1st time grower trying to mix solution and understand EC meter

redny

Hello all.

I am a first time grower and am very excited, it is something I have always wanted to do. :Rasta:

I have read through some of the posts on this site and feel lucky to have so much help available.

I have a Ecogrower 6 plant spider system with a 17 gallon reservoir and a Sunleaves duel 400 watt MH and HPS light system.

I have just started germinating and am in the process of mixing my first reservoir of solution. I have a 17 gallon reservoir and am a little confused about how to use my EC meter and how to mix the solution I have flora grow, flora micro and flora bloom.

If anyone can advise me on how to mix the solution and what EC level it should be at. I understand the ph needs to be between 5.5 and 6.5 but am not sure what the EC should be. When I test the water without any nutrients the meter reads 0.-what should it read after I add the Flora Grow and Flora Micro?

Thanks in advance for any help..

Hello all.

I am a first time grower and am very excited, it is something I have always wanted to do. :Rasta:

I have read through some of the posts on this site and feel lucky to have so much help available.

I have a Ecogrower 6 plant spider system with a 17 gallon reservoir and a Sunleaves duel 400 watt MH and HPS light system.

I have just started germinating and am in the process of mixing my first reservoir of solution. I have a 17 gallon reservoir and am a little confused about how to use my EC meter and how to mix the solution I have flora grow, flora micro and flora bloom.

If anyone can advise me on how to mix the solution and what EC level it should be at. I understand the ph needs to be between 5.5 and 6.5 but am not sure what the EC should be. When I test the water without any nutrients the meter reads 0.-what should it read after I add the Flora Grow and Flora Micro?

Thanks in advance for any help..

:welcome: to 420! Growing is exciting! Here are a cupla links. First one is a read about ec/ppm's....you need to know your ppm's. Also a link to GH's nutirent calculator. Good growin!

What is the difference between ppm and EC?

GENERAL HYDROPONICS

Thanks for the quick reply, the link looks very technical but I will read through and see if I can figure it all out.

Back
Top Bottom