Nutrient water cooler - Input requested

BrokrnEyes

The next hydro set up I am planning Maine the Sessa Tate the need of keeping the nutrient water cool. I've gone online and have found coolers that are purpose made for this application, however they running the $200 range and I'm not interested in spending that much. What I would like to do is to DIY it by having a submerged in water pump in the main reservoir pumping the nutrient water through A bit of flexible tubing That is submerged in a cooling solution before being returned Back into the res.

The cooling solution would be:
Distilled water
Salt (Rock or whatever I have on hand that isn't mixed with other minerals)
I super full alcohol, 91%
Ice

All right so what I am envisioning is a Styrofoam cooler with The flexible hose coiled around eyes that is contained in a 2 L bottle With all that submerged in the salt water/isopropyl alcohol solution. A water pump would pump the nutrient water through the coiled tubing before being returned her back into the razz, preferably where the source of heat is most likely been generated. With this be a viable? I realize that I will obviously have to regularly change out the ice, hence why it would be frozen inside a 2 L container to make that all the more easier ( pull the sprint leader outs, put the new one in and re-freeze the old one. My hope is that by constantly having cooled nutrient water passing over what would be warming the water I will in fact be keeping that device cool and the nutrient water will not suffer.

Ya know... I've seen many such attempts over the years. I've tried many myself.
Never have I really seen an ice based system become something functional that a grower was happy with.
Of course, someone will chime in here showing something creative off, and prove me wrong... but that would be quite welcome after all.
I have seen folks convert and AC unit to a chiller by stretching out the coil and submerging it in the water.

Back
Top Bottom