1st time cloning..

fasts102376

hello all... i just cut some clones and i want so see if u people think i did it right.. first i cut the cutting and put in some water let it soak for a couple of minutes.. then recut under water then put some rootone on the bottom and put it in dirt... now do i keep the soil wet at all times or do i treat it like the big plant let the soil dry then wet or just keep it moist all the time? do i keep the lights on 18\6 or 24\7? thanks you..:allgood:

kool guys:cheesygrinsmiley: next time i clone i'll sure get some rockwool.. mabe these will take off if not i know what to do the next time..lol one good thing is i can count on this site for help:cheesygrinsmiley: thanks again:adore:

yes dude, i use an absurd amount of rockwool, the stuff is very versitile and very ph balanced, i recommend it to anyone.

the tip is to have good drainage. get a bucket, buy a seed tray and there u go.

thanks 4 the replys:cheesygrinsmiley: when i go and get some rockwool and i put my cutting in it do i leave a little water in the tray? or do i just soak the rockwool in water for 24hours like growing slow mention?:allgood:

You can in fact clone in soil. Although Rockwool is better, just mix a higher ratio of vermiculite into the soil (preferably cloning soil) to increase the water retention abilities of the soil. Also, keep the cuttings in higher humidity to induce root growth and you can in fact put them under a 20/4 light/dark period. Superthrive can be added for additonal help.

If you have already put them in soil, DO NOT try to switch to Rockwool, more trouble than it's worth. Good luck. :peace:

In additon, cut the clone from the plant under running water. This prevents an air pocket forming in the stem which will ultimatly block the transfer of nutrients and water to the cutting.

well i did like u all suggested and i thing these two cuttings will make it.. soak the rockwool in water for 24hr with a drop of superthrive and a little b-1,they r 9 days old.. don't see no roots yet,but they aint died yet so i did something right:cheesygrinsmiley: how long do u think i got intill the roots start to show?
CLONES1.jpg

well on my first real attempt i finally have roots on my cuttings, it took 12 days.. i will post pic as soon as they aprove. thanks for all the reply:adore: im proud of myself! now if i can just keep the alive through the hole growing process...:laughtwo:

Dang ,
y'all must have some non-wantin'-to prognate virgins ...

We HillBillies like the simple path:
Dixie cup wit dirt ... cut, trim, put in dirt and water ..
cheap too ... less than a dime per clone

Omaha Steak box/igloo top for a tray.
First 3 days are the most important .. keep 'em wet
They ain't got no roots But they Sure want water.

my survial rate is 99%

not quite hillbilly cheap but works for me ::

mason jar aquarium pump wiyh airstone flat styrofoam top rock holding stryo top on jar ancient rootone powder [ca 1987] cpmpact flouro light
pencil holes instryofoam keep water about 1/4-- 1/2 inch below bottom of cutting light about foot above check water level every couple days takes about 10 days do angle cutting under water for clone and quickly dip in powder and place through hole in stryofoam bottom leaves of cutting will yellow and die but as long as toptip stays green ok

I usually keep a heating pad on low under my trays of cuttings and switch them to a 100 watt bulb as they are very delicate.Cuttings will suffer from temperature shock before anything....

Also , a trick flower shops use to keep their flowers alive longer is re-cutting the end of the cutting under the surface of a container of ROOM TEMPERATURE water .You can kickstart the capillary action like this , but be sure to use a sharp sterile razor and not scissors so you don't crush the channels the plant uses to transfer liquids internally.Good luck

Back
Top Bottom