1st time grow

vonb

Should I grow autos or photoperiod for my first grow? I already have down the fundamentals as if I was a previous grower so What are my options to go with? Something with high yields big buds?

I think yer still in the learning stages

Autos are easier and dont get huge and unruly, well usually

I'd start with an auto, learn the process, then expand as you gain experience in growing

Hey von, welcome to :420:
Mr Scorpio nailed it. You'll also have less things to worry about with autos. My suggestion would be White Widow Auto Feminized, a popular choice for new growers.
@SeedsMan is a sponsor here and have a very good selection of high quality seeds.

If you plan on starting soon get yourself a Journal going over here: Journals in Progress and plenty of people will try and help when you run into problems.
:goodluck:

Have to disagree completely. First timers should stay away from autos, they are unforgiving and do not provide you enough time to correct any errors during the first few weeks of growth. This is why, generally, you'll see most people suggest photoperiod plants to new growers.
So what do you prefer? I am growing indoors and in closet stealth mode. I want something for high yields, big buds?

Either way you need a good handle on the grow process, water pH, nutes and feeding schedule, medium,lights, etc

And I wouldn't plan on great yields on yer 1st grow , survival is most important starting out

I like the auto plan myself. If you just amend the soil really well the plant should not need any extra nutrients given at all. How much easier can that be or get? With photos you got 2 months veg and two flower and you will have nute depletions that come on normally and if you don't know why or what is going on they get worse and you got like 5 things wrong all at once. Do you know what depletes what ? Do you know what they do? Do you know ph ranges for each element? Are you lightproof? Those need to be all answered yes for a good photo grow.

I like the auto plan myself. If you just amend the soil really well the plant should not need any extra nutrients given at all. How much easier can that be or get? With photos you got 2 months veg and two flower and you will have nute depletions that come on normally and if you don't know why or what is going on they get worse and you got like 5 things wrong all at once. Do you know what depletes what ? Do you know what they do? Do you know ph ranges for each element? Are you lightproof? Those need to be all answered yes for a good photo grow.

None of that exists with an auto? Nearly all of them do. You're allowed to flip to flower whenever you want with a photoperiod. 4 weeks or 4 months, you decide.

None of that exists with an auto? Nearly all of them do. You're allowed to flip to flower whenever you want with a photoperiod. 4 weeks or 4 months, you decide.
What's the light cycle from start to finish with Photos? and with photos I can control the stages just with lighting? So I wanted to grow wider and maybe in height as well I would have to keep it in the veg stage for however long I want? Say 30-40 day then I switch my ending light cycle to 12/12 for flowering?

What's the light cycle from start to finish with Photos? and with photos I can control the stages just with lighting? So I wanted to grow wider and maybe in height as well I would have to keep it in the veg stage for however long I want? Say 30-40 day then I switch my ending light cycle to 12/12 for flowering?

That's correct. The most common veg light cycle for photos is usually 18 on 6 off. When you want to flip to flower, because you might run out of room or you're just plain ready to go, you switch the cycle to 12 on and 12 off. I suggest you look through the stickies at the top of this section. Maybe specifically How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!

Back
Top Bottom