Elite 3-Part - A 3-Part Review

@Blue Planet Nutrients review: Part 1 - First Impression

Okay, first off, I had been in contact with Corey from BPN for a few months for various reasons. So I contacted him about the volume of my reservoirs and the speed that my space uses nutrient solution, and the shelf life of the actual product.

He was open and honest about shelf life in ideal conditions, and problems I could encounter if the base concentrates ever met adverse conditions and also made me aware that colors may fade over time, but it in no way affects the nutrients. Really, who does that? No large-scale commercial product supplier I know of, but Corey does... that's the only one I know of.

Regarding my grow reservoirs, I was unsure of the sizes I should purchase, quart, or gallon. My concern was that if I got the quart size 3-part and ran through it in under a year, and needed to reorder this year, I should have just gotten the gallon size, because with shipping it would be about the same price for 2 separate quart shipments as 1 of the gallon shipments. He took into account suggested res change frequency, and the amount that my space uses in a week. I'm also pretty sure that since he knows who I am, that he checked my journals here for res sizes both in the Flower Box (2@4Gal) and for my mother bin (2Gal) and told me that I'd be better off getting the gallon of the Elite 3-part, and only a quart of the Liquid Blue. Again, open and honest. He could have told me that I needed the gallon of Liquid Blue just to upsell, but he didn't. He had my actual needs in mind and made the honest suggestion of proper sizes to buy. If I was talking to some large-scale outsourced rep with any of the other companies, I most probably would have been guided to buy more than I would use in a year before they expired, gone bad, and I would have wasted nutrients, and money.

I also want to point out this from the website:
Organic and hydroponic Nutrients for huge buds and high yields​
Blue Planet Nutrients?​
NO HYPE. JUST RESULTS.​
We genuinely care about our customers and want you to succeed using our nutrients. We measure our success from the Quality and Yield of your grow.​
Exhaustive research has resulted in superior product formulations and extensive searching around the globe has led us to sources of the highest quality raw materials for our products. Only the best goes into Blue Planet Nutrients.​
Try our nutrients and you will not be disappointed. We offer a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied in any way.​
It's true people... He really does care, and he proved it. He continues to prove it here, every day. He doesn't just sit back and hope for your business, he EARNS IT. The fact that he's here with us, helping IN THIS FORUM, in the individual threads, shows us that. This is what drew me to BPN in the first place. The fact that I knew that if I was having trouble with the nutrients, he's subscribed to my thread, so all I have to do is ask in the thread, and I get the answer. I don't have to sit on the phone, listening to bad music, hoping that the person speaks my language, and that they know something about the nutrients they're hawking. He does it here, for all to see. Again.... Open and honest.

To Corey: I know you're reading this now. My hat's off to you. You have earned a lifelong customer. Even if I have problems, I know we will work them through together, and it will be chronicled here for others to learn from it. I still want to shake your hand someday.

To Be Continued . . . Part-2 Vegetative Growth.

@Blue Planet Nutrients review: Part 2 - Vegetative Growth

I have been using BPN Elite 3-part with Liquid Blue Bloom Booster now for two months. Since part one, I have now seen how this system works for vegetative growth, and for cloning. Let me tell you, "I'm amazed" doesn't even begin to cover my impression of the difference from the other nutrients I've tried!

At first I was a little reluctant to really let the plants have as much as I thought they could handle. I know that now, that although it is wise to err on the side of caution, it was not necessary with these nutrients. I should have just started with Crazy Growth and let them run wild.

I say this for one simple fact: When I mistakenly started that schedule 2 weeks earlier than intended, they not only improved in overall health, (with Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice I was having a problem with nutrients either being too hot, or undergrowth just dying off) but in stem structure, and vigor as well. I have been able to take 35 clones from 3 mothers in 2 months, and they bounce right back and put off side chutes almost immediately. Keep in mind that I keep my mother plants under 22 inches tall and in tight quarters. Four plants in no larger than a 21w x 19d x 24h space. Given the size of the three donor plants, that number of clones in two months is remarkable growth. Also, there is no lag in time between taking cuttings, and the plant growing new chutes; it seems to happen over-night.

