1st Time Grower Box Build - 1st Clones And New Grow - Maui Wowie - GDP - LA Kush

I put 1/2 ounce of fish/kelp/guano mixed into a gallon of water. I then water each plant with a full gallon of water. I used to be on a 4 day water/feed cycle. But, I've noticed they get too dry. So, now i've gone to a 3 day schedule.

The funny thing is, the other two are looking great and growing great. The Maui is growing .... just doesn't look perfect. Color's too light.

We shall see ......

Ok ....... here's the pics .......

Day 17 (Veg)

People have to keep in mind. This is not actually day 17 of veg (from seed). These plants were clones in a collective .... no idea how old they are. Then, when they got about a foot tall, I cut them down by taking several clones from each. So, by the time they actually went into the big grow box, they were probably over a month old. I kept them in the small baby box for at least a week and a half. I started my "counting" when I finally moved them over to the big grow box. So, even though I list today as Day 17 ...... it's only the 17th day that they have been in the box.

So, they all seem to be drier now on the 3rd day after watering. So, they are obviously taking up more water than they were two weeks ago. They sure don't seem to mind getting watered sooner. And, I am deffinitely not over watering. The Maui Wowie still looks a little different than the other two. So, at this point I'd venture to say some of it is just genetics. When I start using the BPN organic nutes on the 1st of the month, I'll let everyone know if it makes much of a difference in the Maui.

So, here's how the ladies look today .............

3GirlGrow.jpg

The Maui is absolutely running wild. It grows inches overnight. I am just training the main tops. The lower branches seem to be lining up all on thier own. Each new growth node on the side branches seems to be shooting up it's own contestant for the main cola. This scrogging is easy as pie. But, I can see how I will run out of room really quickly.

Maui_Training.jpg

The GDP is just getting wider and wider. I keep pushing the stems away from each other. Not too sure how much actual scrogging I'll get from her. But, LST seems to be the ticket. I'll just keep trying to a decent scrog with her until the Maui forces me to flip the lights to 12/12. Remind me never to grow Sativa and Indica in the same box. I think growing the same strains at one time would be the smarter move.

GDP_Training.jpg

The LA Kush is acting the same as the GDP. So, I think it would be OK to grow these two at the same time. Not really much scrogging to do here. But, once again I am pushing the stems away from each other to open up some room for light to get to the lower branches. Once the growth gets high enough above the screen, I'll just pluck off all the growth at the bottom of the plants (below the screen).

LA_Kush_Training.jpg

Not much to tell today ..... which is a good thing. Everything just seems to be moving along nicely. Temps and humidity are staying pretty constant. about 75 degrees and 40-50 percent humidity.

Enjoy.

Ok ....... here's the pics .......

Day 17 (Veg)

People have to keep in mind. This is not actually day 17 of veg (from seed). These plants were clones in a collective .... no idea how old they are. Then, when they got about a foot tall, I cut them down by taking several clones from each. So, by the time they actually went into the big grow box, they were probably over a month old. I kept them in the small baby box for at least a week and a half. I started my "counting" when I finally moved them over to the big grow box. So, even though I list today as Day 17 ...... it's only the 17th day that they have been in the box.

So, they all seem to be drier now on the 3rd day after watering. So, they are obviously taking up more water than they were two weeks ago. They sure don't seem to mind getting watered sooner. And, I am deffinitely not over watering. The Maui Wowie still looks a little different than the other two. So, at this point I'd venture to say some of it is just genetics. When I start using the BPN organic nutes on the 1st of the month, I'll let everyone know if it makes much of a difference in the Maui.

So, here's how the ladies look today .............

3GirlGrow.jpg

The Maui is absolutely running wild. It grows inches overnight. I am just training the main tops. The lower branches seem to be lining up all on thier own. Each new growth node on the side branches seems to be shooting up it's own contestant for the main cola. This scrogging is easy as pie. But, I can see how I will run out of room really quickly.

Maui_Training.jpg

The GDP is just getting wider and wider. I keep pushing the stems away from each other. Not too sure how much actual scrogging I'll get from her. But, LST seems to be the ticket. I'll just keep trying to a decent scrog with her until the Maui forces me to flip the lights to 12/12. Remind me never to grow Sativa and Indica in the same box. I think growing the same strains at one time would be the smarter move.

GDP_Training.jpg

The LA Kush is acting the same as the GDP. So, I think it would be OK to grow these two at the same time. Not really much scrogging to do here. But, once again I am pushing the stems away from each other to open up some room for light to get to the lower branches. Once the growth gets high enough above the screen, I'll just pluck off all the growth at the bottom of the plants (below the screen).

LA_Kush_Training.jpg

Not much to tell today ..... which is a good thing. Everything just seems to be moving along nicely. Temps and humidity are staying pretty constant. about 75 degrees and 40-50 percent humidity.

Enjoy.

Wow that Maui is taken over. They all look great. :welldone:

So, I watered them this morning and ended up with another pan full of run off water. And .... once again it flooded the inside of my box and ended up running out through the vent holes. Since I really don't want to rot out the bottom of my box (1/2 inch plywood). I decided to go with the cat litterbox idea. I can't remember who suggested it. I think it was Wiz.

