100 since I switched. I tried some methods online but to no avail. I'm going to try using filtered water from the filtered water stations and see how low the brings the ppm to. I have been change the nutes every 3-4 days. She is going thru water like crazy. Any ways here are some updated pics.
image29265.jpg
image29264.jpg
image29263.jpg

She is looking real nice! You are doing a great job with your first Hydro grow!

I do really like growing that way.

She should start packing on the buds now.

How is she smelling?

You are almost there. Just keep an eye on your PH and PPM and don't do anything crazy and she will reward you in a few weeks...

She is smelly kinda tangy and fruity. I can't wait. I have 40 days left almost there. Thanks. I studied a lot and asked a lot of questions. I wouldn't have done it without 420mag. Sounds corny but it's true. Lol

What's up guys. So I am now on week 1 daY 3 of stretching. I think I'm going to give her a day or 2 more while my tent gets here. She is about 3 feet tall. Looking very healthy. I have been trying to lower the ppm since I've had it about 1100 since I switched. I tried some methods online but to no avail. I'm going to try using filtered water from the filtered water stations and see how low the brings the ppm to. I have been change the nutes every 3-4 days. She is going thru water like crazy. Any ways here are some updated pics.
image29265.jpg
image29264.jpg
image29263.jpg

As mentioned I am doing a very similar set up and I found the ppm climbs a lot now that I am seeing a lot of transpiration. I add straight Ph'd water to dilute it. I run a reservoir and a small sub pump to even them out but on a single tank if water level is high just use a small cup remove some and add PH'd only (little at a time).. restest. That being said I am sure every strain is different but i have run up to 1300 and my plant didn't get bothered and I set my max at 1300-1400 then I worry. ;) I am following the Lucas Formula and ran 400-500 in early Veg up to 1000 average for the rest of grow. Simple and easy and worked on this grow so far. I added only Bud Candy in my second flush in flowering. Anyone feel free to chime in on this as is it my first grow as well but thought I'd share.

I'm a Noob at this but this is working for me ;)

you need more light to make good bud. Thats why your plants need long veg cycle. I dont ever veg more than 2-3 weeks. Like one of the guys pointed out, it grows a lot during flowering... but it needs adequate light. I use 2 750 watt LEDs. Keep my room really warm during veg, but man, do they grow fast.

I was under the assumption the non-auto plants you pick when you want to go to flower based on the size you want? Am I wrong on that?

I think I'm confused by your wording. Are you saying that to determine when to switch the light cycle of a photoperiod plant, you base it on what size it is?
If you are, then that is absolutely correct. They generally gain twice to three times their height in bloom depending (mostly) on how much of a bush you have made out of them by flowering time.

I think what Kal1424 is saying is that you will probably need more light during bloom no matter what. I agree with that.

Ahhh ok i get it.. I based my switch to 12/12 on the fact it was getting large and I knew it would grow substantially. I didn't wait for it to preflower or anything. What you are saying if I use better light will help it get larger.. faster .. in Veg. So it will go to flower faster. I am running almost his same setup and It being my first grow I used my 400hps for veg and was on to flower in just over 3 weeks. I will be using a T5 100w for veg this time so I am curious on how it will perform.

yes, the more powerful the light, the more the plant grows. Light is the most important nutrient you give your plant. You're trying to emulate the sun...

So in 2-3 weeks, my plants are already 2-3 feet and then when I bloom them, they can grow to as much as 6 feet tall or more.

Update day 42 in flower. She is smelly really tangy smell reminds me of oranges and pineapples lol. She is so big. I just cut off all the fan leaves. I read somewhere that cutting leaves to let light through was bad so instead of cutting all of the leaves I cut half of the leave to let light through and not lose out on the nutes from the light. So far I like this. I also super cropped on most of the branches. She is at about 30-40% Amber. My microscope gets here tomorrow so i will try to upload some pics of the trics. She is still feeding like crazy. I am changing nutes every 2-3 days. I added big buds nute from advance nutrients. Anyways here are some pics. Enjoy.
image31158.jpg
image31159.jpg
image31161.jpg
image31163.jpg

Back
Top Bottom