260 Watt Quantum Board LED Kit V2 questions

I have mine dimmed down to 100 watts when I first received them they were set at 260 watts. I didnt know ifthere was any danger in dimming down that far. I thought that maybe there was a min max value.

Thanks

They are vary adjustable

Think of it like a dimmer switch on the wall for a kitchen light, turn it full blast.....or low as it goes

Biggest thing is distance from the plant and the watts it puts out...
Full blast at 24" away, or lowest at 24" away, obviously big difference

All I use now are QBs, love em, holler anytime if u have questions, all my boards are hlg boards

Is it ok to use a external dimmer switch like a fan speed control to control the QB power? So just turn it up and then use the fan dimmer to turn it down?

Is it ok to use a external dimmer switch like a fan speed control to control the QB power? So just turn it up and then use the fan dimmer to turn it down?

Do you mean one of those cheap thingys you have on the outlet (AC side)?
I wouldn't use those, it might mess with the driver if you alter the input.

I wouldn't use a dimmer for a fan or similar, like GunRack said it may screw up the driver, I'd buy a new driver if needed, and get the "B" driver with wired in dimmer, not the one on the driver

You only need to adjust once in a while, I assume? For veg to flower switch and vice versa?

If you want to change the output a lot, you might want to take a step up from the type B driver and potentiometer combo, and get a a type B driver and an Amelech Zigbee controller + Hub, so you can control the driver via an app and set it to automatically change intensity at certain times.

Back
Top Bottom