Anyway, I went to home depot and got some conduit pieces to use as a drain and some 5/8 rubber hose to drain with. I ran them out the bottom of the box through vent holes and ran them out through the front of the boxes base. Now, when I water, the extra just runs out and down the drain. I put a small piece of wood under the back of the pans to let the water run towards the drain. It works better than I expected.

Drain_Tube.jpg

Drain_Hole.jpg

This should prevent some future moisture issues.

Wiz ...... I made the screen myself. I drilled holes every three inches and then just used 550 cord to weave the screen. It wasn't hard at all. But, was way cheaper than buying screen.

Thanks Medgrower

Thanks ....

I just got so tired of dealing with a tray full of water. Not sure what I am going to do if I decide to grow 6 plants next time. There's not room in there for 6 cat boxes. I may have to make a custom box from plywood and fiberglass it. Then I only have to run 1 drain and can put in as many plants that will fit.

If I could find a pan that is 3 x 4 feet, i'd use it.

So, I watered them this morning and ended up with another pan full of run off water. And .... once again it flooded the inside of my box and ended up running out through the vent holes. Since I really don't want to rot out the bottom of my box (1/2 inch plywood). I decided to go with the cat litterbox idea. I can't remember who suggested it. I think it was Wiz.

Anyway, I went to home depot and got some conduit pieces to use as a drain and some 5/8 rubber hose to drain with. I ran them out the bottom of the box through vent holes and ran them out through the front of the boxes base. Now, when I water, the extra just runs out and down the drain. I put a small piece of wood under the back of the pans to let the water run towards the drain. It works better than I expected.

Drain_Tube.jpg

Drain_Hole.jpg

This should prevent some future moisture issues.

Wiz ...... I made the screen myself. I drilled holes every three inches and then just used 550 cord to weave the screen. It wasn't hard at all. But, was way cheaper than buying screen.

Thanks Medgrower

Now that was a great F'ing idea Muttt:thumb:

I think you are the one that suggested it.

Once I replaced the pots, I had to go through and put them as close as I could to thier original position since they have been bent for a while to start scrogging. I didn't want to have to bend them a whole new direction or something. I also wanted to change whatever I was going to change before I got them too far twisted up into the screen. Would have been hell changing the pans with the cola's all up in the net.

I had the desire to grow ..... long before I had permission to grow ..... LOL. By the time my wife decided it would be cool, I had already done lots of research. I do have to admit, if I could have started growing right away. I probably would have ended up with a clone under a 60 bulbs ..... then trying to figure out why it won't grow ..... LOL.

I was going to add more to this thread today. But, I have to admit it was a very unproductive day. I went to the Cannabis Farmers Market in Tacoma Wa. It was fantastic. More bud than you can shake a stick at. Must have a valid recommendation to get in. Everyone letting your try free samples from edibles, tinctures, bubble hash, oils, BHO, Kief ..... and anything else you can imagine. Needless to say, after about an hour, you have no idea what you came there for ..... LOL. And .... the prices were soooo cheap. Everyone competing for your business .... life is good.

Ever since the HVY debacle ..... I've been without. I was cleaning my recently purchased HVY bong and the bottom fell out. It was suposed to be something like 4mm thick and was actaully about the thickness of a 60w lightbulb. Really poorly blown piece of scientific glass on glass. (won't buy HVY again) Here in WA, you can't take a bong back to the store since it's been used and is now paraphernalia. And, since HVY doesn't list any contact info (either in cyberspace or anywhere else) so they can never make it right. I ended up needing new glass. My HVY had an 18mm downstem with a 14mm bowl.

I found what I call the green monster at the Farmers Market. Anyway, between trying all the goods and trying my new bong. I've been pretty useless all day ...... LOL. The Green Monster has an 18mm bowl and I have all these extra parts for my old bong. To make them usable in the new pipe, I put an 18mm down stem into the pipe to adapt it for 14mm ...... now I can use either. I got lucky and the downstem fits right in there. You can see the diffuser downstem inside (in this pic)

Green_Downstem.jpg

Here's a pic of the Green Monster ....... I can't wait till I can try some of my own .....

Green_Monster.jpg

Yeah I know ... the picture sucks. It was too big to get in the picture unless I held it way out there. I know this post isn't about my grow .... but, I did check on my girls right before posting this ..... does that count .... LOL.

Anyway, I am in the process of ordering the 7 pack of BPN nutes. I plan to begin using them as soon as they arrive.

BPN7.jpg

Welcome Popcorn.

Wiz .... it's the three part organic. Here is what comes with the 7 pack (75 bucks) .....

1 gallon of Farmer's Pride Organic Grow

1 gallon of Farmer's Pride Organic Bloom

1 gallon of Farmer's Pride Organic Micro

1 quart of Farmer's Pride Organic Bio-Juice Soil Activator

1 quart of Farmer's Pride Organic Dark Matter Humate Tea

1 quart of Farmer's Pride Organic K-Bud

4 ounce container of Root Magic Mycorrhizae

Nothing has changed with the clones. No roots to speak of. If you look really closely at the stems. It looks like there might be some really microscopic fuzz that may be thinking of becoming a root hair. But, nothing obvious. They aren't dead. But, they aren't rooting either. I'll just leave them there till they either die or root. In the mean time, I should probably take some fresh cuts and put them into rapid rooters. I'm going to need something viable when the girls in the big box finish flowering (haven't even started flowering yet).

Back
Top Bottom