2 or 3 plant closet grow help request

soylent green

Ok let me start by saying I have read a lot on here and most of these questions I have answers for but I am still wanting input. Here goes.

I'm looking to make a very small grow space for only 2 or 3 plants. I'm thinking of doing it DWC style. I have a few things but will need to buy more. Here's what I have so far:

1 250 HPS light

1 4' 2 bulb flouro fixture with cool and warm white bulbs

3 5 gallon buckets with lids. Brand new and white but will be light proofing them with duct tape.

1 ppm tester though it might not be working now

2 aquarium air pumps with dual outlets. These are larger and will work but I do not remember the details. Lets just assume for now they will work.

Air stones and black tubing

Computer fans

Things I know I need to get yet:

Hydro nuits. Here I am not exactly sure what I need. I know the brands talked about here but how much will I need for a small hobby grow?

New ppm meter

material to make the enclosure as the closet is to big as is and I'll only be using about half of it.

Emergency blankets for reflection.

parts for a homemade charcoal filter and the fan to make it work.

Power supply for the comp fans.

Net pots and medium

Ok i'm not sure what else I need beyond this. I am thinking about using either foam insulation or cheap plywood for the 2 walls I need to build then line them with the emergency blankets. Since I can't paint the inside of the closet white like I would like to, this it my best option i think. I will have about 6 feet of head room so the scrog seems the best way to do this.

So i have the idea for the walls and the screen and frame, buckets and air pump, air supply and odor control and lighting. I still need the medium and am not sure what I want to go with. I want to keep it simple so thinking maybe clay pellets.

Now i'm not sure what to feed my plants. I was thinking bottled stuff but would I be better off getting stuff to make a tea of some kind. I'm new to the tea idea so I need to do more study.

Anyway this is the over all idea of what I am wanting to do. Just a simple small grow from bag seed just to see what I can do. There are no stores near me that sell any of this but I'm not worried about buying online. So if you were in my shoes and looking to build a 3'x3' grow space on a budget with the goal I have in mind what you do with what I have and what would you buy to add to my list?

Back
Top Bottom