Furthermore, the cuttings I take when they show roots out the bottoms of the starter squares, although it is recommended to start them on the Seedling schedule, I am able to go straight to Veg1 for a week, the straight to Crazy Growth on week two after roots. I have seen no ill effects from this and have not even tanned the tips of those delicate cuttings. Now, I know results vary, but with performance like that, who would mess around with any other nutrient line?

In all this, there was one minor adjustment that I had to make for my particular situation: I had to go up to 12ml per gallon of “Grow” for the Crazy Growth schedule, because 10ml wasn’t supplying enough Nitrogen and I was losing strength, and color in new growth. That was easy enough to figure out, and now I have bushy plants that promise to be very fruitful mothers. For proof of all these claims, click on any of the mothers in my signature. For proof of the clone performance, click on Third Test Run in my signature.

To Be Continued… Part-3 Flowering

A @Blue Planet Nutrients review: Part 3 - Flowering

As expected from the health of the plants in Veg, these nutrients are pretty amazing. I used the BPN Monster Bloom schedule with Liquid Blue Bloom Booster, and in a 2x4 space pulled 7.71 OUNCES. Click ->here<- for that. and for part deux, here the link to that ->here<-

After growing with this nutrient line for a year, I was quite impressed at how even through transition, this line held a pretty stable pH. As plants' needs change slightly and uptake of different nutrients causes pH instability one is constantly fighting to keep reservoirs in range. With BPN, I did not have that as bad. Small pH shifts of no more than 0.2 pH in a 24 hour period. As the range is 5.5 pH to 6.1 pH a shift of 0.2 pH (+/-) from 5.8 pH is still within range, and caused very little deficiencies at all.

In All, I think that Blue Planet Nutrients has a very good product, that I give 4.5 stars out of a possible 5. Yes, I could have given 5, quite easily, but as it is mail-order only at this point, shipping charges are something that really drives the price up. I've been trying at my local hydro store to get them to start carrying it, even in small amounts. I think he's about ready to say, "Okay" and call them. (Fingers Crossed) Until then, shipping, and having to think ahead for nutrients is a big deal when giving this rating.

I too will jump on the the BPN bandwagon. After several months of growing and using BPN with this latest batch i am very impressed! I am somewhat less caring about my plants. As I am nursery and landscape career kinda guy, I don't really treat my plants as "delicately" as I see on the posts here. After years of growing I am thrilled to finally find nutrients that are so forgiving. I tend to experiment with every new batch,, i.e., seeds, breeding,PH, RH, light schedules, LST, cropping etc, most recently 2L type grows( 420fied is the man) and a real variety of nutrients, soils and light types.
BPN you have my endless gratitude the product is great reasonably priced and well just expect to see more orders from me. Once again a big thanks!

Anyone have good success with the BPN Farmers Pride Organic Line in Hydroponic Drip Systems using Rockwool Blocks and Slabs? I have ALWAYS used thick stinking Organic Nutes like Pure Blend Pro Organics with good results, and keep my reservoir, lines, and pump clean and maintained and aerated with air stones ... Just wanted to get some replies from growers that have used the FP Organics with my type of setup, or should I go with the Elite Series for better resluts? Any help with this would be very much appreciated!

Thanks guys and gals :)

Tony

Anyone have good success with the BPN Farmers Pride Organic Line in Hydroponic Drip Systems using Rockwool Blocks and Slabs? I have ALWAYS used thick stinking Organic Nutes like Pure Blend Pro Organics with good results, and keep my reservoir, lines, and pump clean and maintained and aerated with air stones ... Just wanted to get some replies from growers that have used the FP Organics with my type of setup, or should I go with the Elite Series for better resluts? Any help with this would be very much appreciated!

Thanks guys and gals :)

Tony

Hey very good questions, and kudos for keeping org nutes and system clean! Corey says that although the orgs will work under hydro systems, they are really engineered to build a good soil, which in turn grows a good plant. They will work in a hydro system, though, and will give quite good results, when used with a hydroton/expanded clay substrate, or rockwool, as these will hold a good deal between drips, and almost become a sort-of soil although the are in fact soil-less media. The organic bits will become lodged in the crevices, and work the same as if they were in a barren soil!

Back
Top Bottom