2 closet sog plan

420bandit

Hey guys, first time grower here. I have 2 closets that I'd like to use for this sog plan. The smaller which is 33"x28" I'll use for veg. I have a mh 175w mini sunburst by hydrofarm and a 24w t5 by hydrofarm to use in this closet. In here I'll keep a mother plant and clones. In the bigger closet which is 43"x32 I'll flower with either a 400w or 600w hps.
Now what I'm not sure about is, given my setup capabilities, how many and what size pots should I use in my flower room. What type of intake and exhaust fans could I use. Any input or tips on anything would be appreciated.

I'm using a 3'x4'x6' tall cabinet and after discussing the issue with some local guys. I decided to go with the 7 gal pots. These pots are platstic and have slits down the sides and accross the bottom. Basically the same principle as airpots. The way it was explained to me was to use the 7 gal to try and reduce or defeat the root ball from being pot bound. Using the same soil to clone and then stick the clone into the 7 gal pot as soon as it starts to root. This should reduce any kind of shock since you are using the same soil. The 7 gal should be more than big enough for the plant to live out it's life cycle without needed more space for roots.

The air type pots kill the very tips of the roots as they get to the side of the pot. This makes the plant shoot off another root. This keeps the roots thin with lots and lots of small roots. Instead of fewer large roots that then snake and circle around the inside of the pot and end up making the plant root/pot bound. In theory, this would allow the roots to work more efficiently and allow the plant to produce more.

That's the way it was explained to me anyway ....... LOL. Sounds good in theory. And, since the pots are only 7 bucks, it's worth a shot.

So I have my flowering closet set up with a 400w hps. The problem is I cant keep the heat down even with the door open and a small fan. When I use my temp gun its reading close to 90 on the floor. Am I gonna have to get a fan and ducting to attach directly to the unit?

Back
Top Bottom