1st time grower trying to understand nutrients

Boxers64

420 Member
Hi, I am a first time grower in Australia who has watched many videos on growing and done lots of research and I am now growing my first plant. It is Three Blue Kings and it is now in week 5 of flower. I was very late getting the seed in so the plant is small but very healthy. I would love some advice on what nutrients to use in this girls final weeks. She is in a combination of quality potting mix, worm castings and perlite. So far the only nutrient used has been power feed. Any advice would be welcome.

power feed? does that include NPK?
Some people will tell you to flush the plant instead of add more nutes. I'm unfamiliar of anything you can add in flowering. maybe others do. I do know that If you cut off Nitrogen the leaves will turn yellow and the buds and trichomes will be super ripe right before harvest.

Yes, power feed does include npk. I am switching to a potassium/phosphate mix for the last weeks before I start to flush this girl. Hopefully she will continue to develop.
20200424_104847.jpg
158769013714274954616218193811.jpg

Up to you, but a lot of growers on here are against flushing and they find that feeding up to the end gives a bigger yield and a "successful" flush doesn't make the bud taste noticeably different. I tried finding a thread to link but couldn't. I think a well-known member has it in their signature. "stop flushing now" or something.

Up to you, but a lot of growers on here are against flushing and they find that feeding up to the end gives a bigger yield and a "successful" flush doesn't make the bud taste noticeably different. I tried finding a thread to link but couldn't. I think a well-known member has it in their signature. "stop flushing now" or something.
Thats interesting, thanks for the info, I will see what I can find.

Back
Top Bottom