2 Part + Bloom Booster

2001vettez06

Disclaimer: I am in NO way affiliated wtih BPN--not in the army, no special deals etc.. I was impressed with some grows I saw, but I'm a skeptic and didn't want to drink the Kool-Aid and try to get a deal, and possibly influence my opinion of them.

I'm also a new grower with a TON to learn, so my past nutes Earth Juice Organic line(5 part) and my problems with them, were likely all my fault.

So here is the story. I completed a run about 2 months ago, my first ever. Used FFOF soil for most of the plants with a few using Sunshine #4 mix. Anywho, I did ok for what was an imperfect attempt for a first time grower with some bagseed I've collected. Had several issues, but those were growing pains. Plants matured very slowly though and I ended up nuking them with nutes later in grow, stunting them more. Had some herm issues. My fault with how I wired room(neutral and hot backwards allowed some voltage back feed and the LED's would barely glow causing plant stress---plus probably from bagseed genetics too). At the end of the run though we had some very good quality smoke, although somewhat seeded. Yields were good, but time in flower was horribly long, painfully so. We needed to improve, so my buddy got some "good genetics" from a friend who had a bunch of good seeds. So, I think we had about 10-12 seeds we planted. We weren't told what they were, only a mix of Kush type strains. Think of the naked guy from Grandma's boy and that's like the guy he got the seeds from lol.

All sprouted, culled the males after they all sexed/pre-flowered. Had 9 different females and some very different phenos or strains.

Threw these in flower around 5/20 into early June. Some took a bit longer to sex. Anyway, All was well on the EJ on this run up until week 3-4 of the switch to 12/12. Had a knat problem, had to use Azamax with a water flush. In hindsight, I was probably borderline low on nutes, probably from being paranoid about nuking them. Shortly after, leaves started getting that yellow bleaching, and some tips were drying and curling. Thought I somehow nuked them again. Found the threads on reading leaves for damage etc... Instead of over nuting, I diagnosed massive phos and K deficiency along with some Nitrogen and Cal/Mag def too. Now I understand that around week 3-4 many of the buffers in soil/soil-less get used. Anyway, the plants were SICK. Ordered the BPN b/c at that time I was panicing, and wanted to try something new anyway.

Nutes showed up in about a week. Was a bit nervous about trying "chemical" nutes, but after first feed the plants responded nicely. Not cured mind you, but each subsequent feed, I think I fed 3-4 times in a row w/out a water/flush, most of the leaves were healed and the plants started to do quite well. My leaves still show some signs of my fubar, but man am I impressed with the BPN stuff. The guide on their site re: feeding schedule has been very helpful and pert near spot on. I'm sure certain strains would benefit from certain tweaks here or there, but Corey's road maps are pretty darn good.

My current run is starting to come into the home stretch. One plant ready in 1-2 weeks. Rest should be ready in about 3 maybe 4 weeks. We'll see. Really looking forward to trying these out. They are so much more dank looking than my last run. Looks like sugar is sprinkled on the buds and leaves ;). Way more than my last run.

Anyway, I wanted to send some props to Corey and the BPN product as I'm now a believer. Can't wait to run some new genetics I got from Sannies(Jackberry, Kollossus, Herijuana, Anesthesia, free kush and KFx NYCD), and Nirvana(WW and Crystal, plus free fem from single seeds--MK and Sage).

My main problem now is trying to pick which mom's to keep as I want to keep them all but not enough space :(

I'm going to link some pics here a bit, plz be patient. Check out current grow that's finishing and the new veg plants are insanity. BTW I highly recommend T5's with some Actinic blues in there. My current Veg T5's are running 2x Actinic blue, one 10k white and one Floragrow(red). The Veg leaf I'll have pictured is a clone off of one of the Kush type plants, and about 3-4 weeks from the Clone bucket into a very small pot. Trying to keep them smaller so I can keep more in the small tent, until this run ends and I figure out which one's are keepers.

LMK what you guys/gals think.
IMG_029510.jpg

IMG_02949.jpg

IMG_028916.jpg

IMG_028622.jpg

IMG_028719.jpg

IMG_029214.jpg

So after a couple days drying, then one day in paper bag she was ready to sample.....

It looks like it was dipped in sugar. Trichomes everywhere, so awesome. Since it looked so dank I wanted to see if it would pass that test of 2-3 hits in the bowl and see where I'm at. Initial head rush/numbness within 3-5 minutes, followed shortly after with a chest numbness and sense of peace and relaxation. I can sure see why people describe couch lock with some strains. I don't think I'd call it a one hit wonder, but you'll definitely feel it after 1-2 hits, and 3 puts it into outer space heights. Our old stuff was good, damm good esp our 7 plant. This stuff beats it easily. WOW.

It's been a long time since I've had such a mellow and couch locking high. Very nice on the pallet. A bit immature as it hasn't cured, but it has a skunky, sweet, and moderate taste of coffee or chocolate, I can't place it yet. I'm guessing something in the Afgan Kush family, I'm dying to find out now by research what she is. All of our plants look different. Some are similar and I'm guessing phenotypes within same genetic line, but several are way different and I'm guessing some nice choices from the original buyer. After seeing and sampling this, I'm motivated to some day enter the NOTM contests :). I know it's a tiny bud, but man does it look and smoke sweet ;).

dried001.jpg

dried002.jpg

dried003.jpg

I feel like the Wicked Witch of the West lol. "I'm melting"!!!!!! lol. This shit is awesome. I'm a BPN hoe for life man. Made the plants come alive. Maybe I just got lucky but the feeding schedule was spot on and saved my self induced plant woes.

That first plant is pulled, the most Indica heavy trait type plant. After researching different plants and their phenotypes I think we're dealing with something in the AK/AK47 line. This one would again be more of the indica versions and the sativa leaning versions coming up in the next 1-2 weeks ;).

Top bud from this plant in photo below. Dried the one plant gave me 53.5gm ;). I think if I did it right this plant would do another 20-40% in weight with same time, veg, grow type just by not messing up the nutes and I over-prunned in the beginning too. Live and learn. I want to try this in a Hempy SOG run.

Anyway here u go.
new_0029.JPG

Back
Top Bottom